Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mass Manipulation Generator - where do these drop?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Mass Manipulation Generator - where do these drop?

dinwitt
05.06.2013 , 04:23 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by sumuji View Post
Probably has a lot to do with the newness and the fact people are asking 1,000,000 credits or more for each mod. There's probably not a lot of people that can drop down 30-40mil credits to outfir their char in 30. If they did have that kind of money they'd most likely be running ops anyway and getting chances for free. Once again pointing to the fact Bioware likes to cuddle raiders.
People are asking for 1,000,000 credits because each mod needs an MMG, which themselves are super expensive because of how rare they are (seeker droid, one time TFB quest, 16 man SM/HM TFB and S&V, 8 man HM TFB and S&V).

The only positive thing someone might say about crafting right now is that no one is "stealing" schematics, because there's none that are worth propogating through the community.

Zombietroll
05.09.2013 , 08:06 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
What do you care what others want credits for ? No one has to give any kind of reason to you or anyone else for that matter.
And wrong forum to tell people "do dailies". Probably avoiding mind numbing horribly boring dailes are one of the top reasons to craft.

Anyway, I think your post lives up to your name. Kudos for that.
I really don't give 2 Siths what he wants or needs credits for. I'm pointing out that it is pointless to sit on fleet all day crafting and then come to the forums and complain that the top tier materials only drop for the players running content. Grinding credits for the sake of grinding credits isn't what the game is about, and the economy will never reflect that as a result.

My tone, though harsh, is a reply in kind for his attack on the raiding community. He explicitly stated that we are pampered by the Devs and are all somehow extremely rich in credits.

The amount of credits spent in wipes alone accounts for making rare materials a reward for end-game (elder game) content. It is also not like the entire raid group group is getting multiple Mass Manipulation Generators each. They are generally used as a resource for the entire guild or raid group for gearing up, or assigned to individuals by a /roll.
Cheezeburger - Jedi Covenant - 55 Operative Healer

Wanchope
05.09.2013 , 12:16 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by sumuji View Post
Getting tired of Bioware cuddling raiders when it comes to crafting..
Did you mean coddling? Cuddling is like snuggling or spooning.

Any anyways, they are not coddling raiders. They are just making it so you can't craft / buy your way to the best gear as easily as you could prior to 2.0. I know a number of players who had BIS gear before 2.0 that had never even run a hard mode Op. I don't personally care that they were able to do so... but Bioware did.

This is all part of making people need to spend more time gearing up. Its the same reason they put limits on the amount of Comms you can get in a week. I certainly understand folks may not like it, but it is what it is.

Jonrobbie
07.15.2013 , 06:53 PM | #24
Vendor in crafting section on fleet sells one mass manipulator generator for 350 elite commendations plus 20 exotic element equalizers
That really makes no logical sense to cost that much
For the price of 350 elite commendations you could buy at the most 3 elite gears from vendor.
Why would you pay that many comms just to craft 1?

wainot-keel
07.15.2013 , 08:45 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonrobbie View Post
Vendor in crafting section on fleet sells one mass manipulator generator for 350 elite commendations plus 20 exotic element equalizers
That really makes no logical sense to cost that much
For the price of 350 elite commendations you could buy at the most 3 elite gears from vendor.
Why would you pay that many comms just to craft 1?
Nevermind the basic comm gear.
1 MMG goes for around 400k - 450k. on GTN.
1 Isotope goes for a bit over 200k... 350 b.comms are 10 isotopes.
1 exotic is sold for over 30k.

Basically, if you the MMG from the vendor, is like paying 2.6 mil to get something that costs 400k-450k

KentaroFremen
08.19.2013 , 07:04 AM | #26
Has it occured to anyone that one does not NEED raid-level gear if you never ever set foot into an operation?
On the same note: has it occured to anyone that it requires SLIGHTLY more effort to beat a boss encounter in an operation that it does to craft an item?

Because seriously, what do you have to do? Sit in your spaceship and send your companions to gather your ressources, then click on the recipe you want, the end? Wow...and you expect the result of that to be the same as a more or less concentrated effort of 8 or 16 people?

This has nothing to do with "cuddling raiders". Crafting is noway near as risky or time consuming as raiding is and thus the rewards should not be as good as raid drops.
Would the crafting here be something like in Everquest (for example), where crafting is not an AFK-activity then yes...crafted items should be a viable alternative. But not like this.

psandak
08.19.2013 , 09:06 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by KentaroFremen View Post
Has it occured to anyone that one does not NEED raid-level gear if you never ever set foot into an operation?
On the same note: has it occured to anyone that it requires SLIGHTLY more effort to beat a boss encounter in an operation that it does to craft an item?

Because seriously, what do you have to do? Sit in your spaceship and send your companions to gather your ressources, then click on the recipe you want, the end? Wow...and you expect the result of that to be the same as a more or less concentrated effort of 8 or 16 people?

This has nothing to do with "cuddling raiders". Crafting is noway near as risky or time consuming as raiding is and thus the rewards should not be as good as raid drops.
Would the crafting here be something like in Everquest (for example), where crafting is not an AFK-activity then yes...crafted items should be a viable alternative. But not like this.
I agree with you completely that if one does not raid then raid level gear is not necessary and that raiding deserves better rewards than not raiding. But let's look at a scenario (one that I am sort of in at the moment):

Player wants to progress in operations, but joined the process late. How does one "catch up?" Even the most friendly guilds will only go so far as they do not want to stall their progression to backtrack and help their new comrade (especially since the HM and NiM ops share the same weekly lockouts). And individually, a player will have a very hard time catching up totally on his/her own as the Ultimate comm gear stat distribution is terrible.

Personally, I have gotten as far as I can go with HM FPs and SM Ops (the only thing I get to look forward to is the Arkanian set bonus). Now where do I go to get gear for the next level? As I just said, Ultimate comms gear stat distribution sucks, so even grinding out the comms to get grade 31/72 gear is not really viable. That means buying item mods from other players. Whether to use or RE (in the hopes of getting the schematic) does not matter); I NEED a source of item mods.

Ardrekore
10.27.2013 , 10:29 PM | #28
They should replace the MMG on 30 gear with several isotope-5. Especially now that basic coms can buy you grade 30 stuff. What I find amusing is that it's actually easier to get the isotope-5 than the Exotic Element Equalizer, for a solo player who isn't already decked out in raid gear (and thus, can easily do HM FP's), meaning, I'm actually better off crafting 31 gear. A week of doing dailies will net me easily 175 Basic coms and 500k, which can make me a grade 31. Why would I want to make a grade 30 by ignoring my basic coms and putting even more money into mats, if I already have to buy the MMG, since I can't get it on my own one way or the other? With MMG's as part of grade 30 crafted gear, they make it pointless to craft.

morfius
10.31.2013 , 11:05 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardrekore View Post
They should replace the MMG on 30 gear with several isotope-5. Especially now that basic coms can buy you grade 30 stuff. What I find amusing is that it's actually easier to get the isotope-5 than the Exotic Element Equalizer, for a solo player who isn't already decked out in raid gear (and thus, can easily do HM FP's), meaning, I'm actually better off crafting 31 gear. A week of doing dailies will net me easily 175 Basic coms and 500k, which can make me a grade 31. Why would I want to make a grade 30 by ignoring my basic coms and putting even more money into mats, if I already have to buy the MMG, since I can't get it on my own one way or the other? With MMG's as part of grade 30 crafted gear, they make it pointless to craft.
Even Isotope 5 is too much for something that come from every HM FP (Iso5 doesn't drop from HM FP).
69/30 now is entering gear obtainable with dailies and FPs, it has no reason to require any material from OPs at all.
I am almost geared 5 chars with greed drops from HM FP / SM OPS and have some recipes on top.
They just dusting in my lists...
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

abercromb
11.04.2013 , 06:31 AM | #30
As someone who has spent a fortune in the past on crafted items from the GTN to improve my characters. I can hand on heart tell you it is an utter waste of money. Crafting these items is a money sink for the people making them and the people buying them. Of course I am still pulling the mods and armourings etc from the items I win, sticking them in legacy armour posting them across to my crafters. Who pull them out again and reverse engineer in the hope I get lucky and learn the schematic. All the time I am taking chunks out of the money I earn. Not sure why I am doing it but I am.

Oricon like the last armour upgrade and the time before that has changed things. You can run a new 55 character with a small group through Oricon in less than 2 hours picking up a full armour set that is better than what you can get doing half the operations currently active in game. Then it is all about comms. Running hard modes flashpoints and operations etc, pretty much anything that give the two top level comms and buying upgrades. With the exception of the set bonuses you can have pretty much the best armour in game within a couple of months max. You also get loads of these Mass manipulater thingies from drops or completing the quests. My advise sell them, not that I am of course. But that goes back to my stupid reverse engineering thing.