NMTFB and NMSV Ops Progression

Denchet

So Denchet, when we kill tfb tonight ( assuming we do ) can we get credit for server first all guild clear... Seeing how hatred used a pug and has posted no apparent screenshot of a full legitimate writhing horror kill, that would make us first, right???

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what I'm getting out of this is that your upset because people are coming to Haterade instead of Hatred? I'm sorry we're a more appealing guild.

me upset? why, just saying u taking the good guys from the competition in servers thats it, destroying other guilds groups, picking their best players, forming them in yours with alts, its a cheap, but good strat. after all.... your next SS can be " everything thats left from Harbringer's raiders / Haterade" lol.

My group A is ranked world second, my group A.2 is, well, unless u didnt upload a tfb kill, second best in the server, i dont see why i would be mad lol..., but oh well... all i am saying is i would have rather have them joining here, with their full raid groups and help them progress, but... its their choice :)

Besides that, i agree, haterade is a more appealing guild, the great reputation, the good name, the awesome progress, the nice guild leader... i wont disagree with you there :)., for once we agree :)

Unlike the wannabe detectives in APEX who throw around wild accusations with no supporting evidence, I have it on good authority that the following transpired:

1. The NMTFB patch was originally scheduled for release on Tuesday, June 11.

2. Based on the PTS, everyone assumed the bosses would be super easy, with the server-first kill going to whichever guild could start raiding the earliest.

3. Accordingly, Hatred had members take June 11 off work so they could login as soon as the servers came back online after maintenance.

4. On short notice, the patch was delayed until Wednesday, June 12.

5. One of Hatred's tanks, Thiol, could not get that day off work.

6. Panicking because they might not get a server first, Hatred convinced Rolly to temporarily switch guild tags for the day.

7. After defeating Writhing Horror, everyone quickly discovered that Dread Council is much harder than the PTS version, so Hatred could wait until Thiol is available before progressing further.

8. Rolly returned to Select Few and joined them for their Writhing Horror kill.

Now, I don't doubt for a second that Hatred would have still earned the sever-first clear even if they didn't temporarily tag Rolly as a ringer. However, does that count as cheating under Denchet's rules as posted in the OP and therefore disqualify them from the rankings? That's not my call...

Edited by Uglyworm

So Denchet, when we kill tfb tonight ( assuming we do ) can we get credit for server first all guild clear... Seeing how hatred used a pug and has posted no apparent screenshot of a full legitimate writhing horror kill, that would make us first, right???

sigh.. lol this guy ^... http://www.twitch.tv/zakiro2/b/425049650

http://www.twitch.tv/zakiro2/b/425062174

you can be happy with 3rd place too, our second group killed last night... you can inspect aysua milas cheating vindrik sorvali beastfury bothari's (Hwynn my alt) achievement, didnt bother posting SS on that, didnt want marco giving me another cookie, the first one wasnt good :S....

.... destroying other guilds groups, picking their best players, forming them in yours with alts, its a cheap, but good strat ....

Are you accusing us of somehow breaking other guilds up? That's petty Carl, even for you.

Unlike the wannabe detectives in APEX who throw around wild accusations with no supporting evidence, I have it on good authority that the following transpired:

1. The NMTFB patch was originally scheduled for release on Tuesday, June 11.

2. Based on the PTS, everyone assumed the bosses would be super easy, with the server-first kill going to whichever guild could start raiding the earliest.

3. Accordingly, Hatred had members take June 11 off work so they could login as soon as the servers came back online after maintenance.

4. On short notice, the patch was delayed until Wednesday, June 12.

5. One of Hatred's tanks, Thiol, could not get that day off work.

6. Panicking because they might not get a server first, Hatred convinced Rolly to temporarily switch guild tags for the day.

7. After defeating Writhing Horror, everyone quickly discovered that Dread Council is much harder than the PTS version, so Hatred could wait until Thiol is available before progressing further.

8. Rolly returned to Select Few and joined them for their Writhing Horror kill.

Now, I don't for a second doubt that Hatred would have still earned the sever-first clear even if they didn't temporarily tag Rolly as a ringer. However, does that count as cheating under Denchet's rules as posted in the OP and therefore disqualify them from the rankings? That's not my call...

The way Danchet worded the rules would seem to imply that Hatred hosed us on our 16m kill, since their kill with Rolly came before ours, and the wording states that players will be locked to the first guild they killed with.

A character becomes "locked" when it gets a kill for a guild. For example, lets say I get a kill with Tatooine Royal Navy on my main, Denchet. The character Denchet is now locked to TRN. If I try and help another guild on Denchet, that kill won't count. The only way to become "unlocked" is if the guild you are locked to disbands. This rule will be loosened two weeks after the raid is cleared in order to allow characters to permanently switch to a different guild. People constantly switching back and forth to different guilds to act as ringers will never be allowed, though. This will obviously be somewhat subjective and the final call is up to me.

Obviously, in this case, it was Hatred using the "ringer," but regardless, the wording screws Select Few over. Had we been aware of this, we would have either used my tank or that of someone else in the guild, but as was said, the call is Denchet's. Also immaterial, as Hatred streamed their title run, which occurred before anyone else cleared the Op, and I don't believe they used any ringers in that run.

Are you accusing us of somehow breaking other guilds up? That's petty Carl, even for you.

nah, you just take their best players before/during progress and dont care about the rest, call it the way you like, not saying its bad for you, its a smart move... but now u have haterades with a lot of benched people merged with alts, and 3 guilds reforming with patch coming in two days lol... would rather have hatred hatreade X X X X guilds working on progress, instead of that, but yeah... whatever works... i know SF is probably in good shape by now, and they will work things out, but still, its a D*** move to steal Core raiders from other guilds right during progress... just that :D.

nah, you just take their best players before/during progress and dont care about the rest, call it the way you like, not saying its bad for you, its a smart move... but now u have haterades with a lot of benched people merged with alts, and 3 guilds reforming with patch coming in two days lol... would rather have hatred hatreade X X X X guilds working on progress, instead of that, but yeah... whatever works... i know SF is probably in good shape by now, and they will work things out, but still, its a D*** move to steal Core raiders from other guilds right during progress... just that :D.

Carl, you get sensitive when you're hungry... Have a Snickers.

I'm not one to really argue on the forums (cookie jokes aside), but I just wanted to reiterate that everyone you've seen in our kill videos has joined up with Haterade on their own, never having been "recruited" or "stolen". Varying reasons obviously, but you're making it sound like people were being sold into indentured servitude to Mithril or something.

Carl, I really don't like your accusations of Haterade 'stealing' people from other guilds. You are flat out making that up and I think it really shows the type of person you are and the type of guild you run.

Carl, you get sensitive when you're hungry... Have a Snickers.

I'm not one to really argue on the forums (cookie jokes aside), but I just wanted to reiterate that everyone you've seen in our kill videos has joined up with Haterade on their own, never having been "recruited" or "stolen". Varying reasons obviously, but you're making it sound like people were being sold into indentured servitude to Mithril or something.

lol i like your link joke style lets be honest :)... different style than we usually have.... oh no its not like that, but you can say he loves knowing when guilds/good players are having problems, and like taking players that way... also i am just trolling with him a bit, its fun :)... right? :)

Carl, I really don't like your accusations of Haterade 'stealing' people from other guilds. You are flat out making that up and I think it really shows the type of person you are and the type of guild you run.

oh, again i am not accusing anyone, just saying what is true... you take people from other guilds progress groups during progress, often... never say you were wrong, guild leaders recruit the best when / where they come, but would rather have more guilds competing in server, than more groups inside the same guild... not sure why you so offended with that.

Can we please stop talking about different groups within guilds that are better then whole guilds. A guild clear is a guild clear, if you really want that extra e-peen feel, have the second group form another guild then have then also claim kills.

oh, again i am not accusing anyone, just saying what is true... you take people from other guilds progress groups during progress, often... never say you were wrong, guild leaders recruit the best when / where they come, but would rather have more guilds competing in server, than more groups inside the same guild... not sure why you so offended with that.

You have insinuated in multiple posts that we are breaking groups up and 'stealing' the good players, sounds like an accusation to me. I know English is your second language so maybe you need to take a bit more care in the way you word things or find a better angle with which to troll.

Edited by xBeldin

Can we please stop talking about different groups within guilds that are better then whole guilds. A guild clear is a guild clear, if you really want that extra e-peen feel, have the second group form another guild then have then also claim kills.

the discussion is not, second gruops being better than whole guilds, the discussion is when best players from "one guilds core group" become second group on another guild (who dont compete as different guild) .... besides that, we just having fun here, come on :S

You have insinuated in multiple posts that we are breaking groups up and 'stealing' the good players, sounds like an accusation to me. I know English is your second language so maybe you need to take a bit more care in the way you word things or find a better angle with which to troll.

i may have to agree with you in that ( no trolling) :)

As one of these Haterade members that was "recruited" recently and was in the top group in Animosity previously, let me clear the air. Haterade didn't specifically recruit anyone from Animosity, to my knowledge. A month or so back we had 4 of our best group's members leave the guild due to disagreements with the way things were run. They formed their own guild, were unable or unwilling to rebuild a complete raid team, and joined Haterade because they knew members and liked the way things were run.

Much more recently, the remaining four of us in the top Animosity group also felt we either were unable or unwilling to rebuild our top group, and missed playing with the people we had previously run with. We left Animosity and are all thus far pretty alright with running in group 2 our first week and downing a fight we had been having trouble with previously.

So please, get bent. I don't like being told I've got no will of my own and that I've been stolen from a dying guild for the glory of Haterade. I made my own choices, Animosity is one raid team down, but not dead, and I'm pretty alright with the choices made.

As one of these Haterade members that was "recruited" recently and was in the top group in Animosity previously, let me clear the air. Haterade didn't specifically recruit anyone from Animosity, to my knowledge. A month or so back we had 4 of our best group's members leave the guild due to disagreements with the way things were run. They formed their own guild, were unable or unwilling to rebuild a complete raid team, and joined Haterade because they knew members and liked the way things were run.

Much more recently, the remaining four of us in the top Animosity group also felt we either were unable or unwilling to rebuild our top group, and missed playing with the people we had previously run with. We left Animosity and are all thus far pretty alright with running in group 2 our first week and downing a fight we had been having trouble with previously.

So please, get bent. I don't like being told I've got no will of my own and that I've been stolen from a dying guild for the glory of Haterade. I made my own choices, Animosity is one raid team down, but not dead, and I'm pretty alright with the choices made.

yup just trolling around dont worry too much :)

I just want to say that this thread and the path it has taken gives me great hope that the trolling on Harbinger is not yet dead despite the server losing some pretty good trolls who wanted to go troll with friends they've been trolling with since launch. Harbinger will rebuild its top troll team with some of the talent that has decided to step up and be counted on this thread.

Well done.

- DrNefarious

<Animosity>

I just want to say that this thread and the path it has taken gives me great hope that the trolling on Harbinger is not yet dead despite the server losing some pretty good trolls who wanted to go troll with friends they've been trolling with since launch. Harbinger will rebuild its top troll team with some of the talent that has decided to step up and be counted on this thread.

Well done.

- DrNefarious

<Animosity>

indeed, we must show that pve trolls are just as good as pvp trolls.

Important notice:

I've decided to quit playing SWTOR, which means I won't be able to maintain the progression thread anymore. If you aren't subbed you can't use the forums. Its been fun everyone, and I wish you all the best of luck on your future raiding. I hope someone takes over where I left off, and I've tried to make that as easy as possible. Here is a google doc which has all the formatting I used for the first three posts of this thread:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16X9PQypXam2yUFjbJK4aZVwE7r75sc2AzZOj7T8A9sw/edit

It should be pretty easy to figure out, I separated the three posts using big red letters. If anyone wants to copy my formatting exactly, use it as a base to setup your own style, or whatever, I'm fine with that. Its really pretty easy to maintain the thread; it only takes 30secs~ per update. Just have to make sure you check it for updates at least once a day.

I've decided I'm not going to "make a ruling" regarding the controversy yesterday, I'll leave that up to whoever decides to take over the thread.

Lastly, goodbye to everyone who I've played with and talked to on the forums. Its been fun running this, and I'm gonna miss it.

Haterade

8 Man NiM

TFB

Important notice:

I've decided to quit playing SWTOR, which means I won't be able to maintain the progression thread anymore. If you aren't subbed you can't use the forums. Its been fun everyone, and I wish you all the best of luck on your future raiding.

Sorry to see you go! Thanks for organizing this as long as you did and dealing with all the subsequent shenanigans that went along with it.

Edited by axmarcusxa