Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

KOTOR – 10 Years Later

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Truami
07.15.2013 , 07:39 PM | #71
I don't understand why people have an issue with the cartel coin codes. For starters, they don't have to give us anything. Subscribers already got 500 cartel coins. If you don't like hitting F5 constantly, don't do it.

Could they have done something better for the 10th aniversary? Yes but it was not necessary to do anything.
Monkey
Wanderer, Kolto Smuggler, Medic
Jung Ma
"What we do in life echoes in eternity."

Devrius
07.15.2013 , 07:42 PM | #72
Soooo, when is the celebration starting?

I mean the crappy title and CC's event people with jobs (read most subscribers) couldn't attend can't be *it* for a 10 year celebration of the game that pretty much made SWTOR possible.

Seriously, had they done nothing I would be less insulted, but they took the 5 extra minutes to spit in our faces, that's just, I can even put it into words...

HKtheindomitable
07.15.2013 , 08:01 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by *doesn't matter who says it* View Post
I don't understand why people have an issue with the cartel coin codes. For starters, they don't have to give us anything. Subscribers already got 500 cartel coins. If you don't like hitting F5 constantly, don't do it.

Could they have done something better for the 10th aniversary? Yes but it was not necessary to do anything.
Observation: That is a new low for that response.

Statement: I've seen responses like that before that were used pretty low brow. But this is just not right at all.

Defensive Statement: I've removed the user's name because it doesn't matter who it is. The response in itself is just wrong. Having not done something would have been better if this is all we get. This isn't a call out for BioWare to see, it's for the users who feel the same way.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Prophecy of the Five | Justicar | International Guild

Truami
07.15.2013 , 08:13 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by HKtheindomitable View Post
Observation: That is a new low for that response.

Statement: I've seen responses like that before that were used pretty low brow. But this is just not right at all.

Defensive Statement: I've removed the user's name because it doesn't matter who it is. The response in itself is just wrong. Having not done something would have been better if this is all we get. This isn't a call out for BioWare to see, it's for the users who feel the same way.
All of the responses are similar to a child crying on Christmas because he didn't get the toy he wanted. If individuals responded constructively, maybe Bioware can change in the future. Until then, their choices for rewards in game will be left up to the marketing team.

The exception came in the form of a drawing rather than the random giveaway. I agree this would have been a better option.

Little Jimmy over in GW 2 got this and Little Timmy in WoW got that.
Monkey
Jung Ma

HKtheindomitable
07.15.2013 , 08:31 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Truami View Post
All of the responses are similar to a child crying on Christmas because he didn't get the toy he wanted. If individuals responded constructively, maybe Bioware can change in the future. Until then, their choices for rewards in game will be left up to the marketing team.

Little Jimmy over in GW 2 got this and Little Timmy in WoW got that.
Observation: You've missed the point of their posts then.

Correction: There have been some suggestions. But most haven't given any because we want to be surprised. We don't want to tell them how to celebrate the 10 years of KotOR. But when BioWare presents a way that only a very, very, very select few can celebrate it and feel like they were a part of something, then that's going to generate more complaints than complements.

Revelation: I know it's tough for meatbags to do, but when you look past the fact that the posts are posts of displeasure, and actually read them and find out why they're not happy and why there's so much of it, you begin to have sympathy and feel empathy for them.

Admission: Normally I would agree with you. But this instance is different.

Suggestion: Slow down on your cruse through the forums to tell people why they're wrong to be upset, and read the threads. You might just find that folks are right, even if only a little.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Prophecy of the Five | Justicar | International Guild

Devrius
07.15.2013 , 08:40 PM | #76
Observation: You've missed the point of their posts then.

Correction: There have been some suggestions. But most haven't given any because we want to be surprised. We don't want to tell them how to celebrate the 10 years of KotOR. But when BioWare presents a way that only a very, very, very select few can celebrate it and feel like they were a part of something, then that's going to generate more complaints than complements.

Revelation: I know it's tough for meatbags to do, but when you look past the fact that the posts are posts of displeasure, and actually read them and find out why they're not happy and why there's so much of it, you begin to have sympathy and feel empathy for them.

Admission: Normally I would agree with you. But this instance is different.

Suggestion: Slow down on your cruse through the forums to tell people why they're wrong to be upset, and read the threads. You might just find that folks are right, even if only a little.
Pretty much this, I expected a "run Foundry/Prison on hard mode to find a few surprises" or "expect new missions in the Revanite series and a new chain of quests in Coruscant for one day only".

at the very least since they *did* say a couple of in-game items one extra thing other then the tittle so I wouldn't feel like they lied to me...

Truami
07.15.2013 , 08:44 PM | #77
I've been reading the posts and thinking about them most of the day. I too wanted more, an event in game or at least a mail on the history coming from KOTR or the future of Revan. I was a little disappointed.

While I feel sympathy, I also feel sympathy for the developers. I agree that the holiday rewards in this game are horrible but the way that the consumers respond is just as bad.

In the end, this is what we got. There is nothing that can change that.

Further, we have known that this is what we were getting for a week. A blog, a title, and cartel coin giveaways on their facebook page.

Quote: Originally Posted by Devrius View Post
at the very least since they *did* say a couple of in-game items one extra thing other then the tittle so I wouldn't feel like they lied to me...
Is there a reference for the additional items? I never saw anything about it. I did hear on the TorWars podcast that the staff (of torwars) expected an ingame event.
Monkey
Jung Ma

Devrius
07.15.2013 , 08:58 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Truami View Post
Is there a reference for the additional items? I never saw anything about it. I did hear on the TorWars podcast that the staff (of torwars) expected an ingame event.
"Celebrate KOTOR’s 10 Year Anniversary

We are happy to announce that on July 15th we will be celebrating the 10 year anniversary of Knights of the Old Republic™ from BioWare and LucasArts. To mark this celebration, we will be doing a couple of things both in-game, and out. Here are some of the things you can look forward to"

I read it, as many others did, as a couple of in-game things and a couple of things not in-game. I admit it was an assumption on my part though, so the lying part was exaggerated.

Truami
07.15.2013 , 09:07 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Devrius View Post
"Celebrate KOTOR’s 10 Year Anniversary

We are happy to announce that on July 15th we will be celebrating the 10 year anniversary of Knights of the Old Republic™ from BioWare and LucasArts. To mark this celebration, we will be doing a couple of things both in-game, and out. Here are some of the things you can look forward to"

I read it, as many others did, as a couple of in-game things and a couple of things not in-game. I admit it was an assumption on my part though, so the lying part was exaggerated.
That is marketing for you, the true source of all evil.

Money is a necessity to maintain balance of resources. Marketing is the way companies try to scam you to believe you need their product.
Monkey
Jung Ma

RalphYauger
07.15.2013 , 09:15 PM | #80
A new direction - multi-path story lines: Bioware really needs to change how they develop games. If you really want to develop a game which keep player interested, you need open-world multi-path options. SWTOR needs several more worlds, larger game play areas, switchable sides, open space combat (re-Prophecy or similar type games), troopers and smugglers on the Imp side, agents and bounty hunters on the pub side, consequences for light/dark actions, and no more "save the world/galaxy" by a lone jedi - should be by the action of many acting together to overcome impossible odds (can we say massive PVP?) on multiple fronts over many years!

Not an easy option - just need to re-think how its done. I don't care about titles, cartel market, reputation, achievements, more flashpoints or ops, or gearing up - I want to live life through this game - If I die, I go back and start over, if I accel in a particular area (pilot, trooper, jedi, ect..); I will succeed!!!!! ---- multi-path please!!!! The same answer should not always mean the same story line. If I play a Jedi knight 10 times, it should not end up the same redundent factory options/story............................!