Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Representatives Are Here!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class Representatives Are Here!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ELRunninW
07.10.2013 , 02:45 PM | #11
Bad idea, this is a step backwards. It only gives a false impression something is being done to address problems. I am afraid too much effort will be put towards PvP because of this.

Chickensevil
07.10.2013 , 02:45 PM | #12
You mention terms, I would hope that possibly people could be re-elected but with a possible cool down between periods? I mean if there is someone who is amazingly awesome with regard to a specifc AC, I would hope that it would just be a one time deal and then never to be heard from again. At the same time I get why you want terms, because we don't want a situation where people get this position and then spend their entire time trying to get elected by making promises, then when they get elected they do just enough to get by and spend the rest of the time working on getting reelected again... (yes that was a bit of political humor... sorry)

In all seriousness, I like the idea behind this initiative and I hope this will help increase a dialog between the classes and the combat team. As was stated we don't want to just be listened to, we want to be heard. While I get that there are good reasons for "we feel class x is in a good position regarding ability to accomplish y", more expansion on WHY you feel that way will be helpful so we can either reformulate our question or simply put the issue to rest.

I am sure they felt they had great reason to make some of the changes they did, when they made them, but just telling us that the changes are staying without at least giving some background on WHY you made the change, I think, is where a large part of the issues come from.

Anyway, I got really excited by this, and can't wait to see more!
Quote:
First man says to the second man: Why are you hitting your head against the wall over and over?
Second man responds: Because it feels so good when I stop
Zetliam - Empire - Bounty Hunter - Pot5
Armory

ChuangTzu
07.10.2013 , 02:46 PM | #13
I am somewhat ambivalent about this. Now more player involvement is a great thing and I am happy you are trying to do so but surely the reasons you gave for not having polls would also apply to have representatives. As in ppl will see their 'top 3 issues' as set in stone and you will do something about them.

My other issue is that there is no reason your own ppl can't read the forums to see what the top issues are! It just seems you are trying to get us to do your job for you. So although I like the gesture and for me shows more commitment to your players but it seems you are going to open a can of worms. Hopefully I am proved wrong though.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

chuixupu
07.10.2013 , 02:49 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ELRunninW View Post
. I am afraid too much effort will be put towards PvP because of this.
Well, that would certainly be a complete 180.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

mastirkal
07.10.2013 , 02:52 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by THorsblood View Post
Dulfy must win at least one of these elections

or all of them rofl

GO DULFY!
Hope this is a joke. She's not the best sorc healer I have ever seen, nor has she much presence in the sorc class section and she mostly writes guides for new content rather than actual classes.

TUXs
07.10.2013 , 02:52 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
One thing, PvE vs PvP. The 2 groups will most likely have 2 very different sets of questions.

Could I recommend increasing the question count to 4 and make it required that 2 be PvE and 2 be PvP based? Maybe with 2 reps for each AC (one for PvE and one for PvP?
Absolutely agree!!! PvP needs a representative as well. I nominate Pistols
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Tatanka
07.10.2013 , 02:58 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
How Will Class Representatives Be Selected?

This process is going to be largely in your hands! As of the time of making this post, you will be able to head over to your Advanced Class Forum and you will find a post where you can begin nominations for who your Class Representative will be. After a span of time (a week or so) we will create a poll with the names we saw mentioned most, by each AC, and you will vote on who you want your rep to be! I want to note that Class Representatives will be shared across mirrored ACs, so Sentinel and Marauder will have the same representative. We are still going to allow one to be selected for each, but they will rotate in their responsibilities.
Remember PVE and PVP folks, stuff the ballot box in an orderly fashion to get your class issues out front!

Nominations should be player generated, but the final selection should be done by BW.
Leadership is a matter of intelligence, trustworthiness, humaneness, courage, and discipline...
Vanguard... "I'm on point!"

Andryah
07.10.2013 , 02:59 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
That is my concern. Looking at most of the class forums. The most vocal are the PvPers.
1) then don't vote for them.

2) if they get a majority vote, then PvP must be a majority interest. I don't think it is, so I'm not worried about it.

3) as per Eric above.. if they are not objective and fair... then out they go and the next most popular comes in.

The DOoC concerns are not really relevant IMO, as that MMO WAS mostly about PvP. So.. I don't see a comparison to a mostly PvE MMO player based like this one has.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

LordArtemis
07.10.2013 , 03:01 PM | #19
I think this is a good idea. I may end up spending some time in the class forums as a result.

Andryah
07.10.2013 , 03:02 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Absolutely agree!!! PvP needs a representative as well. I nominate Pistols
No way! He crazy!!

J/K Pistols.

While I can see value in separate focus for PvP and PvE... I'm of the mind to let Bioware drive this into place and see how it works before making sweeping judgments on how it needs to be partitioned (if at all).

Good representatives WILL represent both interests.... so have some faith IMO. The Class interests are key.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.