Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Lost Weapon?!

DarkCrossing's Avatar


DarkCrossing
07.09.2013 , 06:06 PM | #1
I'm a noob, been playing only a few days. My toon and his companion are lvl 17s, and somehow the companion lost her blaster. I don't know how or when it happened. I happened to notice her punching, looked at the character and found the blaster missing. Is there somewhere to get another blaster or does anyone know how/why this may have happened? She's almost useless without her weapon.

MSchuyler's Avatar


MSchuyler
07.09.2013 , 06:36 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkCrossing View Post
I'm a noob, been playing only a few days. My toon and his companion are lvl 17s, and somehow the companion lost her blaster. I don't know how or when it happened. I happened to notice her punching, looked at the character and found the blaster missing. Is there somewhere to get another blaster or does anyone know how/why this may have happened? She's almost useless without her weapon.
I'm going to lay out a possibility here that may be incorrect. It happened to me the first week or so I played. Are you SURE she lost her blaster? That can be seen in the character sheet below the toon of the character itself by pressing "C" for Character. Don't confuse this with the toolbar menu at the bottom of your main screen where there is likely a blaster-like icon. In other words, you may be confusing an ABILITY with a THING. The icons on your main menu are abilities, not things, that use (mostly) the same "blaster," i.e.: You can have Rapid Shots, Rail Shots, Death from Above, etc. (all Bounty Hunter stuff) that are different abilities with different characteristics, cooldowns, etc. that use the same "thing," the blaster. You NEVER ACTUALLY TOUCH the blaster itself on the character menu. You click on the abilities to use them.

How does the ability disappear? It's easy. First, your toolbar may be unlocked. Look at the bottom left. See the padlock icon? Is it "unlocked"? If it is, I'll bet you just managed to drop the ability-you-thought-was-a-blaster. When you're moving fast it's easy to do. To get it back, take a look in your Abilities Menu (At the top. I forget what it looks like, so just scroll through the icons until you see "Abilities." Look through the Abilities list. I'll bet you'll find your "blaster" on there. Just grab it and re-insert it on your toolbar, then LOCK the toolbar by clicking on the padlock to prevent it from happening again.

Now, I've either nailed this right on or I'm so off the mark that it is embarrassing.

blindxsecrets's Avatar


blindxsecrets
07.09.2013 , 07:14 PM | #3
The only thing I can think of besides what the poster above me mentioned, is to go to a vendor...any vendor...and click the buy back option and see if the weapon is listed. Could be you unequipped it without realizing it and then sold it accidentally.
Founder of SWTOR, been here since early access! 5-year-vet of SWG. Chimaera. Chilastra. Sunrunner. Bria. <3

mike_is_valid's Avatar


mike_is_valid
07.09.2013 , 08:59 PM | #4
You can buy a new one quite cheap on GTN, so don't worry.

DarkCrossing's Avatar


DarkCrossing
07.10.2013 , 10:32 AM | #5
Ok I got the toon's old weapon by buying it back from a vendor, then later on got a better one from a mission. I did check the Abilities and the original pistol was not there, it had just disappeared.

I'm going to have to start wearing my glasses while I'm playing. I never saw the lock on the toolbar, and yes it was unlocked, but not any longer. Yes I did lose an ability from there on another toon and wondered why that happened! Ahhh the wonders of Noobness!

Oh and thank you for telling me I could buy a weapon at GTN. The problem with that is I'm new to the game (Noob) and haven't a clue what GTN is!

PLynkes's Avatar


PLynkes
07.10.2013 , 10:38 AM | #6
My brand new Consular lost her jacket on Tython the other day. No idea how that happened either. It was just not there when I logged in. She was running around fighting Flesh-Raiders in her sports bra.

How embarrassing.

Adric_the_Red's Avatar


Adric_the_Red
07.10.2013 , 12:23 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkCrossing View Post
Oh and thank you for telling me I could buy a weapon at GTN. The problem with that is I'm new to the game (Noob) and haven't a clue what GTN is!
GTN = Galactic Trade Network. It's roughly equivalent to what other MMOs call the "Auction House", except that it's more like a consignment store than an auction, since there is no bidding process. Folks put stuff up for sale at whatever price, and the item either sells at that price or it doesn't.

AlixMV's Avatar


AlixMV
07.10.2013 , 03:12 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by MSchuyler View Post
I'm going to lay out a possibility here that may be incorrect. It happened to me the first week or so I played. Are you SURE she lost her blaster? That can be seen in the character sheet below the toon of the character itself by pressing "C" for Character.
The fact that he mentioned the Companion punching is a strong suggestion that the blaster did get unequipped out of the Character sheet.
~ Jedi Covenant ~ (formerly Kass City & Canderous Ordo)
Sollyni ~ Brixyl ~ Jynnifyr / Serateh ~ Ydris