Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorc full healer not rely wanted -.-

ShadessaWayland
07.11.2013 , 09:44 PM | #1
hello all

am now a lvl 49 sorc full healer build

but after some time and try to do alot of FP
it seems i get kicked out much even if am a bit higher to help party

and my gear is pretty good i dont die much even if i pull alot of argo i can keep my self pretty good alive

but after some time i figure out that alot of players dont like as a sorc healer and want a Operative healer more -.-

if that is the case i hope bioware make Sorc healer beter but i dont see rely a problem yet
stil dunno why players like Opertive more the sorc ??

and now i feel a bit sad and start thinking to quit my sorc that i work so hard for
but if i need to w8 more then 20 min for a FP run it pretty sad and pll ad fleet say that healers and tankers always join fast for a FP run

not in my case sadly

if any no why this is let me no thx
sorry for my bad english

AshlaBoga
07.11.2013 , 11:14 PM | #2
I'm going to be straightforward with you here. It's almost certainly not your AC. It's probably something like "oh, he hasn't done this fight 10 times beforehand and we might actually have to use groupchat to tell him something - let's kick him." Try partnering with people who haven't done the FP before and you probably won't be kicked.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Jeweledleah
07.12.2013 , 01:56 AM | #3
huh... on my server at least, sorcs are very highly desirable. heck, my main is a sorc healer (and while I like all three and have all three at 55 - sorc is also my favorite)

so

this is very odd.

are you pulling aggro because not all mobs are being tanked, or are you attacking things? are you keeping the group alive? are you using your pushback a lot (most of the time, it does more harm than good - there are some very situational uses for it, but using it in a middle of a normal pull is not one of those uses)? did the groups directly tell you that they preferred operative, or are you just assuming that its the reason? maybe you are just that unlucky, or maybe you are doing something that irritates the groups. because in my experience at least i've never, EVER had people complain about sorc healers as a healing spec.

Radzkie
07.12.2013 , 03:24 AM | #4
Your problem is not your advanced class. Sage/sorc healers are very desirable, especially for PvE content. Without any more detail about the FP runs you've done, I can only guess whats actually getting you kicked.

It could be that you're not playing your role very well. I suggest looking up guides on how to play sorc healers.

Another problem might be that you're choosing "need" on every drop in the FP. It's commonly accepted that you only need on what your characters main spec can benefit from.

Breaking CCs, aka crowd controlling effects, can upset people. If you don't know what CCs look like, tell the people in your team so they can show you.

Using your AoE knockback constantly can also get you kicked. I have no clue why the devs decided to make it heal, because all it does is encourage new players to use it, which is likely to cause drama. It can and will piss off the tank and melee DPSers if used incorrectly.
Radzkie (Seer) | Elím (Sawbones)
The Lovecraft Legacy
<Ascension>

Ancaglon
07.12.2013 , 03:42 AM | #5
If you're getting kicked as a level 49 healer, the problem is not the spec, it's your healing or possibly your gear. Hard Modes are not yet in the picture, so it's not just a case of people wanting to have those that know, say, Lost Island HM tactics.

It takes a lot to make people kick a healer unless they are completely incompetent.

Infalliable
07.12.2013 , 06:46 AM | #6
For flash points there is never a need to kick a player b/c they are in a suboptimal AC. There isn't enough of a difference in AC performance nor is the content that hard. All 3 healers are very viable. Even for ops the general rule is just to have 2 different healing ACs. It doesn't matter which.

It's much more likely your gear isn't up to it or your just not on the same page as the team.

Icestar
07.12.2013 , 07:05 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadessaWayland View Post
but after some time i figure out that alot of players dont like as a sorc healer and want a Operative healer more -.-
There is nothing wrong with sage healing, they are very good.
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla

Atramar
07.12.2013 , 07:09 AM | #8
either they are just jerks or you are bad healer.
my sage is doing good.

with bad healer,I mean:
1.rotation is wrong
2.you let people die
3.your gear is wrong (using cunning much?)
4.you need on everything (that has nothing to be a bad healer, but could be reason to kick)
5.you are not nice.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Ocho-Quatro
07.12.2013 , 08:00 AM | #9
I have never ever been in a Group Finder (leveling or endgame) where a person was kicked because of their advanced class. Ever. And I GF queue a LOT.

I have been in plenty however, where people have been kicked for:

Under-performing to the point of hindering the progress of the team;
Constantly going AFK;
Disconnecting frequently;
Need rolling on everything that drops;
Failure to follow even the simplest of instructions;

That's pretty much it.
(Except for one time, in a HM 55 FP, when I was vote kicked by the tank, after an argument and he was screaming at me, because he was infuriated that I kept taunting off of him. I was playing my dps Mercenary. He didn't like it too much, that my answer was "I couldn't taunt even if I wanted to. I think maybe you just need to learn to hold aggro, I can only threat dump every 45s, so if I am pulling aggro, it's not my fault, it's yours. Learn your class before you yell at someone else for not knowing how to play theirs." - then he initiated a vote kick. hehe)
TOROCast - Star Wars: The Old Republic's Longest Running Fan Podcast
Apos'trophe Sage - Apostrophé Scoundrel - Period Vanguard - Parentheses Shadow - Quotation Sentinel
Aster'isk Mercenary - Back'slash Assassin - Per'iod Operative
The Punctuation Legacy

cymonguk
07.12.2013 , 08:06 AM | #10
Sorry someone should at least tell you what the problem is, as mentioned I would do the following:

1) Make sure you greed not need for drops - Even if you think you might need it, for now just greed it. Good teams will give you gear if they dont need it.

2) Concentrate on healing. Don't do any DPS, like literally zero unless you are in trouble from a mob. Concentrate on keeping the tank alive in the group. Throw bubbles on the DPS, and only heal them where necessary. A tank and healer can pretty much take on many SM FPs

3) at level 49 you should have at least some decent gear on, make sure it is at least specced for willpower and otherwise endurance. You can have Power and some other pieces for min/max stats, but if you have endurance/willpower gear noone can complain. You should have some decent blue/purple/orange stuff by now? Pop along to the planet vendors on fleet and try and get some upgrades if not (you should have comms??).

4) Are people marking in your group? i.e. do the mobs have little coloured marks on? if so are you CC them where noted. As a sorc healer you have a pretty good CC so use it and help out.

5) Tell people upfront if you havent done the FP. Most people will be willing to explain them. Try youtube/dulfy/alamar for guides on the FP you are doing. Learn the basic mechanics so that you can at leats follow it. As a Tank & Heal if somone tells me they dont know the FP I will talk the through each area/boss.

6) Every so often use your threat drop mechanic.

It is not your Sorc I am afraid that is the problem, as stated you may be:

1) Doing damage, but igmoring damage on your team, if they are having to work and use up medpacs to stay alive they will not be happy!

2) Using your knockback irritates tanks no end.

3) Your gear is specced for something else?

4) You are running around pulling aggro, attracting mobs, etc, and jsut getting in the way.

5) Selecting need instead of greed, it is not really clear what each means, and I made the mistake in my first FPs

People love good healers, they make runs easy, save people money, and can eb the difference between and wipe and staying up.