Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Powertech Class Representative

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter > Powertech
Powertech Class Representative
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FeralPug
07.10.2013 , 04:55 PM | #11
Hi folks,

First of all, thanks to those of you who brought my name up. I really appreciate that. I've been posting and playing for a long time. It's gratifying to be mentioned by such talented players as have posted in this forum.

A buddy alerted me to this post. I haven't posted much on these forums after 2.0. Pyro was so deeply damaged, and AP was left with all of its inherent flaws. When an explanation was not forthcoming from Bioware, I lost a little hope and a lot of faith in the direction of the game. I have been visiting the PT forums seldom because I have felt like the developers were not listening.

I am still an active player. I have played Powertech as my main since beta. I am the guildmaster of <Hex>, a PVP guild on POT5. I also host Jerc's Friday Fight Club, and have been doing so (first on the Ebon Hawk, now on POT5) for many months. I also have several alts including a marauder and arsenal merc. I've also played assassin and operative to 45+ and sniper to 30.

I still believe that Powertech is the most fun class in the game despite its many flaws, and lack of viability in certain end-game scenarios. I play all three specs, and know the trees inside and out. I've seen the changes come and go, and can give feedback from a normal WZ and from a ranked WZ perspective. Admittedly, my PVE knowledge is lacking, but if I were asked to be a representative I would consult with top PVE powertechs to fill in my knowledge gaps.

I love this game. I love the powertech community. I believe that BW requesting class representatives is an extremely good sign, and a huge opportunity for each advanced class. We would need to pull together as a community to get changes implemented, but IMO the PT community is the best class community in SWTOR. We could do a bang up job.

Right now, I'm forced to play classes that I like much less than PT in order to participate in the elder-game. It's extremely frustrating. I know you guys are feeling this too. I would love the opportunity to work with the community and help make this the class it should be.

Thanks again to those who mentioned my name! See you in the WZ's!

Your favorite Jerc in the Galaxy,

Jerc Starr
Jerc Starr Jercules Jercenary Drastic
Social 1. Valor 100.

<Hex> www.tehhex.com

Rylorn
07.10.2013 , 05:35 PM | #12
Let me just say, I miss playing my PT. I love this class and have been sad ever since 2.0 forced me to switch classes. I am hoping Bioware will one day make us viable again in PvP and Feralpug sounds like a good person to start us off.

It is my belief that right before 2.0 launched, an unlikely hybrid build needed to be nerfed and in order to not delay the patch, they hastily released massive changes that gimped PT dps. The combustible gas cylinder nerf that was a huge source of our damage and the increased reliance on easily cleansed dots via the change to thermal detonator were too much to bear. In addition, the downfall of crit as a worthwhile stat for all classes was a major blow.

I would never make a good rep because I was too heavily focused on Pyro, however here are my top 3 things.

1. Fix crit as a stat for everyone
2. Restore CGC
3. Make thermal detonator a worthy end talent again
A long time ago in an MMO far,
far away. . .

Approxy Reftach [Illegal Test Kitchen] The Bastion

havesomefun
07.10.2013 , 05:40 PM | #13
FeralPug ftw aka Jerc because he is a real Jerc
The For'lulz Legacy
<Hex>

FeralPug
07.10.2013 , 05:54 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Rylorn View Post
Let me just say, I miss playing my PT. I love this class and have been sad ever since 2.0 forced me to switch classes. I am hoping Bioware will one day make us viable again in PvP and Feralpug sounds like a good person to start us off.

It is my belief that right before 2.0 launched, an unlikely hybrid build needed to be nerfed and in order to not delay the patch, they hastily released massive changes that gimped PT dps. The combustible gas cylinder nerf that was a huge source of our damage and the increased reliance on easily cleansed dots via the change to thermal detonator were too much to bear. In addition, the downfall of a crit as a worthwhile stat for all classes was a major blow.

I would never make a good rep because I was too heavily focused on Pyro, however here are my top 3 things.

1. Fix crit as a stat for everyone
2. Restore CGC
3. Make thermal detonator a worthy end talent again
Nice post. I think a lot of us are in this very same position, and would agree on 1-3.

I play marauder too, and the gearing for Rage spec is so utterly simple and quick in comparison to any PT spec. Rage has the luxury of ignoring an entire stat (crit), whereas PT has a serious crit deficit (especially as AP).

I would love to see flame engine moved from Shield Tech to AP. That would go a long way to making the spec viable (for the first time in the game's tenure!) Shield could get a group utility bump in its place. I'd love to see a counter to predation, though not sure how that would work.

I would quickly like to say though: if the class representative is merely someone through which BW will be speaking, I am not interested. Not interested in lip service. I would definitely be the wrong guy for that job.

On the other hand, if the CR is someone through which the community brings issues to BW and gets them fixed, I'm into it.
Social 1. Valor 100.

<Hex> www.tehhex.com

Rylorn
07.10.2013 , 05:57 PM | #15
I think the role is primarily to figure out the top 3 concerns of players in this class, and clearly represent those feelings to Bioware with the expertise of someone who knows how it is to play this class inside and out.

Edit: Added the part about expertise
far away. . .

FeralPug
07.10.2013 , 06:31 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Rylorn View Post
I think the role is primarily to figure out the top 3 concerns of players in this class, and clearly represent those feelings to Bioware with the expertise of someone who knows how it is to play this class inside and out.

Edit: Added the part about expertise
Roger that.

It's a really smart move on BW's part. I think it bodes very well for the overall health of the game.
Social 1. Valor 100.

<Hex> www.tehhex.com

Rylorn
07.10.2013 , 06:37 PM | #17
I would also like our representative to stress where we rank among the other classes, and that we need some serious help. Everyone involved heavily with ranked knows that the classes rank something like this:

My opinion of the ranked meta
Spoiler

Maybe others disagree in certain cases, but this is the current meta for ranked. If you are still playing ranked and not on one of the best classes, you are probably just that good that you are kept around.
far away. . .

alexsamma
07.10.2013 , 07:00 PM | #18
I'll throw my hat behind Jerc, he's one of the few PT's that impressed me prior to 2.0, and the only reason I ever rolled a powertech.

Jerc's passion for the PT class is borderline un-healthy, but in this case it's exactly what is called for.

Jhericho
07.10.2013 , 08:03 PM | #19
Hizoka 2013

ScytheEleven
07.10.2013 , 08:30 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Jhericho View Post
Hizoka 2013
No.

Is Hizoka very good at DPS? Yes. But they are also very quick to bash others.

/could not tell if serious