Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Representatives Are Here!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class Representatives Are Here!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Doulo
07.10.2013 , 03:36 PM | #51
This seems like a good move on my initial look. I think that the community can police itself enough that the reps will do a good job. I am not concerned about that side of things.

I am concerned about what the devs are going to do with this. If this becomes yet another tool to placate and postpone, I will be very disappointed. However, if it spurs dev interaction with the community I will be ecstatic.

Autreki
07.10.2013 , 03:36 PM | #52
My vote goes to Micshaz for Medic Senator!
-MVM-

Benfynyn
07.10.2013 , 03:40 PM | #53
I am very encouraged by this move. Kudos to EA/BW. As a player with several alts and at least one of each AC I don't really identify with any one particular class. Having said that, it will be nice to have a clearly appointed Rep to direct questions when issues arise.

Now, if there's a Space Combat Rep position I'm your man.
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

After some investigation, it appears that there was some miscommunication between teams and this patch note was not intended to be included in this last patch.

HoloTweed
07.10.2013 , 03:43 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Well, that would certainly be a complete 180.
Right, since PvE powers have constantly been nerfed since launch due to PvP concerns. Try again.

Pistols
07.10.2013 , 03:50 PM | #55
I think the most important aspect is being missed by a few peeps here. This is about helping to streamline communication, and at present only starting with advanced classes, which IMO is something this game needs badly. While I understand classes tend to function somewhat differently in PvP than PvE, this is where said individual chosen for the role, will need to gather all concerns and then present it.

I'm going to assume most "class issues" will be centered on abilities, bugs, etc, and how they perform in their respective environments, so if it's important too others I'm sure it will be relayed by whomever is chosen. This can be a very invaluable tool, and one I hope the team builds on, because like everyone we all want to help make the game better and feel like our issues (no matter what we do in game) are being addessed.

Hopefully as a community we can see this flourish, as I think we all would benefit from this.

DustinDune
07.10.2013 , 03:56 PM | #56
Don't know if i missed it, but what about the specific trees within the class? For example, the first round of posts for VG/PT will be all about DPS and the nerf they received in 2.0. What about PT/VG tanks and there questions? Electing a rep who knows or understands PVE, PVP and all specs within an advance class will be near impossible.
Mumakil - Pommel - Strakovic - Versingetorix - Shae'vizkil -
Olos'nah - Cortonk - Adorria - Kratzer - Mumakill
Rancorslayer Legacy - The Harbinger
31K+ AP

Machine-Elf
07.10.2013 , 03:59 PM | #57
Great idea, except for the fact that each and every single class will try to vote for SirCopperfield as their representative.

Doulo
07.10.2013 , 03:59 PM | #58
I don't think it will be that impossible. After scoping all the AC threads, there is a good consensus of who would represent all the roles, and both PVP/PVE well. The community is sorting itself out and we will do fine with that. How will BW sort itself out and whether Eric Musco will get pounded in the middle is the question.

KurganNazzir
07.10.2013 , 04:07 PM | #59
Only a small fraction of players use the forums so these so-called representatives aren't representing much of anyone other than the vocal minority. Of that small fraction, how many use the class forums? I know I don't because there is nothing useful for me to be found there. I'm not deluded, I know I only speak for myself , I just wonder how many other forums users don't use the class forums.

Only paying players can post so you've already excluded members of the player base who might actually want to participate. And before people say it, not that it'll stop them, leave your 'they should pay' bull crap at the door; a player is a player no matter how they choose to play.

As Lunafox pointed out, this is really nothing but a popularity contest among the people who use the class forums.

As others pointed out, just reading the forums should give BioWare the information they are looking for, albeit you have to wade through all the bantha poo to get to it.

So yeah, I am not for having class representatives. If this goes forward, that's fine, I probably won't participate and I also know that these 'representatives' will not be speaking for me or my concerns (not that I really have any concerns about my classes and how they function at the moment). It also doesn't help that I don't have a very high opinion of these forums and what is posted in them. That's not to say there aren't good posters/posts, they're just few and far between in the sections I sometimes visit.

Anyway, that's my two credits, don't spend them all in one place..
Dark Eclipse
GAF

Iggster
07.10.2013 , 04:07 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Machine-Elf View Post
Great idea, except for the fact that each and every single class will try to vote for SirCopperfield as their representative.
You say this as a bad thing! We could always vote for Sir Marty instead if you prefer :)