Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please fix the Esseles / Black Talon ending crash already

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Please fix the Esseles / Black Talon ending crash already

DataBeaver
07.14.2013 , 04:38 PM | #1
So there I was on my level 55 Sith Inquisitor, working on reducing the size of my quest log. I thought I'd do the Black Talon flashpoint that had been sitting there forever. Besides getting it out of my quest log, I also wanted to see what it was like. I breeze through the flashpoint as can be expected. At the end I decide to go to Korriban and look for the HK-51 component. Just as the ship is jumping to hyperspace, boom! Crash! I've encountered the same in the Esseles flashpoint, but (1) it's been a while since I did that so I forgot about it and (2) I didn't know the exact point on Black Talon where I need to alt-tab to avoid the crash.

The crash naturally robbed me of the mission completion. I decided to just delete it since I had already seen the flashpoint. It also gave me a good scare, as when I logged back in, all I got was a bright pink blob on the character selection screen. I found the quit button and restarted the game. Same thing. I then managed to find the play button by the first character, but the blob persisted ingame. Fearing I might need to spend half a day reinstalling, I tried rebooting Windows. That fortunately fixed it and I was able to get back to playing.

Seriously, this bug has been around for what, a year now? It isn't even listed in the known issues. If you can't figure out how to make the hyperspace sequence not crash, just remove the damn thing. Altering the visuals has to be better than having your game look buggy and unstable. After all, no one is going to see the current visuals due to the crash.

Krewel
07.14.2013 , 05:27 PM | #2
It's been happening for so many months I don't remember when I didn't have the crash, tbh. I'm farming BT for the achievements, so that's especially annoying. The ultimate achievement is to run it 50 times ... meaning you're gonna crash 50 times lol
Former passionate SWTOR player, now passionately waiting for WoD.

Vegabond
07.15.2013 , 10:33 AM | #3
Just alt tab and minimize and deal with it, bug has been around since 1.4

Krewel
07.15.2013 , 12:51 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Vegabond View Post
Doesn't work
Former passionate SWTOR player, now passionately waiting for WoD.

Ottoattack
07.15.2013 , 03:08 PM | #5
Hmm, why shouldn't BW fix it?! Why do the user have run around the system instead of it being fixed?! It has known since 1.4, that is a year ago, why should not be fixed by now?!

ByteMee
07.15.2013 , 05:09 PM | #6
I canceled my subscription the other day because I was so disgusted with this bug. They seem to have a "free to play" mentality, so that's what they get from me in return. No support = No money.

wainot-keel
07.16.2013 , 08:39 AM | #7
Instead of having a CTD, I get to watch the SWTOR icon disappear from my windows' taskbar. Hardly an improvement.

Amantino
07.16.2013 , 09:09 AM | #8
I quit doing daily hm fp due to this. I used to do them 1-3 times pr day before they broke bt and tf. It was one of the things that almost made me quit the game. Eventually it led to me losing my officer status due to lack of motivation, which led me to leave my guild.

I'm not a developer, but not having fixed this yet, is pathetic. There has been countless threads about it, often with dev response telling the users to update various things, but we all know it's the game, not us. I cant remember exactly what patch it was, but i think it was in november. Something in my head is saying 1.6.2. Not too long before christmas atleast.

I've tried to get several of my friends to play this game. But the first thing they face is a ****** engine with crashes that has been around for over half a year. Why would anyone want to play that garbage?
Jennifér - Marauder
<Reckoning>

The Red Eclipse

Mackdi
07.16.2013 , 10:23 AM | #9
Wow you must all have terrible luck then cause I have never seen this crash your talking about....

Jeweledleah
07.16.2013 , 11:00 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Mackdi View Post
Wow you must all have terrible luck then cause I have never seen this crash your talking about....
I haven't crashed myself, but at least 50% of my black Talon/esseles pugs tend to end up with at least one person crushing on that particular section (some crash during conversation right before it). it happens consistently enough for me to think that its not luck :/

the only reason that I can think of why it hasn't been fixed yet is that they haven't figured out what's causing it exactly.