Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sniper Roll "immunity" \ Marauder undying rage || DreadGuard NM.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Sniper Roll "immunity" \ Marauder undying rage || DreadGuard NM.

veyl
07.12.2013 , 10:29 AM | #1
I'd like to hear from the Development team why two abilities for Marauders do not work during the Dread Guard Nightmare mode Lightning explosion but snipers can roll and be "immune" to a mechanic negating everything as well as Sorc's Barrier. (granted, they can only barrier one of the explosions... but they can then save the next cd for when they have doom).

Here's the problem and this could (should be) a bug.

When Heirad does his lightning explosion the Marauder can use either Cloak of pain || Saber ward to help lessen the blow of it. Using Undying Rage // Camo does absolutely NOTHING for the marauder... Two abilities that are supposed to lessen damage, absolutely useless. If a marauder is sub 13k going into the explosion, they are dead because they can't use either of those abilities.

People that can "go around" the lightning explosion damage:
Assassins can Shroud (though who is bringing those to any nightmare content at this point... they are dreadful in both dps and tanking)
Sorcs can bubble the explosion
and Snipers can roll.

Is this a bug >>>> Snipers/sorcs can also get away with not going through 6 puddles during ciphas which gives a huge DPS advantage. If players can go around a mechanic, raid dps will obviously be higher. As fun as playing drinking games to people dying to Doom can be, the party gets a little boring when snipers/sorcs end up with the debuff

The problem that the immunity brings is raid stacking. For any newer guilds that hit nightmare content and DONT SKIP BOSSES, they can "beat" DG by stacking snipers as their dps. Not to mention that Snipers are still single handily the best DPS in the game because ranged -rarely- have to move. The amount of fights in all Operation content that are majority Ranged friendly is just way too unbalanced.

Falver
07.12.2013 , 10:51 AM | #2
You're complaining as a marauder? The real complaints should be coming from scoundrels.
The Harbinger
Claimed - Thirteenth - Falver
<Phobos> is recruiting to fill in multiple raid groups. Apply at http://fearphobos.com/

mastirkal
07.12.2013 , 11:59 AM | #3
Sins are terrible tanks? I wonder why our only problem is dps dying from LF, doom and red circles and not my survivability on this fight... Better correct my suckiness to die more often on 16 man content. Sin tanks require two things. 1. Skilled player to abuse CDs and know the class. 2. A good Merc or Operative healer who knows the fight and the spikiness of tanks.

Also, to meet the time req for the third surging chain, it's better for snipers to go MM and entrench + sheild for LF. You can continue to dps and you only take 5-7k damage.

Marauders undying rage is bugged plain and simple.

RikuvonDrake
07.12.2013 , 01:02 PM | #4
Camo does help if I don't remember incorrectly.
Gate Crasher - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress - The Eternal Warrior
Not Good Enough | Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rebel Dream | Riku
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

paowee
07.12.2013 , 01:03 PM | #5
SuckaFish's 8man progression tank is a Sin.. If he can have it his way he'd probably bring 2 Sin tanks. And their healers aren't complaining last time i heard from em. In fact the only "gripe" is with PT tanks, they need a buff!
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

paowee
07.12.2013 , 01:07 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by veyl View Post
Is this a bug >>>> Snipers/sorcs can also get away with not going through 6 puddles during ciphas which gives a huge DPS advantage.
I'm not sure if serious or trolling. You want to use up those Green puddles. Can you imagine how clustered that room will be if all 4 Snipers just roll out of doom and not pick up the green puddles? Those green puddles also carry over to kelsara phase just fyi. So you are arguing that these classes can mitigate Doom damage which lets them NOT pick up green puddles... have you seen a Kelsara phase with 6 green puddles and 6 red puddles with more red puddles coming on the way and you are just idk.. ~30 seconds into Phase 3?

There can be other supporting claims to your argument but not using up green stacks is not one of them...

You want to use up the green stacks so you have room to maneuver in Phase 3.

-___-

oofalong
07.12.2013 , 01:11 PM | #7
The OP should have said:
Quote:
Some of Sentinels/Marauders' defensive CDs do not work on NiM DG. Is this intentional or is this a bug? Specifically, Guarded by the Force/Undying Rage does nothing to mitigate Heirad's lightning damage.
Prophecy of the Five Are you Committed to SWTOR?
Read my Theorycrafting Articles on Dulfy.net
Confused by all of the Proc Relics? Read my new and improved relic explanation.
See the best of the best on the Operations Leaderboards
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
You are correct Oofalong.

paowee
07.12.2013 , 01:21 PM | #8
Is this a bug >>>> Snipers/sorcs can also get away with not going through 6 puddles during ciphas which gives a huge DPS advantage.
Also to follow up on my previous post, here is an alternative to calling out snipers and sorcs for their "huge DPS advantage"

I suggest your raid try this:
Code:
()()()()()()

ciphas

for green puddle aligntment

instead of this:
Code:
()                                   ()                                                            ()

()       

ciphas

()                                                                                 ()
I am sure your snipers and sorcs will not only get a huge DPS advantage by doing the above, but the rest of your raid as well.

Ottoattack
07.12.2013 , 03:26 PM | #9
I'd like to hear from the Development team why two abilities for Marauders do not work during the Dread Guard Nightmare mode Lightning explosion but snipers can roll and be "immune" to a mechanic negating everything as well as Sorc's Barrier. (granted, they can only barrier one of the explosions... but they can then save the next cd for when they have doom).
Fyi, undying rage does not provide immunity. It provides 99% damage reduction, if you are doomed, 1% of dooms damage will still kill you. As for camaflogue, as far as I know it cuts all incoming damage by 50% for the entire duration. I am not sure why it would not cut lightning damage by 50%. Are you sure that it doesn't?

JDotter
07.12.2013 , 05:06 PM | #10
Sorcs can cheese the phase but you don't want to really. It leaves way to many puddle up and if you get one of the first two dooms it won't be off CD