Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardmode Operations Sustained DPS

AAAAzrael
07.09.2013 , 08:34 AM | #11
WIth Styrak (at least it 8-man, I haven't done 16) you can just bring 5 DPS and 1 tank. I will maybe loose aggro for 5 seconds maximum in a fight if there is sufficient rDPS for the choking adds. Then the DPS check is much less of an issue.

JDotter
07.09.2013 , 07:53 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by AAAAzrael View Post
WIth Styrak (at least it 8-man, I haven't done 16) you can just bring 5 DPS and 1 tank. I will maybe loose aggro for 5 seconds maximum in a fight if there is sufficient rDPS for the choking adds. Then the DPS check is much less of an issue.
Assuming you're a assassin and clear the stacking debuff in P2 of kell dragon? Or a off taunt and its healable while you drop stacks?

KeyboardNinja
07.09.2013 , 08:17 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by vdbswong View Post
I think most of my views are taken from my own group's experience... we've currently downed Styrak 3 times so far and each time we've always hit the enrage, yet technically we should have more than enough DPS by your calculations (if we go by Dummy numbers).

Currently trying to figure out if it's a DPS uptime problem or simply a DPS translation (from Dummy -> Boss) issue, but personally i'm going from ~2.5k-2.6k on a Dummy to ~2k-2.2k "during" and 2.4k "after". Although my numbers have been increasing each week, so it could possibly be i'm not familiar enough with the fight yet.
Are you sure your tanks are pulling their weight? Your healers? What about your other DPS? Numbers drop a lot with uneven DPS compositions due to the four adds mechanic.

I've observed that a lot of specs plummet on that fight. Anything with the word "Lethality" in it is in really bad shape due to the frequent debuff cleanses. Conversely, some specs see a nice buff. Infil shadows do worlds better on Styrak than on a dummy.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

AAAAzrael
07.10.2013 , 03:33 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JDotter View Post
Assuming you're a assassin and clear the stacking debuff in P2 of kell dragon? Or a off taunt and its healable while you drop stacks?
5 DPS can burn the dragon down just before the debuff kills me. I just need to time cooldowns right.

Ausgelebt
07.14.2013 , 01:00 PM | #15
Who will take care when you get kicked?