Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kicking from group...?


ZETA_SCORPII's Avatar


ZETA_SCORPII
07.05.2013 , 07:14 AM | #21
Vote to kick is abused so much in this game, I got kicked once for breaking cc on an easy mob!

Never_Hesitate's Avatar


Never_Hesitate
07.05.2013 , 07:29 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by ZETA_SCORPII View Post
Vote to kick is abused so much in this game, I got kicked once for breaking cc on an easy mob!
That's the biggest of all possible offences, it takes you away from the normal kill order the dps have to do: Boss -> Champion- > Elite -> Strong -> Normal -> Weak
(If you even have to bother with the last two, the healer is doing a bad job, because he should have killed them by the time you killed the stronger mobs)
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, Caphalør Sorc, Kindarya Assa, Leonië PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

TheNegotiator's Avatar


TheNegotiator
07.06.2013 , 04:55 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
That's the biggest of all possible offences, it takes you away from the normal kill order the dps have to do: Boss -> Champion- > Elite -> Strong -> Normal -> Weak
(If you even have to bother with the last two, the healer is doing a bad job, because he should have killed them by the time you killed the stronger mobs)
Meh not quite so simple. I get into arguments with players who cc unmarked mobs (when I'm tanking) during the fight and expect me to know exactly what is cc'd even if I don't have a good view of it. If you are not marking your cc or at least calling it out in group chat then it's your fault if it's broken.

kirorx's Avatar


kirorx
07.07.2013 , 02:54 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Hockaday View Post
We have a guild on the Ebon Hawk who does that, they kicked my Merc friend for needing on a spec appropriate Aim piece, and they were the only aim user. It happens, try to remember their names and add them to ignore or something. Oh, and file a ticket...though I don't know what can be done.

Edit: If you want to know the guild, feel free to PM me, rather not start a forum war...
Im on the Same server and had a very similar incident with a particular guild

Also had some guys just talk so much trash that one guy quit and then kept up this whole l33t speak about how they can two man it and blah blah, I dropped and for like 10 mins got nasty messages in which I did not respond

A few scum bags out there but it's pretty rare still
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

Sirokai's Avatar


Sirokai
07.16.2013 , 09:45 AM | #25
Grumbles. Grumbles everywhere.

Yet again today we were almost done and the tank (guardian) had been needing on multiple pieces of aim gear that our healer needed (and said so many times in party chat). After another boss was killed and another piece of aim gear was needed on, I initiated a kick.

Well, it failed. The other dps stopped the kick because he just wanted to get it done. BUT the tank (the ninja) initiated a kick (because ... revenge kick?) and it was somehow immediately accepted (the dps and healer weren't given an option to vote against it..?) and I was removed from the group near the very end. Being deployed, I have minimal time that I can play during the week and then having it all be wasted when I try to do the daily/weekly is highly frustrating.

This vote to kick system is beyond aggravating and I don't get why it is set up the way it is. *SO* frustrating. And just 'ignoring' people isn't a long-term fix. The system shouldn't enable people to be awful. A vote to kick should initiate a vote to kick and you need x votes for it to go through, not "hey you're being kicked now unless people know how to say no'.
Sith Sorcerer (Pandemonium) - Female, Sith Pureblood; Imperial Agent (Sidelined) - Male, Chiss; Jedi Knight (Lamuh) - Male, Sith Pureblood; Trooper (Khaligto) - Female, Mirialin

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
07.16.2013 , 10:04 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Sirokai View Post
Grumbles. Grumbles everywhere.

Yet again today we were almost done and the tank (guardian) had been needing on multiple pieces of aim gear that our healer needed (and said so many times in party chat). After another boss was killed and another piece of aim gear was needed on, I initiated a kick.

Well, it failed. The other dps stopped the kick because he just wanted to get it done. BUT the tank (the ninja) initiated a kick (because ... revenge kick?) and it was somehow immediately accepted (the dps and healer weren't given an option to vote against it..?) and I was removed from the group near the very end. Being deployed, I have minimal time that I can play during the week and then having it all be wasted when I try to do the daily/weekly is highly frustrating.

This vote to kick system is beyond aggravating and I don't get why it is set up the way it is. *SO* frustrating. And just 'ignoring' people isn't a long-term fix. The system shouldn't enable people to be awful. A vote to kick should initiate a vote to kick and you need x votes for it to go through, not "hey you're being kicked now unless people know how to say no'.
you should pm healer and other dps first, never initiate a vote kick on a tank if you are not sure you can win it. why? cause next one can come in 20 minutes or later while waiting for DPS takes less time then my loading screen on a ship.

if things were for healer, he should initiate a vote kick, and vote from healer would kick that tank.
also, I have a feeling you missed something out of that story
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Sirokai's Avatar


Sirokai
07.16.2013 , 10:15 AM | #27
I actually didn't leave anything out. o_o The dps even felt bad and sent me some purple 55 gear as an apology for what happened cause he felt bad. =P

But ya, I guess acting on people having poor behavior shouldn't happen because a system allows for easy retribution.
Sith Sorcerer (Pandemonium) - Female, Sith Pureblood; Imperial Agent (Sidelined) - Male, Chiss; Jedi Knight (Lamuh) - Male, Sith Pureblood; Trooper (Khaligto) - Female, Mirialin

tommox's Avatar


tommox
07.16.2013 , 11:28 AM | #28
I have to say i must be one of the lucky ones i was kicked out of a group a long time ago for being a complete noob and not only being a noob but thinking i knew best. apart from that i have never been kicked out of a group for the things you guys are taking about. i generally find it to be a good experience (touch wood).

mikebevo's Avatar


mikebevo
07.16.2013 , 01:37 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
That's the biggest of all possible offences, it takes you away from the normal kill order the dps have to do: Boss -> Champion- > Elite -> Strong -> Normal -> Weak
I am going to assume you are joking, but the reason we have the ability to kick is for dps that practice that kill order.

Ocho-Quatro's Avatar


Ocho-Quatro
07.16.2013 , 01:49 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
That's the biggest of all possible offences, it takes you away from the normal kill order the dps have to do: Boss -> Champion- > Elite -> Strong -> Normal -> Weak
(If you even have to bother with the last two, the healer is doing a bad job, because he should have killed them by the time you killed the stronger mobs)
Wow tanks must hate you.

In my experience, DPS should focus down Weak -> Normal -> Strong -> Elite -> Champion.

Why?

For every mob the DPS kill, it's one less that the tank has to hold onto. It's FAR easier for a tank to jump in and hold the biggest baddest of the group, while the DPS pick off the weaker mobs fast, then everyone focuses on the Elites/Champion.

That is like... DPS 101
TOROCast - Star Wars: The Old Republic's Longest Running Fan Podcast
Apos'trophe Sage - Apostrophé Scoundrel - Period Vanguard - Parentheses Shadow - Quotation Sentinel
Aster'isk Mercenary - Back'slash Assassin - Per'iod Operative
The Punctuation Legacy