Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is the best class?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
What is the best class?

tynt
05.10.2012 , 06:49 PM | #11
All are very good imo and I have everything but a PT and mara 40+.

With that being said I'd say that each of them has their unique playstyle ... the one that best matches your playstyle will be the one you will have the most fun with...

Also class balance is pretty damn close and if you have ever played any mmo you will know that what the community considers the best class right now might possiblly become the worst class tomorrow. Pick a playstyle and stick with it ...

As for me my fav is the sniper =)

mmokin
11.11.2012 , 09:40 AM | #12
I don't think its a mercenary cous firstly the armour is sucky and you usually let your companion take care of the easy baddys besides you slow down in combat

Macroecon
11.12.2012 , 06:55 PM | #13
Which is the best class depends on personal preference. Which is the worst class is not under dispute. Merc/Commando is clearly the worst class in the game. 80+% of veteran players will state as much.

Steventrujillo
07.11.2013 , 12:42 AM | #14

mistformsquirrel
07.11.2013 , 11:05 AM | #15
From my perspective each class has positives and negatives. My favorite class in terms of story and theme is Trooper, but I dislike the way it actually was put together in terms of powers and abilities. Jedi Guardian is also a lot of fun, but has some other irritating design decisions (some of your most important abilities involve glowing in ridiculous fashion) as well as some fugly end game gear (and most of the cartel market gear isn't pretty for it either.)

Imperial Agent I love mechanically, but the story ties my stomach in knots and I never feel 'right' playing one. Sith Marauder and Jedi Sentinel are both boatloads of fun at least at the lower levels, but like the Guardian have some fugly gear choices and now the weird DBZ flaming effect when they've built up enough stacks of their inherent buff.

I haven't played the others far enough to judge; but from my experience every class has things I love about them and things that drive me nuts about them, and so it's impossible for me to say "This class is best for me."

Tanglethorn
07.11.2013 , 02:52 PM | #16
I just got back into the game a few weeks ago and I went with the Juggernaut. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoy the play style, gear and story line. Not one regret so far. (my only gripe is that the companions are a little meh compared to the other classes)

Gelgaroth
07.13.2013 , 04:22 AM | #17
My best class is shadow. I love tanking as one, and I love being able to solo a lot. And Tharan Cedrax is a double win, because, since he uses Holiday as an aoe sleep effect at lvl 35+, and she's onvolved in some conversations, it's like having two companions in one. However, as far as soloing, I've been able to solo a lot more with powertech, just because of the higher damage reduction.

Synzer
07.15.2013 , 08:48 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by GragorArtis View Post
I have all classes. Im just putting this up for people to voice their beliefs. I believe the best class is the inquisitor for they can heal,dps, and off tank the best. The best tank class is Juggernaut. The best healing class tho is Sorceror for they can battle rez. The best dps class for soloing stuff i believe is the Mercenary for they can just shoot and run with little channeling. Feel free to argue with me.
This guys is clueless. The bounty hunter class can dps, tank or heal as well, but not in the same AC, none of them can. You have to choose either heal/dps or tank/dps. Plus any AC that can heal has a battle res. My thoughts are that he only has a sorc, and maybe looked at a jugg and merc without any knowledge of them or any other class.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Ottoattack
07.15.2013 , 11:45 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by GragorArtis View Post
I have all classes. Im just putting this up for people to voice their beliefs. I believe the best class is the inquisitor for they can heal,dps, and off tank the best. The best tank class is Juggernaut. The best healing class tho is Sorceror for they can battle rez. The best dps class for soloing stuff i believe is the Mercenary for they can just shoot and run with little channeling. Feel free to argue with me.
There is much more context PvP, PvE and/or solo? Different classes excel in different areas.

Dominoris
07.15.2013 , 12:25 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Steventrujillo View Post
Well done. You have sucessfully necroed a year old post with nothing more than in icon.
Clones are people two.