Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware: Thank you for fixing Ashara Zavros

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bioware: Thank you for fixing Ashara Zavros
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jenovan
07.16.2013 , 10:39 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
However, the Patch Notes have been updated now to correctly reflect that he, Ashara, and over a dozen other companions will now appear properly. The note is:
  • The following Companion Characters will now have their skin/fur appear consistent when not wearing armor:
    • Akaavi Spar
    • Aric Jorgan
    • Ashara Zavros
    • Gault
    • Guss Tuno
    • Kaliyo
    • Lord Scourge
    • Sergeant Rusk
    • Skadge
    • Tanno Vik
    • Vette
    • Xalek
    • Yuun
    • Zenith
Hi Amber,
What about Vector? It's puzzled me for a while that as a human(ish) companion, he has/had no skin. :x Is there hope for my BFF's wish for Vector in a Relaxed Jumpsuit?
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

AlienEyeTX
07.16.2013 , 10:46 AM | #22
Well, my Ashara is not in skimpy gear, but I'm happy for the fix. I'm also happy that her customization was fixed, so now she looks the way I wanted her to, again.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

OddballEasyEight
07.16.2013 , 10:52 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Starglitter View Post
Thank you!

The new graphics for her looks great!

Sue
Have you checked out Qyzen? He looks awesome without a top

Bleeters
07.16.2013 , 11:13 AM | #24
  • The following Companion Characters will now have their skin/fur appear consistent when not wearing armor:
    • Akaavi Spar
    • Aric Jorgan
    • Ashara Zavros
    • Gault
    • Guss Tuno
    • Kaliyo
    • Lord Scourge
    • Sergeant Rusk
    • Skadge
    • Tanno Vik
    • Vette
    • Xalek
    • Yuun
    • Zenith
Wait.

Hold up.

Stop right there.

• Yuun
Oh god it's true.

WHAT HAS SCIENCE WROUGHT?!

Tatile
07.16.2013 , 11:36 AM | #25
Hello folks,

We've been pretty quiet about this since Game Update 2.2.2 went live, and the reason is because I was tracking down exactly what we did and why the change for Ashara got missed!

Essentially, we got the note about Jorgan's fur, but the full extent of the change/fix was not properly captured. However, the Patch Notes have been updated now to correctly reflect that he, Ashara, and over a dozen other companions will now appear properly. The note is:
    • Akaavi Spar
    • Aric Jorgan
    • Ashara Zavros
    • Gault
    • Guss Tuno
    • Kaliyo
    • Lord Scourge
    • Sergeant Rusk
    • Skadge
    • Tanno Vik
    • Vette
    • Xalek
    • Yuun
    • Zenith

This update has been in the works for quite some time, and it was prompted by player feedback. At the time, it was mostly about Ashara, so it's not shocking that you guys noticed the change with her. (Why aren't you putting Vik into the skimpy stuff, eh?!)

Thanks very much for the original feedback and for pointing out the error in the patch notes!
What about Vector? He's human and doesn't have skin.

Bleeters
07.16.2013 , 11:57 AM | #26
Based on this development, I feel we need playable Gand characters.

I request this for reasons absolutely unrelated to wanting to wear covert energy pieces in every slot I can and horrify the entire server population with my rippling carapace.

Omisri
07.16.2013 , 12:36 PM | #27
Kaliyo's Fur is missing...
Kleck - Jugg Omisri - Maud Aeox - Assassin Meign - Sorc Idep - Stealthy Operative Jacke - Merc
SWTOR - No longer is it like the pain of a full bladder in your car on a long journey, relieved by a hidden service station. But the dissapointment you get when you find out you were not in a car - you were asleep, just wet yourself, and had to pay for new bedding.

kabeone
07.16.2013 , 12:42 PM | #28
Lord Scourge is unchanged. He still wears long underwear and relaxed and Mira's gear lady style. He can wear covert gear correctly.

I find this weird because he actually has a playable species body (like Vector).

Maybe he just likes to wear his relaxed gear sassy or perhaps his old fashioned sensibilities means he won't do the shirtless sleeves thing.

Jenovan
07.16.2013 , 12:53 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
Lord Scourge is unchanged. He still wears long underwear and relaxed and Mira's gear lady style. He can wear covert gear correctly.

I find this weird because he actually has a playable species body (like Vector).

Maybe he just likes to wear his relaxed gear sassy or perhaps his old fashioned sensibilities means he won't do the shirtless sleeves thing.
Hmm, thinking this over...

Covert gear seems to have the effect of making the gear in that slot invisible, as if no gear were worn.

Gear like the relaxed top actually seems to make a new torso for the character. (I think all armor does this, technically...) Try wearing a relaxed top on a female Chiss, or, i suspect, anyone with a darker skin color -- the exposed skin of the torso seems to be colored a little differently than when not wearing armor at all. I'm guessing something's awry in whatever determines how to fill in that "bare skin" for certain companions.

The fix that is described by Amber specifically calls out "when not wearing armor". :S
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

Ulrah
07.16.2013 , 01:13 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by PLynkes View Post
I won't consider her fixed until she stops bloody lecturing me.

If anyone has removed Vette's shock-collar and doesn't need it any more, can I borrow it for Ashara?
^ this

But thanks for the fix Bioware