Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

KOTOR 10 Years Later

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthVengeant
07.15.2013 , 02:06 PM | #41
Gotta say, this little "celebration" is pretty pathetic.

A) Having you camp on Facebook to get a code, which some other guy will just get because he is on his cell phone waiting to type it. "These packs will be on a first come, first served basis,". Would it have been a crime to just give one code for everyone to get 450 coins? No.
B) A wallpaper.
C) A in game title for one day only.
D) A blog write up from some guy about the game. Whoopdy do

Man, Bioware...you SURE KNOW HOW TO PARTY!

No in game event.
No armor set or SOMETHING worth while.

Just like the free 500 cartel coins, Bioware has zero imagination. Everything they do now days is lazy. Just like this. I can guarantee you that if this were in Guild Wars 2 they would have done something to really celebrate, without the monthly fee might I add. All Bioware seems to care about these days is Cartel market, making reskins of everything, and 90% of the time ugly designed armor.

Yes, what a celebration!!!

Nothematic
07.15.2013 , 02:13 PM | #42
Bored of F5ing Twitter, sorry.

Going to bed in two hours. Three opportunities for those in Europe to even have a chance of getting a code. Three.

Would have made more sense to just give everyone 450 coins, but whatever.
Enaico - 55 Sorcerer | Zaland - 32 Shadow |
Enairo - 41 Sentinel |
[TOMB OF FREEDOM NADD]

Truami
07.15.2013 , 02:14 PM | #43
Today would have been a great day to send an ingame mail to every character who has done Maelstrom Prison or the Foundry to inform us what really happened after Revan's Malak quote. It wouldn't even matter if the content was 1-2 years away.

In that mail could have been a Revan's Heir title, Ebon Hawk toy, Bastilla/Malak holostatue, Mini HK-47 pet, T3 pet....just to name a few ideas.

Cartel Market could have had Revan's current robe for one week....
Monkey
Wanderer, Kolto Smuggler, Medic
Jung Ma
"What we do in life echoes in eternity."

chuuuuucky
07.15.2013 , 02:20 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
Gotta say, this little "celebration" is pretty pathetic.

A) Having you camp on Facebook to get a code, which some other guy will just get because he is on his cell phone waiting to type it. "These packs will be on a first come, first served basis,". Would it have been a crime to just give one code for everyone to get 450 coins? No.
B) A wallpaper.
C) A in game title for one day only.
D) A blog write up from some guy about the game. Whoopdy do

Man, Bioware...you SURE KNOW HOW TO PARTY!

No in game event.
No armor set or SOMETHING worth while.

Just like the free 500 cartel coins, Bioware has zero imagination. Everything they do now days is lazy. Just like this. I can guarantee you that if this were in Guild Wars 2 they would have done something to really celebrate, without the monthly fee might I add. All Bioware seems to care about these days is Cartel market, making reskins of everything, and 90% of the time ugly designed armor.

Yes, what a celebration!!!
Look at the current GW2 event it is so awesome what they do FOR FREE. Heck how are they able to go on with their business? No subscription, a shop that has not half the items and no nickle and diming with celebration items.
Why does this game not use their strength in storytelling to celebrate such an important day. What about a questline where you learn more about the connections between kotor and swtor?

Mevan
07.15.2013 , 02:25 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Truami View Post
Today would have been a great day to send an ingame mail to every character who has done Maelstrom Prison or the Foundry to inform us what really happened after Revan's Malak quote. It wouldn't even matter if the content was 1-2 years away.

In that mail could have been a Revan's Heir title, Ebon Hawk toy, Bastilla/Malak holostatue, Mini HK-47 pet, T3 pet....just to name a few ideas.

Cartel Market could have had Revan's current robe for one week....
I fear we're never going to get an answer regarding Revan's fate.

Swifz
07.15.2013 , 02:25 PM | #46
Well this sure smells like EA... Got to say if you want to celebrate one of the best games you sure went all out to make it happen. (sarcasm) you got a stupid Facebook give away just proving your bigger idiots then ever. A stupid wallpaper that would've been allot better from a fan and time wasted writing on a blog... Oh and the 10 cc title that will probably pay for your 10th anniversary party...

Ten years and it probably took you guys 10 minutes to come up with that crap. Ive seen gaming companies have more pride and there games and there fan base.

All and all thank you. Tomorrow you can continue to be a mediocre company and offer us no content.
As new "Exciting" Content is inexistent.

I find myself taking longer breaks from this game every time.

Namlessone
07.15.2013 , 02:28 PM | #47
With all due respect and love to SWTOR (and KOTORs ofc) - WORST CELEBRATION IN GAME INDUSTRY EVER!
Are you serious? Demand to players, people who trust in you, buy your services - jump like carzy monkeys between Twit and FB? Thats all? I'm adsolutely sure that we can live without another Gree event, but 10-th Anniversary of Knights of the Old Republic can count on much better thigs. Epic fail!
Damion Schubert:"We don't have friendly fire in The Old Republic for a simple reason: a lot of players are, well... idiots. I don't mean you, of course, dear reader, I mean those OTHER players. You know who I'm talking about. "

ShyNyny
07.15.2013 , 03:14 PM | #48
Can we please get the title set up in Collections?
As of now, the Archon title is bugged and linking to this title, which I hope means they INTEND to add this new title to the collections page for unlocking for account.
I don't want to purchase it on every character I have, but I also don't want to forego purchasing it for all my characters if a global unlock isn't going to be implemented in the future.
With such a short time-frame on the purchase, it's imperative we know asap, in my opinion.

Edit: Yes, I know it's supposed to be account-bound via collections, but it's currently not.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...93#post6511693

Mevan
07.15.2013 , 03:31 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by ShyNyny View Post
Can we please get the title set up in Collections?
As of now, the Archon title is bugged and linking to this title, which I hope means they INTEND to add this new title to the collections page for unlocking for account.
I don't want to purchase it on every character I have, but I also don't want to forego purchasing it for all my characters if a global unlock isn't going to be implemented in the future.
With such a short time-frame on the purchase, it's imperative we know asap, in my opinion.

Edit: Yes, I know it's supposed to be account-bound via collections, but it's currently not.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...93#post6511693
It's working as intended on my end. I've just unlocked it for all my toons via collections. Total cost = 15CC, no issues at all.

Truami
07.15.2013 , 03:38 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Mevan View Post
I fear we're never going to get an answer regarding Revan's fate.
I believe it will happen, I just hope it isn't in the cart that is labeled, "Use when subscriptions drop below 250,000"
Monkey
Wanderer, Kolto Smuggler, Medic
Jung Ma
"What we do in life echoes in eternity."