Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are Sith inquisitors or Warriors more powerful?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Are Sith inquisitors or Warriors more powerful?

Girdeux
07.09.2013 , 10:15 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
More of, where in the storyline does it say "You suck with a lightsaber?" Why spec was brought up. Everyone is saying Warrior is better with the lightsaber. My Assassin would disagree
Doubt it, from what I remember in every inquistor story cutscene ive never seen a lightsaber battle. Its always force powers

Acidwire
07.09.2013 , 11:39 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Girdeux View Post
Doubt it, from what I remember in every inquistor story cutscene ive never seen a lightsaber battle. Its always force powers
Likely due to technical limitations that comes from the Inquisitor wielding either a single saber or double saber in cutscenes. Even a Mara will only wield one of their sabers in cutscenes, but a double saber is an entirely different animal to animate for.

Also, as mentioned before, the force is the Inquisitor's greatest strength, why would they default to a lightsaber when force lightning is a glorious long-range alternative?
.:SQUADRON 11.11.11:.
The Worldbreakers

Helig
07.10.2013 , 12:20 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Acidwire View Post
You seem to be implying that its a negative that one of the Assassin specs relies on sneak attacks despite the fact that the Inquisitor thrives on being a cunning SOB. My point is that the Inquisitor may be a force prodigy, but that does not mean that they'd be instantly torn to pieces if the Warrior got up in their face with a lightsaber.
I'm implying that toe to toe, the most lightsaber-using Sin spec can't stand against a Warrior. Speed, power, mastery of Control (as in Force discipline, not CC) - there is no contest really.
If you tank a Marauder with a non-Darkness-specced Sin without using Deflection, Low Slash, etc. then you *will* get torn to shreds almost-instantly. But if you drop on him, and use the CC you're given, you'll very likely come out on top.
That's the thing - Inquisitor wins by cunning and surprise in this case. The Warrior wins by discipline and skill.
Darkness is another matter - but high-level Darkness Sins rely on the Force more than their lightsaber for both, attack and defense.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Girdeux
07.10.2013 , 02:58 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Acidwire View Post
Likely due to technical limitations that comes from the Inquisitor wielding either a single saber or double saber in cutscenes. Even a Mara will only wield one of their sabers in cutscenes, but a double saber is an entirely different animal to animate for.

Also, as mentioned before, the force is the Inquisitor's greatest strength, why would they default to a lightsaber when force lightning is a glorious long-range alternative?
because the inquisitor is a force user and was hyped up to be before the game was released.

LadyKulvax
07.10.2013 , 08:51 AM | #55
I find it hilarious that people are using game mechanics to decide whether a Sith Warrior or Sith Assassin would be in the actual Star Wars universe, better lightsaber duellists.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Helig
07.10.2013 , 09:01 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
I find it hilarious that people are using game mechanics to decide whether a Sith Warrior or Sith Assassin would be in the actual Star Wars universe, better lightsaber duellists.
Wasn't the point. Besides, there are no "classes" in the lore.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Acidwire
07.10.2013 , 12:18 PM | #57
What Helig said. The point was that the Inquisitor is...an odd duck. A Warrior's AC's come down to 'how many lightsabers do you want to wield?', but regardless they're an excellent duelist.

The Inquisitor is different. They're only a skilled duelist if they choose to become an Assassin, but are still considered a force prodigy regardless. I feel like the story was written for the Inquisitor under the assumption that they were a Sorcerer.
.:SQUADRON 11.11.11:.
The Worldbreakers