Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Summer of SWTOR Update

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Warshades
07.16.2013 , 12:56 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
Thank you for the update. I have one request, though. Would you please be so kind and shed some light which game update chat bubbles are currently targeted for? Many players that have been (im)patiently waiting for that feature to be added since launch or even earlier would appreciate it greatly. Thank you very much!
I'm pretty sure they already said no to chat bubbles many times already.
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”

chuixupu
07.16.2013 , 12:57 PM | #12
Aha, so we ARE getting actual smaller group arenas, interesting. I'm assuming these are just the same maps with less people, or are they new maps?

I'm happy to see 2 operations. I'm guessing they may have originally planned for one bigger one, but I like that we will have plenty of choices now to choose which operation we want to work on without feeling the pressure of having to finish a really long one in group finder if things don't go as planned.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

TUXs
07.16.2013 , 12:57 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

October 1 is our target for Game Update 2.4! This update is shaping up to be very big:
  • The Planet Oricon, a short story arc that will bring you face-to-face with the Dread Masters.
  • New Operation: Dread Fortress
  • New Operation: Dread Palace
  • New 4v4 Warzone Arenas
  • New Elder Game PvE and PvP Gear

uh...so...4v4 "arenas" is all you have slated for PvP? Bruce....who's asking for SMALLER warzones?! We need/want MORE warzones, not smaller ones.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Primarch_PWnD
07.16.2013 , 12:58 PM | #14
So the "big" PvP update is a singular 4x4 Warzone, and a new tier of gear to grind inn the same old other warzones?

No new Huttball course? Jeeze, the only original PvP content you have and we've only had 1 stinking course to play on in 2 years since launch.

No cleaning up the PvP system? Bolster is a complete mess, and in a smaller warzone it'll be even more glaring....Resolve is a disaster and should have been replaced within the first year of launch, and expertise is needlessly complicated and it's clear the devs don't really understand it's full ramifications when they change things.

I was teetering on unsubbing since the "2.1 - Cartel Cash Grab" debacle and the dye system absurdity, but this is it. I was hoping for something new in the PvP department, some kind of world zone, or something....you know, seeing as you mentioned the October patch as the "PvP update we're going to love" and have been waiting for over a year.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised since you called the last patch "all about guilds" because of a scaling 1% experience bonus......
Profiteers of War and Destruction

Prophecy of the Five

Izorii
07.16.2013 , 12:58 PM | #15
hmmmm 2.4 was flagged as a major PvP upgrade. I wonder what they are not telling us about the upgrade and if the changes will make PvP more new player friendly or will be for the experienced PvP players/guilds.

chuuuuucky
07.16.2013 , 12:58 PM | #16
Kudos to 2.4 sounds like the right direction with the small story arc.

Lesaberisa
07.16.2013 , 12:59 PM | #17
The previous posters articulated a question that came to mind -

(1) Are these 4v4 versions of existing warzones or new warzones specifically designed for 4v4? And, if the latter, will they be scaled?

Unrelated question/follow-up:

(2) As for the Dread Masters story arc; is there any additional companion dialogue included? If so, I'm guessing it'll be Makeb-style, not interactive or conversational?
Finest mediocre fanfic this side of the Outer Rim:Trooper / Inquisitor

ImperialSun
07.16.2013 , 12:59 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
uh...so...4v4 "arenas" is all you have slated for PvP? Bruce....who's asking for SMALLER warzones?! We need/want MORE warzones, not smaller ones.
Agreed...

My ratio is probably 70/30 in favour of PvE and even I would like to see some more more warzones...even some variations on the Huttball arena would be a start

Driz

LtGeneralGezlin
07.16.2013 , 01:01 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
This isn’t an exhaustive list, and we are also working on several longer term initiatives. As we get closer we’ll have a lot more juicy details on these and on what’s above. Keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information!
Funny, some people seem to have not read this part. Oh, wait... People just want to whine and cry.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
55 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 46 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 55 Marauder, 53 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

DarkDisturbed
07.16.2013 , 01:01 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Yeah, I am pretty disappointed if this is all PvP is getting, since they've hyped this up as a huge thing PvP players will absolutely love.