Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion Efficiency and Crit

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Companion Efficiency and Crit

Brahe
12.22.2011 , 03:18 PM | #1
so you companions skills. what exactly do they do?

I've gathered that efficiency is related to doing the missions faster, but any benefit from gathering at nodes? and what does the stat represent, percent reduction in time?

Crit, I'm even more lost on. So you have a better change for a critical sucess. ok, but what was you chance to start with and again is it a percent improvement

The stats that don't have either crit or eff, I assume is merely reducing the chance of failing the mission.

I'm trying to gauge just how much of a boost these stats give. your companions are set so it would make sense to build your crafting skills around you companions for things like crit chance.

If you started with say a 5% chance of crit and your companion adds 5% to that, it seems very important but if its factored in other ways it could be insignificant.

anyone know about this stuff?

DarthDemens
12.22.2011 , 03:26 PM | #2
Efficiency reduces the time a mission takes to complete. Based on watching my own companions, I'd guess that its percentage based reduction, that stacks with the reduction from your Affection. (Ex: My Khem Val has +15 Artifice efficiency. If I send him to craft an item that takes 2m33s, the actual timer starts at 2m3s. That's a 15% reduction from Efficiency, and about another 7s from Affection. Alternatively, its a 15s reduction, and another 15s from my Affection. Still trying to figure it out.)

Critical is the chance of returning with extra rewards. You'll know you've received a critical mission reward, because instead of the regular "So and So successfully completed the assignment" text, you'll get a bit of flavor text telling you how they did something extra special. Critical craftings have the chance to get either bonus stats, or add an Augment slot to weapons and armor. I would guess this is probably an additive % to whatever your standard criticals are. So, if the default crit chance is 5%, a +2 Critical would give you a 7% chance.

Tristero
12.22.2011 , 03:50 PM | #3
Still wondering:

Does companion affection affect crit? efficiency?
Does efficiency result in less failed missions?
Does affection result in less failed missions?

DregorThule
12.22.2011 , 03:57 PM | #4
I didn't realize affection related to mission length. That really makes the ship robot pretty terrible.

pdxmarcos
12.22.2011 , 04:01 PM | #5
The following work is credited to Malthrin (from EJ), he found the formula to determine the relationship between affection and the time it takes to complete a mission. He found that 0-450 affection provides a 1% decrease in time required to complete a mission with break points every 750 affection providing an additional 1% decrease in time.

The following shows how the percent of time it takes to complete a mission.

98% - 450 affection
97% - 1,200 affection
96% - 1,950 affection
95% - 2,700 affection
94% - 3,450 affection
93% - 4,200 affection
92% - 4,950 affection
91% - 5,700 affection
90% - 6,450 affection
89% - 7,200 affection
88% - 7,950 affection
87% - 8,700 affection
86% - 9,450 affection
85% - 10,200 affection (unobtainable)

Seraphfeather
06.05.2013 , 10:33 PM | #6
I also am wondering if Companion Affection has been proven to improve Critical Gathering or standard Success rate.

I searched for a table of increases, nada.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tristero View Post
Still wondering:

Does companion affection affect crit? efficiency?
Does efficiency result in less failed missions?
Does affection result in less failed missions?
"Evil will always Triumph, because good is dumb." -Dark Helmet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7XVcqZodAM

http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/75be3f89e11366b6.png

caronome
06.05.2013 , 10:54 PM | #7
The answers to most questions are at Dulfy

http://dulfy.net/2012/04/22/companio...nuses-for-1-2/

Quote: Originally Posted by DregorThule View Post
I didn't realize affection related to mission length. That really makes the ship robot pretty terrible.
I don't follow you. You can get the robot to the same 10000 affection as any other companions. Plus you can buy the mods that increase their crafting effectiveness. E.g. the syn and cyber are both +5% crit. So a ship droid at 10K affection with the mod would be +10% crit for syn or cyber with the proper mod. So for a lot of crafting the droid is as good as it gets.

caronome
06.05.2013 , 11:02 PM | #8
Note also that % is used improperly in most games or at least they frequently interchange/misuse % and percentage point.

A companion with no affection doing an orange mission will crit 10 times out of every hundred. At 10k, the "5%" will mean it will crit 15 times out of a hundred, which is 50% more than 10.

Khevar
06.05.2013 , 11:11 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by caronome View Post
Note also that % is used improperly in most games or at least they frequently interchange/misuse % and percentage point.

A companion with no affection doing an orange mission will crit 10 times out of every hundred. At 10k, the "5%" will mean it will crit 15 times out of a hundred, which is 50% more than 10.
Yep. The best you can get is:

Yellow Mission or Below (15%)
Full 10,000 affection (5%)
+5 crit chance for certain companions (5%)
Legacy of Crafting x 3 (3%)

= 28% crit chance, or 28 times out of 100.

Kira Carson has a +5 synth crit, and the ship droid can equip a +5 synth crit. If I queue up 10 augments to craft between the two of them and go to sleep, I have 12-13 when I log on in the morning almost every time.

RexxarLoh
12.12.2013 , 03:41 AM | #10
Hi,

I'm wonder if i have two companions each with +2 critical, can i stack the criticals to become a total of +4 critical?