Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mission Skill Scematics

Rufgar
12.22.2011 , 03:25 PM | #1
Having gotten a handful of these as my characters have progressed, it appears these are one use only mission quests when you learn them? Kinda a bummer if thats the case but on the same note, I am glad I havent splurged on buying the overpriced ones on the market.

If they are one time quests, is there anything special other than the reward bonanza you get from doing them? Like a chance at super sekrit plans or something?

hadoken
12.22.2011 , 03:40 PM | #2
The ones I've done so far seemed to have always given me both prototype and artifact rewards for all the stuff listed. Hopefully that's true accross the board and I'm not just insanely lucky.

Tristero
12.22.2011 , 03:47 PM | #3
I think they only bring back an insane amount of what you could otherwise collect on several other missions combined. For example with bioanalysis there are generally 2 types of things to collect: samples and compounds. For each tier there are generally 2 relevant samples and 2 relevant compounds you are working with depending what you are crafting.

The consumable unlock mission brought back a pile of ALL FOUR types, both kinds of samples and both kinds of compounds (and about 8 of each). Generally on a mission my companion comes back with 2-4 of just one of these types, so the unlocked mission brought back 6-10 'normal' missions worth of bounty in 1 trip.

Heads up: You do still have to pay to send your companion out. The mission takes roughly twice as long as comparable level missions. Your companion can still fail the mission and return with nothing.

As long as my buddy (slicer) keeps feeding me these missions I will be completing several a night and will update in this thread if I get anything out of the ordinary from an epic consumable mission.

Rufgar
12.22.2011 , 04:04 PM | #4
Yea, I've gotten some slicing ones as I too am a Slicer.

It just seems to me that you get the same rewards as if you were to run normal missions in that extended time frame, just better quality of items.

I guess that makes sense as it keeps the market going for those schematics as they are one time use and not repeatable without having the schematic again.