Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorc full healer not rely wanted -.-

Ancaglon
07.12.2013 , 08:10 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocho-Quatro View Post
my answer was "I couldn't taunt even if I wanted to. I think maybe you just need to learn to hold aggro, I can only threat dump every 45s, so if I am pulling aggro, it's not my fault, it's yours. Learn your class before you yell at someone else for not knowing how to play theirs." - then he initiated a vote kick. hehe)[/I]
If you're a lot better geared than the tank, then it is your problem (if not actually your fault) -- it's better that you ease off the DPS a little than the mob be running off to hit you. Generallly though, taunt stacking can prevent this being a problem except early in the fight.

Ocho-Quatro
07.12.2013 , 08:26 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ancaglon View Post
If you're a lot better geared than the tank, then it is your problem (if not actually your fault) -- it's better that you ease off the DPS a little than the mob be running off to hit you. Generallly though, taunt stacking can prevent this being a problem except early in the fight.
I have a 55 Sentinel and a 55 Merc dps... So I know what it's like from the DPS's point of view with regard to pulling and aggro management. I also have a 55 Assassin tank and a 55 Vanguard tank, so I know what it's like to try to hold aggro from DPS.

If a dps is a lot better geared than the tank, the tank WILL have to work a little harder to hold aggro, but if he's a good tank, he still won't consistently lose, and even when he does, IF he understands how the threat mechanics works in this game, there should NEVER be a time when a tank loses aggro, to the same dps, and doesn't have a taunt up to grab it back.

Good tanks can hold aggro off of geared dps... bad tanks can't hold aggro period. (I love watching a tank blow a taunt to START a fight... or hit their Taunt and AoE taunt back to back... it's just bad tanking.)
TOROCast - Star Wars: The Old Republic's Longest Running Fan Podcast
Apos'trophe (55) Sage - Ellip'sis (55) Vanguard - Quotation (55) Sentinel
Aster'isk (55) Mercenary - Back'slash (55) Assassin - Per'iod (55) Operative
The Punctuation Legacy

ShadessaWayland
07.12.2013 , 09:50 AM | #13
lets say it so i rely dunno how groep finder work ore who is controling it

i was lvl 48 and i get 3 new FP,s
D7
battle of ilum
falls empire

i think wow lets try it
so i ad healer those 3 FP.s i wanne do and looking for party in groep finder
i w8 so 20 min -.-

then a party pop up most are above lvl 50 i was the only 48 its only a few lvl lower not a big deal i think ??
then boom i get kick out of the groep finder

and it hapend alot sadly
so yea i think is it me and who is doing that who is controling the groep finder ??

my gear is mostly purple will power and orther things i healer need but not rely focus alot to get a good healer set i wanne do that ad lvl 50 +

my gear rating is between 112 and 120 i stil dunno if thats good ore not am very new to that sorry
its my first time i play healer in this game

about pulling argo that problem is if the tanker dont have a AOE argo skill only have a singel 1
i only use my aoe heal skill if i see that my party is in trouble with that i can pull alot of argo to me
but then again you dont want any1 to die also

i mostly focus on the tanker if he/she doing his job very wel i dont have much trouble to do any runs
and all go smooth for me

but in most partys alot of players dont say anything and dont rely help me ore corect me what i do wrong -.-
but i try my best to keep every1 alive

i also help to do CC with my wirl wind skil it wil make a battle with many mobs alot easyer
so i rely dunno maby its me maby its the players i dont no

i do no i stil need to learn alot but it wil help if there was a beter communication between players
guilds are bad to its for me to many guild to less active players with most guilds i try between 5 to 10 online its very sad not what i wanne see sadly

so am mostly alone with out any help but i stil try my best

sorry for my bad english

Atramar
07.12.2013 , 09:52 AM | #14
well, if you got a pop and before porting in, you weren't kicked, one person refused to join in. could be dps accidentally qued as tank, or tank who qued in wrong place.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

ShadessaWayland
07.12.2013 , 10:01 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
well, if you got a pop and before porting in, you weren't kicked, one person refused to join in. could be dps accidentally qued as tank, or tank who qued in wrong place.
i also saw they remove me and i was back on the looking for party again but i wanne no who is doing that who is controling the groep finder makes me sick that some players have so much control and add ore remove any1 they want -.-

Atramar
07.12.2013 , 10:04 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadessaWayland View Post
i also saw they remove me and i was back on the looking for party again but i wanne no who is doing that who is controling the groep finder makes me sick that some players have so much control and add ore remove any1 they want -.-
from the begining, as I thought we lost our way here.

did you see 'teleport to instance' window or just 'team ready/cancel' one.

no one is controlling group finder.
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel

ShadessaWayland
07.12.2013 , 10:09 AM | #17
from the begining, as I thought we lost our way here.

did you see 'teleport to instance' window or just 'team ready/cancel' one.

no one is controlling group finder.
am sorry when a party pop up i press ready to enter then i w8 for the orther 3 some time a see a switch to see orther player pop in mostly dps ore i see something in my screen that they remove me ore so and am back to looking for a new party again rely dunno who is doing that

becouse when i press ready i can quit anymore even if i try to press it it wont work

Atramar
07.12.2013 , 10:13 AM | #18
am sorry when a party pop up i press ready to enter then i w8 for the orther 3 some time a see a switch to see orther player pop in mostly dps ore i see something in my screen that they remove me ore so and am back to looking for a new party again rely dunno who is doing that

becouse when i press ready i can quit anymore even if i try to press it it wont work
they didn't remove you. one player declined joining in, so you are a first healer in group finder.
once you press ready, you can't decline any more, that is correct.

ShadessaWayland
07.12.2013 , 10:18 AM | #19
they didn't remove you. one player declined joining in, so you are a first healer in group finder.
once you press ready, you can't decline any more, that is correct.
so if 1 player dont want in with the party its back to start over again to get a new groep of players

thats sucks hard in this rate it can take very long when you find a party if some players are very picky
who they wanne join ore not -.-

i see a lower lvl in the groep nah i dont join them and boom no party for you -.-

Atramar
07.12.2013 , 10:20 AM | #20
so if 1 player dont want in with the party its back to start over again to get a new groep of players

thats sucks hard in this rate it can take very long when you find a party if some players are very picky
who they wanne join ore not -.-

i see a lower lvl in the groep nah i dont join them and boom no party for you -.-
not really. if person declines, he has to que over again. while other 3 are on the top of a list, so if tank declined, 2 dps and a healer just wait for first tank that comes by.

it doesnt suck, you can't force a player to accept, and declines happen mostly when person selected wrong spec. it's better for them to decline, then to play a role of tank while they being DPS.