Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Representatives Are Here!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class Representatives Are Here!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ArissArgile
07.12.2013 , 03:23 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As for us as a team passing information on to the dev team to get answers, this is absolutely something we do. I work constantly to try to get answers to questions you guys have here on the forums. However, sometimes I am just unable to provide an answer which is why it may appear we are remaining quiet. The other issue, is that sometimes even when we provide answers, you guys will feel like we are ignoring the question you are trying to ask. Class Reps solve both of these problems.
Um, what? That doesn't make any sense. So sometimes you are unable to provide answers which is why it may appear you are remaining quiet, but Class Reps will solve that problem? They will magically make you able to provide answers?

and sometimes even when you provide answers, the community feels the question they tried to ask is ignored so Class Reps will solve that problem? They will magically change your answers so that it addresses the question they originally asked?

Dude, that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and I can't believe you actually wrote that and posted it for the public to see. You are USING, yes using, the class reps to be secretaries and organize all the class questions so you don't have to read through forum posts. The community team has been a disaster since the game launched. Recently posting within 24 hours of 2.2.2 that the patch was planned to be delayed a day because of 4th of July because you forgot to let us know what was already planned how long in advance?

idnewton
07.12.2013 , 03:59 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by ArissArgile View Post
Um, what? That doesn't make any sense. So sometimes you are unable to provide answers which is why it may appear you are remaining quiet, but Class Reps will solve that problem? They will magically make you able to provide answers?

and sometimes even when you provide answers, the community feels the question they tried to ask is ignored so Class Reps will solve that problem? They will magically change your answers so that it addresses the question they originally asked?

Dude, that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and I can't believe you actually wrote that and posted it for the public to see. You are USING, yes using, the class reps to be secretaries and organize all the class questions so you don't have to read through forum posts. The community team has been a disaster since the game launched. Recently posting within 24 hours of 2.2.2 that the patch was planned to be delayed a day because of 4th of July because you forgot to let us know what was already planned how long in advance?
Class reps solve these problems because they can tell the devs the real issues. Scanning over pages and pages of poorly-worded posts is, quite frankly, a waste of time. Even if they took the time to do that, they still wouldn't necessarily come up with the biggest issues. The forum-using community is not equally balanced between PvP and PvE, and it is not equally balanced between the classes, the advanced classes, or the individual specs. Save your judgement until you can actually comprehend the mentality behind the decision. Until you care enough to even try.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 15 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
5/5 NiM DF PVP BEST IN SLOT 4/5 NiM DP

Cypherecko
07.12.2013 , 04:08 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Class reps solve these problems because they can tell the devs the real issues. Scanning over pages and pages of poorly-worded posts is, quite frankly, a waste of time. Even if they took the time to do that, they still wouldn't necessarily come up with the biggest issues. Such a small portion of the community use the forums, and nearly all are subscribers (since F2P/Prefered cannot post). The forum-using community is not equally balanced between PvP and PvE, and it is not equally balanced between the classes, advanced classes, and individual specs. Save your judgement until you can actually comprehend the mentality behind the decision. Until you even care enough to try.
OK then please explain to me what Eric and Amber get PAID to do... because it seems to me that all they're doing here is outsourcing their job to the community....

Class Rep= Unpaid Secretary

ArissArgile
07.12.2013 , 04:15 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by Cypherecko View Post
OK then please explain to me what Eric and Amber get PAID to do... because it seems to me that all they're doing here is outsourcing their job to the community....

^ This.

I mean make me a class rep and give me the dev's email/phone numbers and then I don't even need eric or amber as middle people to pass the questions and answers along between the 2 parties.

Now I'm sure they do more than just that, but the point remains it really just looks like they are getting the community to do part of their job for them, but not sharing any of their salary with these reps.

idnewton
07.12.2013 , 05:41 PM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Cypherecko View Post

They're paid to deal with people like you.

The Class Representitives are a great idea, and will help improve the feedback that classes need. What the Community Managers are paid to do is not your concern at all.

Grimsblood
07.12.2013 , 06:48 PM | #146
Class reps solve these problems because they can tell the devs the real issues. Scanning over pages and pages of poorly-worded posts is, quite frankly, a waste of time. Even if they took the time to do that, they still wouldn't necessarily come up with the biggest issues. The forum-using community is not equally balanced between PvP and PvE, and it is not equally balanced between the classes, the advanced classes, or the individual specs. Save your judgement until you can actually comprehend the mentality behind the decision. Until you care enough to even try.
You should go back to the last page and read my post. The issues the "majority" of the community want to have answered can be found by the most viewed/responded to threads. You don't have to read through pages.....you just have to read the top. That is how forums work.
DPS is science. Healing is art. Tanking is strategy.
Hippolytà - Level 50 Sentinel - Grimsblood - Level 55 Sage
Saphyria - Level 55 Sniper - Fenrîr - Level 55 Gunslinger

idnewton
07.12.2013 , 06:53 PM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimsblood View Post
You should go back to the last page and read my post. The issues the "majority" of the community want to have answered can be found by the most viewed/responded to threads. You don't have to read through pages.....you just have to read the top. That is how forums work.
People don't post what the 'majority' wants, they post what they want. People also do not necessarily reply to the most important posts. By your logic the devs should indeed post SirCopperfield billboards around fleet because people reply to his threads.

I'm sorry you don't understand how people's mentality works, but it isn't my job to explain it to you. Pretty much what you're saying is "they don't need to do this" well they are. What's to lose?

Grimsblood
07.12.2013 , 07:18 PM | #148
People don't post what the 'majority' wants, they post what they want. People also do not necessarily reply to the most important posts. By your logic the devs should indeed post SirCopperfield billboards around fleet because people reply to his threads.

I'm sorry you don't understand how people's mentality works, but it isn't my job to explain it to you. Pretty much what you're saying is "they don't need to do this" well they are. What's to lose?
You make the assumption that the class representatives will ask the "most important" questions. It is not difficult to look in a AC forum and pick the top 3 issues. Why do we need someone that doesn't get paid to collect them?

I am saying they do not need to do this. There is nothing to loose. However, it opens the door for other more serious questions:

1) Why can't the current community team do this? Why do they need an unpaid player to help them?
2) Is there a better way to accomplish what they are trying to?

idnewton
07.12.2013 , 08:17 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimsblood View Post
You make the assumption that the class representatives will ask the "most important" questions.
You make the assumption that forumers will. There's nothing to lose with this idea. You need to calm down and get off the Community Managers' case. What good will come of it? None, that's what. So stop.

Grimsblood
07.12.2013 , 09:15 PM | #150
You make the assumption that forumers will. There's nothing to lose with this idea. You need to calm down and get off the Community Managers' case. What good will come of it? None, that's what. So stop.
I make the assumption that the most responded to threads within each AC forum have the most prominent questions/issues that the community on this forum is interested in. This new system makes the assumption that one person knows what the issues are OR that one person can gather the issues. In either case, one can just look at the forums...

What good can come of this new system? None, just puts another step between us and the Devs.

Before System: Thought --> Forum Post --> Community Team --> Devs
After System: Thought --> Forum Post --> AC Rep --> *Maybe a Weekly Question* --> Community Team --> Devs

This is more of a Vanity thing. Now, if you read my post you would know that I am not all over the Community Manger's case. Rather, I see what they are trying to do --> Saw a Flaw --> Pointed it Out --> Made a Suggestion for Change. I didn't even resort to trying to bully him