Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Representatives Are Here!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class Representatives Are Here!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AlrikFassbauer
07.13.2013 , 06:15 AM | #151
I see this simply as a kind of funnel. Nothing else.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

caronome
07.13.2013 , 08:25 AM | #152
I think there is real value, especially on most of the internet, in curation. Thread length is a sign of the heat, the controversy and the personality of some of the participants. It is frequently unrelated to how important it is.

This will not be The Answer. But it is a positive attitude and could easily help some.

Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
They're paid to deal with people like you.

The Class Representitives are a great idea, and will help improve the feedback that classes need. What the Community Managers are paid to do is not your concern at all.
+1

I lol-ed. Although before the end it was a sad and wistful laugh.

Anosa
07.14.2013 , 10:55 AM | #153
yay! im glad to see this.
Meow

Fireswraith
07.14.2013 , 11:31 AM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
Popularity contest. I've played with, and in PvP against, some of the most nominated names and I don't feel like they should speak for anyone because in-game'wise they're not on a level to do so. Their votes are merely based on some theorycrafting threads they posted. That's math and not actually playing the game.

And really, what the point of voting for a more or less strict PvE'er when 9 out of 10 problems revolve around PvP?

How about you, BW, actually scout the forums instead and adress the things that pop up 50 times per day instead of outsourcing it to a person who most likely only will represent a niche.
More or less this. All I'm seeing is a popularity contest with people nominating number crunchers or video makers. Then when this person gets elected they'll appear to be more important than the rest of us, favoritism. Favoritism should be nothing new here, afterall specially selected guilds were copied to the test server (favoritism), some select people were undoubtedly granted access to the closed test server (favoritism).

If the only thing these AC Reps are doing is going forum searching and seeing what people are saying/asking and then making a post with 3 questions to the Dev team, this is kind of pointless. I don't see this ending up as a good idea.

AlrikFassbauer
07.15.2013 , 03:03 AM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by Fireswraith View Post
More or less this. All I'm seeing is a popularity contest with people nominating number crunchers or video makers.
So, Nerds voting for Nerds ?

[Cynism]What about the other players, the non-Nerds ? Do they even still exist nowadays ?[/Cynism]
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Pistols
07.15.2013 , 10:20 AM | #156
I find it amusing so many people are fretting over this.

In the end, it really doesn't matter WHO gets selected to represent their class, as it will be that persons responsibility to "correctly" gather the information generated by ALL others in regards to that class. Eric even listed some parameters to help safeguard against one playstyle over another (or favoritism). Whether it's a troll, someone asking their guildies/friends to spam /nominate_XYZ, a new player who just started or whatever...does NOT matter. What will matter, is ALL the voices recommending what needs to be addressed to the Dev team. In a sense, those NOT nomiated will have more of a voice than the one gathering the data/feedback.

C'mon people, this is not hard, nor some elaborate scheme for players to abuse anything. If someone tries to propose their own agenda, I'm sure Eric and company will ensure quality adjustments and make it right.

Relax.

EricMusco
07.15.2013 , 04:05 PM | #157 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
I wanted to pop in and give an update. This afternoon I went through each individual AC's nominations thread and gathered the nominees. We tended to try to aim for people who had multiple votes.

Each of those nominees should have a PM waiting from me in their inbox (so if you think you are on, check our PMs!). Between now and next week, once the nominees have gotten back to me on whether they are interested or not we will prepare and post polls for each AC with their nominees.

On a personal note it has been awesome to see the individual classes come together in support of each other! I look forward to seeing the Community Reps play out their parts.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Pistols
07.15.2013 , 05:23 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I wanted to pop in and give an update. This afternoon I went through each individual AC's nominations thread and gathered the nominees. We tended to try to aim for people who had multiple votes.

Each of those nominees should have a PM waiting from me in their inbox (so if you think you are on, check our PMs!). Between now and next week, once the nominees have gotten back to me on whether they are interested or not we will prepare and post polls for each AC with their nominees.

On a personal note it has been awesome to see the individual classes come together in support of each other! I look forward to seeing the Community Reps play out their parts.

-eric
Thanks for the heads-up Eric.

MandFlurry
07.15.2013 , 09:15 PM | #159
All I can say is................... I'm sure as hell wouldn't take any of these jobs even for a Bank of money.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator

Luckeyduckey
07.16.2013 , 09:14 PM | #160
Thanks for the PM for Class Rep for Marauder, Jugg, Sorc, and Vanguard. I think I like my Jugg the most, and don't really care for the rest.