Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Summer of SWTOR Update

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MillionsKNives
07.16.2013 , 01:13 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
and new gear? again? ffs......
I have to agree with this. How often do we really need to add new end game gear? 2.0, 2.2, and 2.4. The only real content patch between those is going to be 2.3, every other content patch since 2.0 will have had new gear.

Vis-Tecum
07.16.2013 , 01:13 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
and new gear? again? ffs......
I kinda feel the same

reading this again it might just be new skins to go along with the new ops / warzones it doesn't say a new tier of end game gear but these blog "updates" are not very informative and just a lot of PR speak no real info

I think I remember Jessy Sky mention that the gear designs were going to go with the "theme" of the ops in future content
Just go riding right by me on the crest of the new wave

iPvP
07.16.2013 , 01:13 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
Hello everyone!

October 1 is our target for Game Update 2.4! This update is shaping up to be very big:
  • The Planet Oricon, a short story arc that will bring you face-to-face with the Dread Masters.
  • New Operation: Dread Fortress
  • New Operation: Dread Palace
  • New 4v4 Warzone Arenas
  • New Elder Game PvE and PvP Gear

This isn’t an exhaustive list, and we are also working on several longer term initiatives. As we get closer we’ll have a lot more juicy details on these and on what’s above. Keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information!
really? instead of more pve content which you guys seem to love adding, make a pvp patch with new maps for pvp.. i dont undertstand how you can have 20 million planets that are HUGE but yet its hard to make a pvp map every few months. 4v4 sounds cool i guess but what about rwz? no incentive still to do those
B R i T T o N
@ harbinger
The Squirtle Squad

LegoUniverseBC
07.16.2013 , 01:17 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
[*]New Operation: Dread Fortress
[*]New Operation: Dread Palace
Will you need to have 75s to run these new operations?

TUXs
07.16.2013 , 01:18 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
I have to agree with TUXs on this.
Can we get a clarification?

Are you guys mentioning 4x4 Arenas because that's the major new thing for PVP or because that will be the only thing for PVP (along with the gear) and there will not be any new normal WZs?
I'm afraid that if this is all there is, 4v4 will be the best they could hope for. What a freaking disappointment Bruce...seriously...do you guys pay ANY attention to your customers?! Who asked for 4v4???
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 free transfer/7-day sub/Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

akabane_k
07.16.2013 , 01:20 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by LegoUniverseBC View Post
Will you need to have 75s to run these new operations?
sm will probably drop 72's, and hm's are beatable in gear that drops from sm.

islander
07.16.2013 , 01:22 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
uh...so...4v4 "arenas" is all you have slated for PvP? Bruce....who's asking for SMALLER warzones?! We need/want MORE warzones, not smaller ones.
This.

Once again, the PvP community has been rooked, and left crumbs. 2.4 isn't "the great pvp patch". It's just another PvE centric patch with something resembling Arenas in them.

Nothing more.

Oh wait, new gear to regrind, instead of actually being able to gear an alt or two. Keep that hamster wheel going with lackidaisical PvP actual content.
Gìllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

astrobearx
07.16.2013 , 01:23 PM | #38
as many other players has mention....WHY IN JAWA HELL IS 2.4 IS A PVE PATCH ?

I like pve as much as the next guy, but you said bruce that 2.4 will be a MAJOR pvp patch. I think you got your "e" and "p" mixed up there.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Because Bioware won't let my have the Jewel of the Dark Side, which would amplify my powers and allow me to take control of the galaxy in my bid for a tyrannical dictatorship.
Poo-doo.

Aelaias
07.16.2013 , 01:24 PM | #39
Lol, so this is the big pvp patch?
Shadowlands
Letho - Vanguard
Óberyn-Guardian
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...7-5e5489ff3b47

cycao
07.16.2013 , 01:26 PM | #40
Bioware I really hope that there is more coming for the PvP players than just 4vs4 arenas. We have been waiting for some time for season one of ranked and a new map...oh and a properly working bolster system.

I was under the impression that 2.4 was going to mainly be a PvP update and it appears that it has as much PvE if not more than PvP.

New warzones, season one, working bolster are some of the things we have been asking for from over a year ago to as recent as well bolster hit 2.0 on the test server.

Don't get me wrong I am curious to see how arenas pan out but I was looking for a reason to resub and I don't think arenas alone will do it.