Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Vanguard/Powertech Rebalancing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Vanguard/Powertech Rebalancing?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
07.15.2013 , 06:40 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
Tank vanguard is a guardian tank without the utility or cooldowns
Tactics is viable about as viable as healing mando's, it lacks burst and its dot isn't even that effective
combat medic mandos are FAR more relevant than tactics vgs. the only real *problem* with mando heals is that the other two classes have a considerably higher ceiling/throughput. but a mando with proper peels and guards is going to remain effective in regs or rateds. tactics, however, is an utterly wasted dps spot for competitive rated. it's fun in regs and kick ball though.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

Aelaias's Avatar


Aelaias
07.15.2013 , 09:18 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
i think he means "escapes". the punt roots. electro net. only 1 grav to apply armor debuff = shoot, relocate, possibly fire an hib on the run, continue roto. nowhere near as mobile as a pt though. that's more laughable than calling PTs ranged.
No? I mean hydraulic overrides and 2 instant attacks with a longish but really good cooldown. Assault has it too now, but only for 6 seconds and the dps, she is not there. Or a rather offensive looking snare named electronet. The rockets are lolsome, though. At long *********** last, gunnery has mobility which is as good as that of assault now and better than pre 2.0 and being ranged you will pardon my not giving a **** that its attacks have cast times. The irony though is that dps mercs remain the one class with which I have the least issues on my vanguard.

PS. One more try. I define mobility as the ability to move unhindered to or from target and deliver dps in a reasonably uninterrupted manner.
Shadowlands
Letho - Vanguard
Óberyn-Guardian
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...7-5e5489ff3b47

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
07.15.2013 , 09:58 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelaias View Post
No? I mean hydraulic overrides and 2 instant attacks with a longish but really good cooldown. Assault has it too now, but only for 6 seconds and the dps, she is not there. Or a rather offensive looking snare named electronet. The rockets are lolsome, though. At long *********** last, gunnery has mobility which is as good as that of assault now and better than pre 2.0 and being ranged you will pardon my not giving a **** that its attacks have cast times. The irony though is that dps mercs remain the one class with which I have the least issues on my vanguard.

PS. One more try. I define mobility as the ability to move unhindered to or from target and deliver dps in a reasonably uninterrupted manner.
ok. you lost me. you're jumping around specs and classes?

commandos: assault is still more mobile than gunnery. but gunnery has the necessary burst and is quick enough, with its dcd toolbox, to get stuff off. not like a sniper but e-net is a worthwhile utility.

pt: always have been mobile. all instants.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

Ottoattack's Avatar


Ottoattack
07.15.2013 , 11:23 PM | #144
PT is and was always mobile. But what does mobility count for without damage and suriviability?

vermura's Avatar


vermura
07.16.2013 , 05:58 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Gullesvupper View Post
Haha, I saw a BW post and almost cried with joy.

Then I read it and was like this.
Rofl, the yellow part was only reason I even looked at this thread.
The Bastion Seraphic Nexus
My toons and their Valor Rank: Setx 100, Sety ~70, Arikall ~80, Arikal ~70, Arikill ~60, Arikrule ~70, Lolgasm ~60, Arikell ~70.
Dark Age of Camelot: Vermura - Midgaard Kay - Realm Rank 10 Healer

cycao's Avatar


cycao
07.16.2013 , 06:05 AM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelaias View Post
No? I mean hydraulic overrides and 2 instant attacks with a longish but really good cooldown. Assault has it too now, but only for 6 seconds and the dps, she is not there. Or a rather offensive looking snare named electronet. The rockets are lolsome, though. At long *********** last, gunnery has mobility which is as good as that of assault now and better than pre 2.0 and being ranged you will pardon my not giving a **** that its attacks have cast times. The irony though is that dps mercs remain the one class with which I have the least issues on my vanguard.

PS. One more try. I define mobility as the ability to move unhindered to or from target and deliver dps in a reasonably uninterrupted manner.
Man I don't think you really have a clue but I will go with it. HO is great but my arsenal mercs main rotation consists of more casted and channeled abilities than that of a PT. To argue against this seems lulz. Though with power surge yeah ok. But when you have a spec that revolves around a casted ability (well pyro relies also on power shot) I just cant take these posts cereal.

Jarfunkz's Avatar


Jarfunkz
07.16.2013 , 07:58 AM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by DerTaran View Post
Vanguard/Powertech was the Fotm class for about a Year, and now it is just fine (maybe they nerfed it a little too much). Overall I think balance is quite good and never was better.
No it wasn't. At no time was Vanguard/Powertech the best overall class. It was an easy class to play that you didn't have to be a good player to contribute. It was good in the fact it was the only class that was great against guard swaps since it double dotted (extra 25% damage overall) when someone has guard up on your target.
VicVega

Aelaias's Avatar


Aelaias
07.16.2013 , 08:47 AM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Man I don't think you really have a clue but I will go with it. HO is great but my arsenal mercs main rotation consists of more casted and channeled abilities than that of a PT. To argue against this seems lulz. Though with power surge yeah ok. But when you have a spec that revolves around a casted ability (well pyro relies also on power shot) I just cant take these posts cereal.
Your arsenal merc his cooldowns being up and you having a clue (hypothetically) is untouchable by a single melee while being free to zoom around and dps in self-defense. If no one is going for you, you dont really need mobility which with the eliminator set bonus is 20 seconds away.
Shadowlands
Letho - Vanguard
Óberyn-Guardian
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...7-5e5489ff3b47

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
07.16.2013 , 09:37 AM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelaias View Post
Your arsenal merc his cooldowns being up and you having a clue (hypothetically) is untouchable by a single melee while being free to zoom around and dps in self-defense. If no one is going for you, you dont really need mobility which with the eliminator set bonus is 20 seconds away.
hmm. I've been killed by a ton of mandos while on my melee troopers/bh, but never even remotely close to death in a 1v1.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

Capt_Beers's Avatar


Capt_Beers
07.16.2013 , 11:23 AM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelaias View Post
Your arsenal merc his cooldowns being up and you having a clue (hypothetically) is untouchable by a single melee while being free to zoom around and dps in self-defense. If no one is going for you, you dont really need mobility which with the eliminator set bonus is 20 seconds away.
Yeah if your CD's are up. If you net a melee 30m out he may as well /sit and await deaths sweet release. For you to stand a chance against them otherwise you need to have Power Surge/Tech Override up, have some handy LoS objects to hump and hopefully get some good crits.

Them being stupid also helps.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics