Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Chat Window: You broke it.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Chat Window: You broke it.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Talimar
07.10.2013 , 10:12 AM | #1
It no longer fades out when there is no incoming text.
"We're merging you with US servers. Your gameplay experience will be abysmal, but you'll have higher populations!"
"But we play at entirely different times."
"Doesn't matter. Our metrics will show higher populations."

Elrada
07.10.2013 , 10:19 AM | #2
Just go back into preferences then select chat, adjust the chat panel alpha to something other than it is, apply, put back to what it was, apply, sorted

Slightrider
07.10.2013 , 10:25 AM | #3
mine works fine. must just be you
ˇɹǝʌo ǝɯ dılɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟI

BounceDK
07.10.2013 , 10:34 AM | #4
Mess with the alpha settings (ESC, settings) as the settings doesn't seem to stick at first.

Talimar
07.10.2013 , 10:43 AM | #5
Actually I'm afraid that didn't sort it totally. The text never fades if it doesn't update. So if I'm in guild chat and noone says anything, after a while the text fades out too. This no longer happens.
"We're merging you with US servers. Your gameplay experience will be abysmal, but you'll have higher populations!"
"But we play at entirely different times."
"Doesn't matter. Our metrics will show higher populations."

SirMannii
07.10.2013 , 02:31 PM | #6
It's fun how ppl are coming in to this thread and have no clue about what is wrong with the chat.

It has no fading issue. It is just highlighted at all time now instead of just bein highlighted when having the mouse cursor over it. PvP players are noticing this more than other players I guess.
Gunslinger | Sentinel || Marauder | Sniper
Manzii iiiiiiiiii Manniiz iii Mannii iiiiiiiiManiiz
iiiiiii iiiiiii iiiiiiii
<RUTHLESS> TOFN EU <Kansas City Shuffle>

Repman
07.10.2013 , 02:35 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Elrada View Post
Just go back into preferences then select chat, adjust the chat panel alpha to something other than it is, apply, put back to what it was, apply, sorted
It reverts back after a loading screen though, well at least for me and a few others I've seen in general chat

johnduane
07.10.2013 , 02:38 PM | #8
Evidently there was a drastic issue with the way it was working prior to this morning. If not, why was it changed?

Mythic Devs (aka idiots) - there is enough wrong with the game that needs fixing that you don't need to create more.
-sig coming soon™

LadyNashira
07.10.2013 , 02:42 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SirMannii View Post
It's fun how ppl are coming in to this thread and have no clue about what is wrong with the chat.

It has no fading issue. It is just highlighted at all time now instead of just bein highlighted when having the mouse cursor over it. PvP players are noticing this more than other players I guess.
Its a mess, even if you fix the alpha it doesn't stick.

Hope the engineer that did this is not Imperial, the punishment for failure being what it is

Blackavaar
07.10.2013 , 03:06 PM | #10
Known issue. Will be fixed for 2.2.3. Check Bug Reports section for more details.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]