Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sniper Roll "immunity" \ Marauder undying rage || DreadGuard NM.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Sniper Roll "immunity" \ Marauder undying rage || DreadGuard NM.

TrillOG-
07.14.2013 , 10:22 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
Fyi, undying rage does not provide immunity. It provides 99% damage reduction, if you are doomed, 1% of dooms damage will still kill you. As for camaflogue, as far as I know it cuts all incoming damage by 50% for the entire duration. I am not sure why it would not cut lightning damage by 50%. Are you sure that it doesn't?
In my experience force camo does make a huge difference.

hobbesmaster
07.15.2013 , 08:19 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by mastirkal View Post
1. Skilled player to abuse CDs and know the class. 2. A good Merc or Operative healer who knows the fight and the spikiness of tanks.
Sins have no cooldowns that defend against nontech/force without aid of the RNG. NM (and HM operations chief) as a sin is literally "roll 1d6, if you get a 1, you die even at full health".

mastirkal
07.15.2013 , 08:35 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by hobbesmaster View Post
Sins have no cooldowns that defend against nontech/force without aid of the RNG. NM (and HM operations chief) as a sin is literally "roll 1d6, if you get a 1, you die even at full health".
Overcharge saber... It increases DR by 25% aka 60.53% total DR for 15 seconds in full underworld. Put that with a exotech absorb adrenal and you have 15 seconds of 70% DR! So what exactly are you talking about when you say sin don't have any cooldowns against nontech/force without the aid of the RNG? I'm pretty sure DR is static.

Also the math has been done on Operator cheif, he doesn't one shot you in HM, he can kill a nonshielded sin who is below ~75-80% in one hit for 16 man HM. NiM will need a cooldown, but this is true for all tanking classes now.

AAAAzrael
07.15.2013 , 08:39 AM | #14
On Friday in HM Thrasher hit me for over 30k as well. I got instant kill from Operations Chief too. Althogether I died 10 times through 2,5h very good run through S&V HM. 1-2 deaths may have been avoided with more optimal group composition (we had two sage healers, and one of them was extremely good player but on slightly undergeared character), but a few were hard to avoid in any way

We have a cooldown that helps though - Battle Readiness. But it's just one ability on long cooldown. I hope it get slightly better when I have more gear, I now have everything you can have from TFB HM except second UW relic and some stuff from S&V.

mastirkal
07.15.2013 , 08:41 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AAAAzrael View Post
On Friday in HM Thrasher hit me for over 30k as well. I got instant kill from Operations Chief too. Althogether I died 10 times through 2,5h very good run through S&V HM. 1-2 deaths may have been avoided with more optimal group composition (we had two sage healers, and one of them was extremely good player but on slightly undergeared character), but a few were hard to avoid in any way

We have a cooldown that helps though - Battle Readiness. But it's just one ability on long cooldown. I hope it get slightly better when I have more gear, I now have everything you can have from TFB HM except second UW relic and some stuff from S&V.
Don't go on thrasher as a sin/shadow tank. You should be going up on the adds, while those guys hurt, they aren't "as" bursty and you'd do better anyway.

While it sucks that you can't tank trasher very well as a sin tank, that's the hands we were dealt. So don't put yourself in a position where you'll most likely die. You have two tanks for a reason so abuse the system a bit.

Leafy_Bug
07.15.2013 , 08:57 AM | #16
So if you have two shadow tanks then none of them go on thrasher? In any case, I have tanked thrasher with my shadow in hard mode and yes, even if I play my shadow perfectly, bad RNG may kill me. There was also a mention here about battle readiness which, in the current state of PVE, is an ability on a very long cooldown.

Would be nice if more stop by the shadow tank forums and read that spikes happen more often than cooldown availability for a shadow. While Suckafish is taking an Assassin tank please look at their healers and group when they play. Everything is tuned to help furyi and then some. When furyi gets one shot as a tank you can't say assassins/shadows are fine. Sorry to say but the game is broken at the moment and does not cater for the majority. I want to know how many guilds have healers like suckafish and how many don't?

A guardian can take TWO THE END from sunder without dying. A vanguard can take two as well without dying, a shadow will take one thru resilience and if his battlereadiness is on cd, because he used it from the massive butchering it is goodnight my someone, goodnight. Heck, even through battlereadiness I got killed a few times because I was the only tank alive. Of course you can argue about tank swapping mechanics but the truth remains : other tanks provide a better chance of success. This is HODOR as the balancing needs to be better. How you doing Jesse? All good?

mastirkal
07.15.2013 , 09:14 AM | #17
Not going to lie, two shadow tanks are not a smart move to make.

Sin tanks need a buff yes, but the fact everyone q-q about how they are unplayable is complete garbage. They are difficult to use and need a buff to make them more accessible, but don't think for a moment that they are terrible.

insaneric
07.15.2013 , 09:44 AM | #18
Assassins tanks are fine except for "Terminate" by "Operations Chief" which is a badly designed move rather than making assassins a badly designed tank.
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
SuckaFish's 8man progression tank is a Sin.. If he can have it his way he'd probably bring 2 Sin tanks.
I think I said this during nim dg progression in terms of pushing a bit more raid dps, but I think 1 Sin and 1 Jugg are best atm. I'd still rather run 2 assassins than 0 assassins.
Darkness Tank Assassin Madness DPS
The Fuyri Legacy

hobbesmaster
07.15.2013 , 09:45 AM | #19
Well yeah they're fine except for the highest end encounters in the game. Which is what this thread is about.

insaneric
07.15.2013 , 09:50 AM | #20
Well yeah they're fine except for the highest end encounters in the game. Which is what this thread is about.
No they're fine for Nightmare content. The first 2 guilds to clear NiM S&V 8man both use sin tanks.
Darkness Tank Assassin Madness DPS
The Fuyri Legacy