Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are Sith inquisitors or Warriors more powerful?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Are Sith inquisitors or Warriors more powerful?

Griad
07.09.2013 , 05:04 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Axe_Faktor View Post
^
I'd argue that just because you can't die doesn't mean you can't be defeated.

I think in terms of the class stories, the warrior comes off as the more powerful individual. But the OP asked about inquisitorS and warriorS. With that in mind, I tend to think of inquisitors as far more powerful than warriors. Politically and in terms of raw prowess with the force, I'd bet on an inquisitor over a warrior most of the time. There are exceptions, sure. The Wrath, Darth Marr, Darth Malgus. Clearly hugely powerful warriors, and in no small part because of the influence they hold. But if you look at who pulls most of the strings, and who does most of the whacked out super duper dark side stuff, inquisitors take the cake, imo.
To be fair alot of sith inquisitors have killed Darth Malgus solo

And on top of that i am fairly certain that a Sith assassin will be a pretty even match for the warrior considering, what he is capable to do. I never really felt the class story of the inquisitor matched the assassin adv. class, it felt more like a sorc class quest

So the warrior would be banging down doors killing everything in sight while the assassin would, well you get the picture.
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

Acidwire
07.09.2013 , 11:35 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Why is the Warrior even considered to be more powerful in melee combat, when my Inquisitor and Shadow kicked butt in melee with their lightsaber?
This is an excellent point. We're all assuming the Inquisitor has no lightsaber skill whatsoever despite the fact that there's an entire AC that focuses on its lightsaber combat.
.:SQUADRON 11.11.11:.
The Worldbreakers

Helig
07.09.2013 , 12:08 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Acidwire View Post
This is an excellent point. We're all assuming the Inquisitor has no lightsaber skill whatsoever despite the fact that there's an entire AC that focuses on its lightsaber combat.
Not really - all Sin specs use less melee powers than Warrior specs, save for Rage - but even then only 1 Sin spec relies more than Rage on melee - Deception, but it's not a toe-to-toe spec either - it's surprise and control-oriented.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

fellblade
07.09.2013 , 12:25 PM | #44
Hard to Say as both are player Characters....

However, with the Forcewalking abilities - I just think that the Inquisitor has more potential than the Warrior...

Personally I think that the Forcewalking ability has just been touched upon and used in kind of a desperate emergency to counter Thanaton. Now that the Inquistor has overcome him and is part of the Dark Council (somewhat grudgingly) and is somewhat free to explore the Esoteric Secrets of the force - I think that there may be a lot more secrets to be unlocked with this power (or a way to amp up yourself to ridiculous levels)
Remember that very few people in history had this ability - and even all those that had it could only bind one ghost at a time ... The Inquisitor is the only person that was able to bind more than one spirit - in fact the inquisitor was able to Bind 4 - This gives a lot of scope of what a good Writer could do with the Inquisitor and can easily be used to explain why the Inquisitor could justifiably surpass everyone else

I can see the Warrior as the Right hand of the Emperor - but I could see the Inquisitor potentially eventually being able to surpass the Dark Council and then even becoming the Emperor.......
Quote: Originally Posted by Barringer View Post
Tulak Hord is only an unknown because he killed anyone that has ever seen him fight.

Acidwire
07.09.2013 , 01:24 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
Not really - all Sin specs use less melee powers than Warrior specs, save for Rage - but even then only 1 Sin spec relies more than Rage on melee - Deception, but it's not a toe-to-toe spec either - it's surprise and control-oriented.
You seem to be implying that its a negative that one of the Assassin specs relies on sneak attacks despite the fact that the Inquisitor thrives on being a cunning SOB. My point is that the Inquisitor may be a force prodigy, but that does not mean that they'd be instantly torn to pieces if the Warrior got up in their face with a lightsaber.
The Worldbreakers

SithKoriandr
07.09.2013 , 04:42 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Acidwire View Post
You seem to be implying that its a negative that one of the Assassin specs relies on sneak attacks despite the fact that the Inquisitor thrives on being a cunning SOB. My point is that the Inquisitor may be a force prodigy, but that does not mean that they'd be instantly torn to pieces if the Warrior got up in their face with a lightsaber.
I know I don't tend to rely on stealth on my Sin/Shadow (Deception/Infiltration specs). And control? I shoot lightning/throw a boulder that if I'm lucky might stun an enemy. Low Strike does have the stun, but never relied on it.

But that spec is rather simple spec imo (but also more fun imo). My Rage/Force (think that was the Rep side equivalent spec) Spec didn't use force abilities as much (Smash had some Force Effect) though I did like to throw in Force Choke all the time.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

jankiel
07.09.2013 , 06:00 PM | #47
edit

nvm
Coris of The Progenitor

Girdeux
07.09.2013 , 08:52 PM | #48
why are yous bringing specs into this? gameplay mechanics arent canon.

SithKoriandr
07.09.2013 , 09:55 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Girdeux View Post
why are yous bringing specs into this? gameplay mechanics arent canon.
More of, where in the storyline does it say "You suck with a lightsaber?" Why spec was brought up. Everyone is saying Warrior is better with the lightsaber. My Assassin would disagree
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Acidwire
07.09.2013 , 10:07 PM | #50
I'd even argue that, given how much more dangerous it is to wield a double-bladed lightsaber, an assassin should be far more skilled in lightsaber combat than the warrior considering they can, at best, flail wildly with a saber in each hand.
The Worldbreakers