Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Parser Options - Help

Hikaru
07.13.2013 , 02:58 PM | #11
Quote:
James DavidsonJuly 10, 2013 at 12:48 PM

It means TORParse will cease to exist, no website and no ingame client, unless I find a developer or group of developers I'm comfortable with passing the project on to (don't get your hopes up).
Maybe due to my RL profession i read too much into "the fine print".
The easiest way for the project to stay alive would be to make it open source
If he really wants an individual or group he should post what he is looking for rather than leaving it open ended like that and any restrictions that comes with it(assurances that the new person won't make it open source etc etc etc).

Don't get me wrong i love tor parse and I am very thankful for it, I think James is a great guy for all the effort he put in it for as long as he did, i am just saying he is doing things the hard way in order for the project to continue.
The Shadowlands The Kamikaze Legacy

Sameria
07.14.2013 , 11:13 AM | #12
I believe TorParse will live on. There apparently has been lots of interest in taking it over.

ACT is a very nice parser. The sole issue with ACT and SWTOR is how the combat logs are written, since everyone has their own combat log, unlike in EQ2 (what ACT was originally written for), it makes live group parsing difficult. It's a great solo parsing program and with triggers and alerts, it is superior, imo.
Karisa - Carnek - Karise - Ethria - Elisy - Kodo - Sameria
R E I G N

Sith Empire - PvE ♦ PvP ♦ RP-lite
Official Guild Website