Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Kingsbount
07.10.2013 , 11:39 AM | #511
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Ackbar View Post
This isn't so much a weird player but probably one of my most fun FPs. Was leveling up my OP and GF put me into The Foundry. So me, two Sith Assassains (one tank), and a powertech are matched up. Make it through the first boss no problems. Everything is going relatively smooth. Get to HK and the PT hadn't done the fight before I guess so we are a little slow on pulling up the powercore on HK but we manage through it. Now through the FP we had CC'd two packs of Elite Jedi so we could just walk by them. We get to Revan and the PT apparently fell off the side at the beginning of the fight, so its just the 3 of us. I start doing more DPS then I normally would watching my energy. It goes slow but we do kill him. Do the gear rolls waiting to start the conversation at the end.

So the three of us are chilling waiting for PT to come back. I see her and behind her are the 6 Jedi elites we skipped! I type in chat "JEDI!" we turn to go fight the PT gets killed before we make it over to her. I'm just casting heals as fast as I can using all my CD thinking the whole time "we are so dead" not one of us is above 50% health the whole time. Somehow someway we kill all six of them and I'm just laughing for the next five minutes cause I can't believe it haha. Get some compliments on my healing wish everyone well on one of the most fun FPs I've done.
Same things usually happens in Athiss (if someone dies on a final boss and get up). Exsept, guys in Athiss are MUCH more tough, then regular elites.

Sorei
07.10.2013 , 11:58 AM | #512
What is it with all the DPS being in tank stance lately? Had two of those today again. In Athiss SM, it was a guardian. I told him right in the beginning to please switch stances, but he claimed he wasn't in tank stance anymore.
I didn't heal him throughout the entire flashpoint, hoping he would die, but the endboss wasn't kind enough to give him his mean debuff.
He wasn't tank specced, but I was very certain he was truly in tank stance and not in DPS stance as he claimed. He pulled aggro from the tank several times (the tank wasn't a bad tank) and he taunted several times (even in boss fights).
I'm really sad he didn't die. I am just so fed up with DPS in tank stance, I see them all the time and none of them switch to DPS stance.

AlrikFassbauer
07.10.2013 , 12:11 PM | #513
Quote: Originally Posted by -Davarian- View Post
I asked him nicely if he knew the mechanics of the game i.e. Trinity system and if he had meant to queue as a Tank. There was no response for about a minute when he came back with, and I kid not:

"LOL I'm a jedi, not sure what game you think you're in..........DUH.....what tanks be Star WarsLOL"

I laughed so hard I actually cried.
I assume he took the word "tank" literally ?
"Pre-2.0 PvP was all about your items. [...]
The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap." AlexModny

cymonguk
07.10.2013 , 03:51 PM | #514
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
I assume he took the word "tank" literally ?
Id have been tempted to tell him that he needed to get in a tank, and that of course there are tanks in SW (did he not watch Empire Strikes Back AT-ATs duhhhh)

MaceMacLeod
07.11.2013 , 12:11 AM | #515
Quote: Originally Posted by PLynkes View Post
Sorc? What is that short for? Sorcerer? How could a Sorcerer be playing in a Republic group?
My bad. Shadow. Have been leveling Imps lately.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.
You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else.
Nothing is static. Everything is evolving. Everything is falling apart.

quirez
07.11.2013 , 03:31 AM | #516
Few days ago i pugged into a HM Hammer Station as a powertech tank - we had a nicely geared sniper, a mediocre sentinel and (judging by hp - about 24k) a newish Merc healer.

Ive guarded sniper so that i have no issues with his dps, and went on. We came to the first part with 2 golds, 2 silvers and few normal mobs (the first big pack of droids), i marked 2 droids and asked for cc, party agreed to cc them so i jump on. As to be expected it was quite a mess - sentinel broke cc's and died short after, i did my best to taunt and regain aggro but failed as every1 was attackin other stuff and we wiped.
And then healer starts raging at me for not guarding him - im like "guard had nothing to do with it we just messed up, ur a healer, and worst geared char in this group - u barely do any aggro and i prefer to have guard on sniper" , to which he replies that im noob and he does biggest aggro 2nd only to tanks - we start argueing as we go on as i really hate ppl that tell me how to do my job especially in a rude way...

We come to the first boss (droid with stacking laser debuff) and the first laser beam got stacked up to 10 - i shout for cleanse, healer replies with "GUARD!", luckily he got over himself and started cleansing afterwards so we killed boss easily.

After that healer starts crying again that he has no guard and if he dies he leaves.
I stop and say - "if you ever start stealing aggro from me, even for a second then i'll give you a guard".

We go on, and i did my very fking best not to lose aggro on a single mob in the flashpoint - hammer station mobs are extremely easy so its a no issue anyway (i think 1 normal droid managed to shoot the healer *once* the entire run, and maybe he got 1-2 hits from the boss ads at last boss, his hp never dropped below 90% ). Bonus boss was quite harsh as the healer was quite undergeared but we made it on first try.

We downed last boss without problems and im asking the healer "How's your aggro? You stole the sheet out of me without that guard, eh?"

He remains silent for 10-15 seconds and the says something like "It was the hardest FP i've ever been, i almost died few times". I sigh, and type /ignore.

Thats one of the reasons there aren't that many tanks pugging - we usually are blamed for everything. There are many others, but i personally dont usually have problems with trigger-happy derp dps's - im geared and skilled enough to handle almost anything any HM flashpoint can throw at me if i get some heals. What i do have problems with is rude, all-knowing players who hate on all other teammembers for not doing stuff the way they like.
Vairne - 55 Commando Healer
Temple Watch

The Progenitor

The-Uncreative
07.11.2013 , 03:43 AM | #517
Quote: Originally Posted by quirez View Post
And then healer starts raging at me for not guarding him - im like "guard had nothing to do with it we just messed up, ur a healer, and worst geared char in this group - u barely do any aggro and i prefer to have guard on sniper" , to which he replies that im noob and he does biggest aggro 2nd only to tanks.
I used to be a bit like that when I started Healing FP's, without the arguing (and name-calling) though, until a kind tank told me how guard works , now, everytime I'm not the highest lvled and geared player (AKA: almost always) and the tank puts his guard on me, I respond by right-clicking the buff en telling the tank to put it one of the dps's and if they give me the guard again? I just remove it again, until they get the message and put it on one of the dps's
I am everywhere*!!!

(*everywhere does not include RP-servers, PvP-servers or non-English based servers)

CrazyGreggy
07.11.2013 , 05:52 AM | #518
Quote: Originally Posted by The-Uncreative View Post
I used to be a bit like that when I started Healing FP's, without the arguing (and name-calling) though, until a kind tank told me how guard works , now, everytime I'm not the highest lvled and geared player (AKA: almost always) and the tank puts his guard on me, I respond by right-clicking the buff en telling the tank to put it one of the dps's and if they give me the guard again? I just remove it again, until they get the message and put it on one of the dps's
Oh thank bog I'm not the only one that does that I just imagine this bewildered tank wondering why his guard dropped off again barely 2s after he put on the squishy healer. And again. And again.

Atramar
07.11.2013 , 06:04 AM | #519
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyGreggy View Post
Oh thank bog I'm not the only one that does that I just imagine this bewildered tank wondering why his guard dropped off again barely 2s after he put on the squishy healer. And again. And again.
dunno why it bothers you, I never drop a guard... it's tanks decision who he wants to guard. if he guards you, it can only mean, he's not sure who will draw aggro from him more, and preffers to put guard atleast on one person, then on noone.

Don't tell tank how to tank and he won't tell you how to heal.

that's what I do on my tank, if dps are not super geared, or equally good geared, I preffer to start with guard on healer, as I don't know how dps will act, and then change guard accordingly to situation.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

wishingwell
07.11.2013 , 06:59 AM | #520
Had a couple interesting ones recently...

First, in HM Hammer Station: A DPS who, despite being somewhat decently geared for the flashpoint, apparently hadn't trained all their skills. We wiped at Sugar Smacks (the frog bonus boss) due to enrage and, upon returning from rez, the DPS asked if anyone had a Hutt statue so they could "train some more levels" before trying again. I dropped mine and then we proceeded to down the frog, but... seriously?!

Second, HM Cademimu, probably one of the funniest DPS pairs I have ever seen. Tank and I regularly group, and usually we like when we see both DPS are from the same guild... not this time. Two gunslingers, both decked out in 55 PVP gear. Should be fine, we thought. Just to be on the safe side, as usual, we spend the first couple group pulls doing a little CC with the dogs. Each time, I notice very little gunfire going off around me. As in... none. Tank's doing all the damage. Then, several seconds in, I finally see a Freighter Flyby. This goes on for each pull where we've done some CC, and from what I could tell the 'slingers were trading their flyby casts. Tank asks me (privately) if it was just him or if things were going slow, so I tell him what I had noticed and we agree to skip the CC and see what happens.

What happened was... suddenly no Freighter Flyby. However, not a lot of gunfire going off either. Things are going even slower. I've now noticed that one of the gunslingers (henceforth referred to as DPS 1) is not taking cover. Like, ever. I think he's throwing grenades on CD and occasionally hitting his default attack; he's not running out of energy hardly at all. I also notice he's doing a lot of running back and forth for no reason (something I had not previously noticed because he was always behind me). Pew pew pew, run run run, grenade, run run run, pew pew pew... just like that.

At this point we're at the first boss, so Tank asks if everyone knows the flashpoint. No response. A minute or two pass. Tank says, "Okaaaaay... is that a yes or a no? We're nice, we'll explain it if you need." DPS 1 says, "Ready." Tank and I have a little laugh and agree to see how it goes. Fight goes alright, despite DPS 1 almost dropping every blue circle bomb on at least one other person. I don't know if that boss enrages or not, but if he does, I'm pretty sure we cut it close.

We get to the Wookiee boss, and it's a Freighter Flyby party from both DPS as soon as the ugnaughts show up, which means they are both running around like headless chickens while the piggies eat their ankles. I've now realized that DPS 2 is going into cover and using skills, but using them veeeeeery slowly. Can't tell if she's specced heavily into Engineer (Sabotage? Middle tree) or not, but it looks like she's got some kind of hybrid build going on. Her energy levels are also barely being touched; it's almost like she is using a skill, waiting to refill, then using a skill... etc.

We tried coaxing them into a conversation where it'd be easy and polite to ask if they knew their classes well, but all we get is crickets. So, instead, Tank flat out asks them to step up their DPS if they can, because the bonus boss is no fun with low DPS. DPS 2 responds with, "We PVP, we can DPS lol." Umm... okay.

Bonus boss enrages. Tank and I manage to barely squeak out a victory without wiping, just barely; he dipped down into double digit HPs more than once at the end. Sigh... almost done though. I do what I can to politely explain that skills need to be executed faster in 55 HMs and that cover is really important for gunslingers. I even make a side-remark about how I "recently discovered" you could trade out the roll-to-cover skill for crouch on your quickbar, and you'll never end up where you don't want to be. (Not a recent discovery at all, but I was trying my best to not come off as snotty.) Still no response. I give up and cross my fingers for the rest of the run.

We get to the final boss and I can honestly say I have never had to run around the room so much. Even when it was my first time in there on HM, back when the boss was buggy as heck, and I didn't know exactly what I was doing and my own DPS/gear was crappy. I can honestly say I've never had to rez someone because they didn't move with the group (and no, I'm not talking about being stuck with shackles; I'm talking about flat out standing there going pew pew pew). And I can honestly say I've never watched someone die that way, get rezzed, and then do the same thing again. But, hey, at least he finally used cover.

Throwing down all the DPS I could muster at the end and managing to kill Ortol with a nut-kick was strangely satisfying, however.