Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fireworks are getting more expensive and worse in quality.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Fireworks are getting more expensive and worse in quality.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
07.09.2013 , 04:08 PM | #11 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
I feel like I am the odd man out in that I really don't like fireworks! I know it is very not 'MURICA! of me.

Remember that firework that went up into the sky and blew up loudly into some colors? Me too, it is called all of them I wish I could appreciate them more, I just can't get into them.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

GalnarDegana
07.09.2013 , 04:36 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Remember that firework that went up into the sky and blew up loudly into some colors? Me too, it is called all of them I wish I could appreciate them more, I just can't get into them.

-eric
Hahaha, this seriously was my thoughts for a long time, then I became a chemist and learned what made the different colors, so now I really enjoy them!

It is funny, when I first saw this post, I thought it was some complaint that the fireworks in the Cartel Market weren't up to snuff. Glad to see it was RL complaints, which are probably true.

Not one for doing fireworks personally, but I do like watching them.

TheBBP
07.09.2013 , 05:05 PM | #13
I feel like I am the odd man out in that I really don't like fireworks! I know it is very not 'MURICA! of me.

-eric
I feel that way after the experience that we had last week.

How many days left till football season anyways?
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

theborch
07.09.2013 , 05:39 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
I feel that way after the experience that we had last week.

How many days left till football season anyways?
too damn many...
The Bastion - The BaconStrips Legacy
DukeOfCypress LVL 52 Rage Jugg * WhiskeyLube LVL 50 Seer Sage * PantsHammer LVL 50 Sawbones Scoundrel

Obirayy
07.09.2013 , 06:27 PM | #15

-eric
You need to light them while you're holding them and point them at people... Much more fun
Mum: you need to get a life.
Me: but I've already got 10!

<Two Girls One Cup>

theborch
07.10.2013 , 10:36 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Obirayy View Post
You need to light them while you're holding them and point them at people... Much more fun
Chasing people around with large lit fountains is pretty damn entertaining.
DukeOfCypress LVL 52 Rage Jugg * WhiskeyLube LVL 50 Seer Sage * PantsHammer LVL 50 Sawbones Scoundrel

BurnedRemains
07.10.2013 , 10:44 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Obirayy View Post
QFT. @OP, what do you expect yo? EVERY corporation is literally trying to suck our money away anymore.

chuixupu
07.10.2013 , 01:24 PM | #18

-eric
Hey Eric, have you ever seen Disneyland fireworks show? They're definitely something special. Especially the Christmas shows.

I agree with the OP that the "safe" fireworks you can buy at the stands are getting worse and worse. When I was a kid, we had the cool sparklers with the metal stick that could burn your hands off and the Snakes that actually lasted a long time (and permanently burned black spots into the sidewalk). Also the Piccalo Peets that you could modify to shoot up into the sky and land on people's roofs. I miss those days.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

theborch
07.10.2013 , 03:19 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Hey Eric, have you ever seen Disneyland fireworks show? They're definitely something special. Especially the Christmas shows.

I agree with the OP that the "safe" fireworks you can buy at the stands are getting worse and worse. When I was a kid, we had the cool sparklers with the metal stick that could burn your hands off and the Snakes that actually lasted a long time (and permanently burned black spots into the sidewalk). Also the Piccalo Peets that you could modify to shoot up into the sky and land on people's roofs. I miss those days.
You just reminded me of why I probably don't care about fireworks. I worked at Disneyland for 6 years during school and the only thing that excites me about the Disneyland firework show now is that the lines for the rides get shorter.

chuixupu
07.11.2013 , 01:32 AM | #20
Guess it depends on the person. My fiance worked at Disneyland for several years and he still enjoys going there and seeing the fireworks.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant