Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

KOTOR 10 Years Later

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
07.15.2013 , 11:05 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Game Director, James Ohlen, talks about how Knights of the Old Republic influenced the creation of SWTOR.

Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

TheSeventhJedi
07.15.2013 , 11:16 AM | #2
Quote:
Ten years from its release, I think people will look back on the scope and quality of storytelling in SWTOR and realize its impact on popular culture.
Ahahahahahahahahahaha! Oh man, good one.
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

MidichIorian
07.15.2013 , 11:16 AM | #3
The link in the article is a trap.

TheSeventhJedi
07.15.2013 , 11:18 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
The link in the article is a trap.
But that's not all!

Click on the link.

Dress your Facebook page up with this special wallpaper!

Thank you, BioWare. Thank you, on this, the anniversary of my favorite game of all time, for giving me a wallpaper which will generate advertising for you.
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

YoshiRaphElan
07.15.2013 , 11:23 AM | #5
Ah, KOTOR. One of the greatest games of all time. Thanks for at least acknowledging it in this small way.

discbox
07.15.2013 , 11:26 AM | #6
Celebrate! Awesome. Title - checked. Facebook coins - checked. Blog - checked. Now go on with daily grind?

Took some time to celebrate
Celebrate
Ooh yeah!

A real BioWare! Lazyer than a dead Ewok.

Costello
07.15.2013 , 11:29 AM | #7
For such an important game bring Story and companions you care about what was the choice behind a title and CC give away on facebook.

Would have thought as crazy as this is but wouldn't a story based event have been more in keeping with both what KOTOR brought to TOR and what sets TOR apart from other MMO's. Rather than a title you have to purchase from the Cartel market.

Pistols
07.15.2013 , 11:41 AM | #8
The internal struggle between good and evil

^ This is the only aspect I disagree with, as this game doesn't have any feel of galactic conflict.

Never has.

discbox
07.15.2013 , 11:48 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
The internal struggle between good and evil

^ This is the only aspect I disagree with, as this game doesn't have any feel of galactic conflict.

Never has.
True. Your character does it's tasks while you have the feeling that the important galactic conflict happens elsewhere.

Edre
07.15.2013 , 11:53 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
For such an important game bring Story and companions you care about what was the choice behind a title and CC give away on facebook.

Would have thought as crazy as this is but wouldn't a story based event have been more in keeping with both what KOTOR brought to TOR and what sets TOR apart from other MMO's. Rather than a title you have to purchase from the Cartel market.
I am deeply sad there is not an in-game event. It would have been such a fun way to weave the history into SWTOR a bit more deeply. There are already quests here and there that do that (Imperial, Nar Shaddaa, for instance) as well as Flashpoints. It would have been so awesome if the Imperial Reclamation Service on one side and perhaps the Republic Intelligence folks for the Pub side had gone treasure hunting in both factions to uncover an old Star Map or some such. Darn. That would have been fun. Now, on the bright side, glad that there is ANY acknowledgement... that part makes me happy. But could have been so much more, for the game that really was the genesis of this one.