Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Summer of SWTOR Update

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nothematic
07.16.2013 , 01:02 PM | #21
So you said 2.4 would be a massive patch for PvPers. And you give us arenas. The rest of it being PvE content aside from the gear.

Well damn.
Enaico - 55 Sorcerer | Zaland - 32 Shadow |
Enairo - 41 Sentinel |
[TOMB OF FREEDOM NADD]

TheSeventhJedi
07.16.2013 , 01:02 PM | #22
This isn't possible.

I mean, it can't be, right?

I'm out of town for BOTH events?

I'll just go eat my lightsaber now, thanks.

Benadvanced
07.16.2013 , 01:04 PM | #23
Thanks for continuing to expand the game

Stubacca
07.16.2013 , 01:05 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Warshades View Post
I'm pretty sure they already said no to chat bubbles many times already.
Wrong. They have stated again and again that they'd like to do them and that they were coming (soon), although they have been silent on the topic since they last said they wanted to implement them, which was in January and March of this year. We'd just like to finally get a target date/patch. Many including myself have cancelled my subscription because we still lack chat bubbles or any target date. If they finally gave us a patch number they targeted chat bubbles for and it isn't too far off so we can have something to look forward for, I and many others might just hang in there and renew my subscription when it expires to further fund the development of chat bubbles.
Add Wookiees as playable species (solution to voice over problem: MT-D Miniaturized Translator Droid!
SUBSCRIPTION WON'T BE RENEWED due to the lasting lack of CHAT BUBBLES and how long-term subcribers are treated by EA/Bioware.

Gullesvupper
07.16.2013 , 01:05 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by LtGeneralGezlin View Post
Funny, some people seem to have not read this part. Oh, wait... People just want to whine and cry.
Like you reading this forum just to cry about the posts?
Bioware insulted Sorcs and Vanguards only because of bad questions

Regards,
Juggs, Marauders and Snipers.

cashogy_reborn
07.16.2013 , 01:06 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
Hello everyone!

October 1 is our target for Game Update 2.4! This update is shaping up to be very big:
  • The Planet Oricon, a short story arc that will bring you face-to-face with the Dread Masters.
  • New Operation: Dread Fortress
  • New Operation: Dread Palace
  • New 4v4 Warzone Arenas
  • New Elder Game PvE and PvP Gear

new story arc = PvE content
new operation = PvE content
new operation = PvE content
4v4 arenas = PvP content
new gear = PvP/PvE content.

so the update you (bioware) have been hyping for the last ~2 months as being the best thing since sliced bread for PvPers, is going to be mostly about adding PvE content? please tell me that this is the most broad outline of an update ever.....

and new gear? again? ffs......
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

TheNahash
07.16.2013 , 01:07 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
uh...so...4v4 "arenas" is all you have slated for PvP? Bruce....who's asking for SMALLER warzones?! We need/want MORE warzones, not smaller ones.
I have to agree with TUXs on this.
Can we get a clarification?

Are you guys mentioning 4x4 Arenas because that's the major new thing for PVP or because that will be the only thing for PVP (along with the gear) and there will not be any new normal WZs?
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

LtGeneralGezlin
07.16.2013 , 01:07 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Gullesvupper View Post
Like you reading this forum just to cry about the posts?
Huh, was I crying? I didn't see that. Just not surprised that people are getting angry about something when they didn't read the entire post.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
55 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 46 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 55 Marauder, 53 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

Pistols
07.16.2013 , 01:07 PM | #29
Any chance you can touch on anything Ranked related?

Or whether anything is being developed in this aspect without details (although be nice).

Tsillah
07.16.2013 , 01:10 PM | #30
Dear Eric,

I must confess, I am an altoholic. It started many years ago when I started playing Diablo 2 and got myself into Guild Wars 2 for 6 years with 19 characters.

So here I am in SWTOR. I really like the game, there are some flaws and I don't always feel like EA/BW get it right when it comes to customer appreciation and such, but I really do like this game...and I have 14 characters and a 15th slot ready to go.

Now, why do I bring this up here? Well, I do take certain level of pride in my alts. So at the moment I have 9 level 55s and am getting close to having all of them in at least 66 gear and fully augmented with purple 66 augments. Not quite there yet but just two characters left that aren't fully there yet. My main is 69/72 geared and really needs a little time still to be fully 72. I am not even looking at 75 yet because nice as it is, NiM is not an easy undertaking and it will likely be a while before I can get there.

So please, don't bring in a higher level of augments. It's taken so much work. time, credits, crafting to do it and I would cry. I might add that Oct 1 is my birthday...I prefer to celebrate it over crying.

Also please don't bring more than one new tier out. I am not a hardcore endgamer but I do like to be at least close to maximum gear.

And finally. I do appreciate that you are bringing out lots of content this year still, with the previous thoughts in mind that I hope you're not gonna turn it into a big rat race for gear at high speed. I really am happy there's lots more content coming and it makes me happy to see that there's quite a lot coming, but please do not forget horizontal progression. If it's just going to be more fp's and ops with higher level gear and new level caps then I think you are not doing this game justice.

I am patient (still here playing), but I have to admit that I loved reading this thread until it said new elder gear. It really does worry me. It was painstaking to get all those toons augmented. It was painful to upgrade as it was. If I have to do that again within a matter of months, I just....well, no, that would really suck...unless of course you'd make it a LOT less painful to augment characters. Surely, I can't be the only altoholic in this game?

PS: This post is a bit tongue-in-cheek, but I do essentially mean what I put forward here.
Et In Gehenna Vixi...