Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Chat Window: You broke it.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Chat Window: You broke it.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

branmakmuffin's Avatar


branmakmuffin
07.11.2013 , 11:00 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Good thing it still has no effect on gameplay what so ever.
I agree it's a minor visual annoyance. Hardly more than that except to the OCD crowd.

Gyronamics's Avatar


Gyronamics
07.11.2013 , 11:11 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Good thing it still has no effect on gameplay what so ever.
That's right it's like having a sticky A4 sheet of paper slap onto your windscreen as you're driving along the freeway/autobahn/motorway.

There it is stuck on that upper left corner flapping a bit, making some noise, blocking a bit of the view.

Next available time slot to remove paper from windscreen is a week+

Meanwhile it carries on flapping, blocking the view.

No effect on the whole experience I'm sure.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

Lionflash's Avatar


Lionflash
07.11.2013 , 11:16 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
That's right it's like having a sticky A4 sheet of paper slap onto your windscreen as you're driving along the freeway/autobahn/motorway.

There it is stuck on that upper left corner flapping a bit, making some noise, blocking a bit of the view.

Next available time slot to remove paper from windscreen is a week+

Meanwhile it carries on flapping, blocking the view.

No effect on the whole experience I'm sure.
You compared a chat window not fading away in a video game to having your windshield partially obstructed while driving 60+mph on the highway...

cycao's Avatar


cycao
07.11.2013 , 11:36 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
That's right it's like having a sticky A4 sheet of paper slap onto your windscreen as you're driving along the freeway/autobahn/motorway.

There it is stuck on that upper left corner flapping a bit, making some noise, blocking a bit of the view.

Next available time slot to remove paper from windscreen is a week+

Meanwhile it carries on flapping, blocking the view.

No effect on the whole experience I'm sure.
Thank the lord that a chat window in a game wont get me or anyone else killed whilst driving a motor...


are you freaking kidding me? You use that as an example?

branmakmuffin's Avatar


branmakmuffin
07.11.2013 , 11:37 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
You compared a chat window not fading away in a video game to having your windshield partially obstructed while driving 60+mph on the highway...
Maybe he was being sarcastic. I certainly hope so.

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
07.11.2013 , 01:10 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Hi there folks,

As Blackavaar stated above, the Chat Window forgetting to fade away properly was acknowledged and posted on on the Known Issues first thing yesterday. It's currently slated to be fixed with Game Update 2.2.3.


That's good to hear. It's more annoying than I thought it would be.

Ambious's Avatar


Ambious
07.11.2013 , 01:44 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Good thing it still has no effect on gameplay what so ever.
Except that it does. When you mix talking and fighting - in the past it'd just focus away once you hit enter or exit the chat, now it sticks and you can never tell when the focus is on or not and more often than before your movements are instead typed into the chat window.
Also, it's blocking about 20% of the screen and really gets in the way.

branmakmuffin's Avatar


branmakmuffin
07.11.2013 , 02:00 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Ambious View Post
Except that it does. When you mix talking and fighting - in the past it'd just focus away once you hit enter or exit the chat, now it sticks and you can never tell when the focus is on or not and more often than before your movements are instead typed into the chat window.
If you can't tell whether your focus is in the environment or the chat window, you have other things to work on.

Quote:
Also, it's blocking about 20% of the screen and really gets in the way.
Try 5% at most.

Talimar's Avatar


Talimar
07.12.2013 , 05:13 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Hi there folks,

As Blackavaar stated above, the Chat Window forgetting to fade away properly was acknowledged and posted on on the Known Issues first thing yesterday. It's currently slated to be fixed with Game Update 2.2.3.


Thanks Amber

Jirec's Avatar


Jirec
07.12.2013 , 05:19 AM | #30
I found a way to work around it, go into options and set the chat to transparent at any %, accept, then set it back to normal. Solved it for me and my friend.