Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Representatives Are Here!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class Representatives Are Here!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NanoX
07.11.2013 , 01:11 AM | #91
just look at what the pve nubs nominate in the forums

this is gona be great... NOT

how about letting the leading RWZ teams balance the game? oh wait bioware doesnt care about pvp or skilled players, ppl just have to get nominated by a lot of pve noobs who got no fking idea and probably havent even played each class etc.

xxPhoenixlordxx
07.11.2013 , 01:48 AM | #92
Hay guys,

As far as I know Anarchy Online did something similar to this called "Professionals" or something. They did a whole bunch of discussions on class balance and put together a list of changes that most people seemed to agree with. The game is pretty much dead so don't think they implemented them. :P

If I were Bioware I would look at their community forum and see how it has been turning out for them as it could be an awesome benchmark.

Ayelinna
07.11.2013 , 02:08 AM | #93
Rather amusing, I made a post about putting polls on the forums but he said the 5% of users who use the forums don't represent the entire community, and what people wants on the forums could be entirely different to what 95% of the players want.

Not everyone uses the forums, but im sure a lot more than 5% read them, but the 95% people might not want to have class representatives, they might want another person compared to what the forums want, right Eric ? Like you said?

Gondolindhrim
07.11.2013 , 03:08 AM | #94
There really should be two representatives per class, one for PvE and another for PvP. There are too few players who participate in the absolute highest level of both, and both deserve the same amount of attention.
Rheiya, Guardian | Adelynn, Sage | Fyrellis, Sentinel | Lyell, Gunslinger | Bao-der, Vanguard | Kayleen, Shadow | Hailey, Commando
Syeeda, Operative | Circumspectus, Sniper | Freiya, Juggernaut | Zeyus, Marauder
FrostclawNightmare LandsThe Red Eclipse

mitchsts
07.11.2013 , 03:18 AM | #95
i only got a few pages in and i can see a lot of people are complaining it will be focused towards pvp. pvp still needs a lot of improvement. let pvpers have one thing.
Syrono / Ajunta Pall

xxPhoenixlordxx
07.11.2013 , 03:44 AM | #96
When I mentioned Anarchy Online doing this before I think I found a link that started it all.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=361567

They had 28 people doing it hahaha

Joesixxpack
07.11.2013 , 05:14 AM | #97
It's interesting to see so many posting on this who haven't posted in a while or normally just lurk.

I agree with the others who've said have PVE and PVP reps. You can see in this thread and any other where the two meet a lot of players act factional about PVP and PVE, often to the point of silliness and objectivity goes out the window.

Would be easier for all if the PVP and PVE reps compared notes and devs took it from there.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

reapex
07.11.2013 , 05:20 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by NanoX View Post
just look at what the pve nubs nominate in the forums

this is gona be great... NOT

how about letting the leading RWZ teams balance the game? oh wait bioware doesnt care about pvp or skilled players, ppl just have to get nominated by a lot of pve noobs who got no fking idea and probably havent even played each class etc.
This, please don't let pve nubs fk this game over more than it already is, let the top RWZ teams have a chance to balance the game based on the games they have played during ranked, as its really in RWZ where you can clearly see the stronger/weaker classes and adjust accordingly.
'I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough' - Bioware famous last words...

Burtlebe
07.11.2013 , 07:23 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
^^ this

As a diehard vanguard tank I want to see the AC excel and not relapse into 1.7 era where it was assault or don't come. Of course I newest and the dps consterns currently and find them justified. A vanguard Rep might have a similar focus or be dps focused at the expense of the tank VG community. Finding one plaer who can represent both equally will be very hard.
Its going to be hard to find someone like this. My guildies call me a Jackofalltrades cause I play 19 characters. If you wanted someone to tell you how well they all function compared to each other I could but because I play so many classes I wouldn't be deep in knowledge for one specific role, which it sounds like they want. Once you find someone who is that deep into a class then you begin to see a singular focus.

From my time playing I have learned that while the mirrors appear the same on paper they play out very differently which I attribute to the imperial mirrors having better synergy with their skills. While I think this format is too vague to accomplish what people want I am hoping it will be successful enough to warrant expanding to the point where it will begin to succeed.
Burtimus'prime Vanguard Tank
Guild Leader Army of the Republic / The Army of Darkness / The Unmentionables
The Shadowlands Server

thatghost
07.11.2013 , 07:35 AM | #100
I fully support the idea of PVE and PVP reps.

I also fully support not nominating anyone (nor members of their particular RWZ team/s) in this thread who's used the words "pve kids", "pve noobs, "pve nubs" and any variation thereon.

You (general 'you') don't make a very convincing case when you repeatedly insult what's likely the majority of the playerbase. The Class Rep forum spaces aren't shiny new venues for yet more 'L2P' rubbish...or so I hope, cross fingers...