Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

KOTOR – 10 Years Later

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sydth
07.15.2013 , 01:14 PM | #31
[QUOTE=raptorQ;6550367]•Epic storytelling in The Old Republic era
** As much as I love SWTOR, I can't describe the storytelling as epic..
I've had some epic moments. Epic or not I enjoy the stories very much

•Cinematic storytelling
** Yup, safe to say.

•The internal struggle between good and evil
** A little I suppose, but nothing you choose make a difference in outcomes so meh..
after playing several classes multiple times I've seen some outcomes go differently. The stories behind the Flashpoints and some of the Warzones I thought i thought reflected this

•Becoming a Jedi
** More than that. Choosing your own path. SWTOR seems to lack that and it would be cool if a Sith could align with the Republic or....
I"m not sure exactly what you're suggesting here. I thought the storytelling for becoming a Jedi or a Sith were good.

•Owning your own Millennium Falcon inspired starship
** Something seems lacking here.
Are you referring to kTOR or SwTOR? Smugger = awesome Millennium Falcom inspired starship. I only wish I could unlock that ship for all my characters.

•Traveling to many different worlds
** Sure.
come on don't be a downer. It's a definite yes

•Adventuring with companion characters that you cared about.
** I really have no feelings towards any of the companions. Needs work. I totally love love love Qyzen, Yuun, Xalek, Scorpio and Scourge
Aku'salaVyadh'iPårüshå
Harbinger

“You seem about as trustworthy as a used-speeder salesman"
"Really? Most people find me harmless and kind of charming. Never mind."

chuuuuucky
07.15.2013 , 01:15 PM | #32
Well, day is nearly over in old europe so we won't have that much from the facebook action as we have to go to bed soon to earn the cash you want us to throw at you.
Questline with deeper look on revan would have been a great thing with or without reward at the end. Whole guild and all friends refuse to take part in the f5 page refreshing battle.

dark-jehts
07.15.2013 , 01:18 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Go Digital with Steam. It is their Summer Sale this month.

Just be careful. The deals will drain your wallet. Go in to buy KoTOR, come out with Torchlight II, Saints Row IV, Surgeon Simulator 2013, Borderlands and The Walking Dead, all for 22 dollars.

EDIT: You better get your butt over there now, KoTOR is 66% off! $3.39!
*vette's voice* Okay i'll buy kotor 1/2 , promise !
LS Bounty hunter and always willing to help a brother !

K'oyacyi vod ! Pirunir sur'haaise !
The Mando'ad legacy , TOFN

sandisrd
07.15.2013 , 01:28 PM | #34
I've love the Star wars, I've love the SWKOTOR, and I've love the SWTOR, thank you for everything, both games are incredible!...
Collector's edition owner
''I do not believe in the false stories of the evils of the Sith Empire, they're nothing compared to the oppression and stagnation that the Republic represents at it's core!''

HKtheindomitable
07.15.2013 , 01:31 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by sandisrd View Post
I've love the Star wars, I've love the SWKOTOR, and I've love the SWTOR, thank you for everything, both games are incredible!...
Agreement: Yup. They have been the best games I've played. Although I've enjoyed all the Star Wars games I've got equally. But KotOR1 got me hooked on the Old Republic Era. Thank you BioWare for such a great game.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Pot5/Ebon Hawk | Justicar | International Guild

lornalove
07.15.2013 , 01:54 PM | #37
KotOR is my favorite game of all time, so I wish even more was planned, but it's nice to have a special day for it anyway. I'm interested in seeing the trivia q's

Ravager
07.15.2013 , 01:54 PM | #38
I like James Ohlen. Need more interviews with him these days, IMO. Thanks for the article!
Sexy Panther Fighting Corps!(Spfc!) Selkath.com Forums
The most awesome clubs on Earth. We have a mascot. We are working on the laundromat.
Buskar- The Casual Mandalorian Swinging And Hanging Around Guild

Mezoso
07.15.2013 , 01:59 PM | #39
Thank you for making Knights of the Old Republic. Had a whole lot of fun playing through it multiple times (Light and Dark side, male or female toon, different starting class & Jedi class). I first got hooked on the Old Republic era from the Dark Horse comic series "Tales of the Jedi", and then being able to explore that era with KoTOR, KoTOR II and SWTOR games. Again a big THANK YOU Bioware (yes, I know Obsidian made KoTOR II, Sheldon)

It would of been nice if the celebration for KoTOR's 10 year party to be an in game event (ie. special mission).

Just a couple questions:
Why do a Cartel Coin giveaway where you have to Facebook account?
Why not a Cartel Coin giveaway through SWTOR.com? (since you Need a SWTOR.com account to play the game)

Ayelinna
07.15.2013 , 02:03 PM | #40
Quote:
The parts of KotOR we felt were most important to get integrate included:

Epic storytelling in The Old Republic era
Cinematic storytelling
The internal struggle between good and evil
Becoming a Jedi
Owning your own Millennium Falcon inspired starship
Traveling to many different worlds
Adventuring with companion characters that you cared about.

Epic story telling in this game? Nope
Cinematic? Yes
Struggle between good and evil? Makes no difference on your character end game
Becoming a jedi? Not if youre a smuggler
Cared about companions? Nope