Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

JK & SW endings arent concurrent

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
JK & SW endings arent concurrent

Darth_Wicked
07.09.2013 , 01:02 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Girdeux View Post
That isn't what I said at all. What I said was, the emperors hand lied to the warrior when they told you the emperors voice was defeated while you were dealing with Baras. It isn't possible when you fit it into a timeline.
You're just reading too much into it. It was a figure of speech, nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't mean that the two events took place simultaneously really.

There was no lie nor there was any deception; The main content of the e-mail, which stats that the Voice of the Emperor suffered a terrible blow at the hands of the Jedi Knight remains true. No need to be so picky about it.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by Guss This: A Failed Padawan Story
Have you heard this one? "There once was a Mon Cal from Dac. He wore a jetpack on his back..."
"He liked to shoot blasters, and fly even faster. He was a Mando-Cal attack."

Callaron
07.09.2013 , 04:06 AM | #12
I don't see how the Jedi Knight has anything to feel bad about, to me it was clear the Emperor wasn't "dead" from the start (probably in no small part due to playing the SW storyline first).
The JK still took down the most powerful thing the Empire has to offer, and pretty much crippled him for who knows how long.
Taking out the Emperor means there's no one there to steer the Dark Council on the right course, AKA against the Republic and NOT against each other.
Spoiler
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

Darth_Wicked
07.09.2013 , 05:45 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Callaron View Post
I don't see how the Jedi Knight has anything to feel bad about, to me it was clear the Emperor wasn't "dead" from the start (probably in no small part due to playing the SW storyline first).
The JK still took down the most powerful thing the Empire has to offer, and pretty much crippled him for who knows how long.
Taking out the Emperor means there's no one there to steer the Dark Council on the right course, AKA against the Republic and NOT against each other.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Have you heard this one? "There once was a Mon Cal from Dac. He wore a jetpack on his back..."

SithKoriandr
07.09.2013 , 07:26 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Spoiler
Spoiler
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Pietrastor
07.09.2013 , 07:39 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
I've played all the storylines to completion, and I don't recall seeing anything that said the Emperor was alive and well, body and soul.
You forgot/missed it then, because the Hand of the Emperor tells it to the Warrior at the end of Warrior story.

And many are moronic. You see it in the JK storyline when the Emperor has people who know the plan and still want to make it happen.

But my point wasn't that a Sith would say "Yeah! Kill me!" but rather "Yeah! That's my goal too!"
The delusional idiots who think "Emperor will totally resurrect me later" only go for the plan. In any case, it is absolutely obvious that Bioware wrote this character to have him easily be a villain for both factions.

Darth_Wicked
07.09.2013 , 09:03 AM | #16
Spoiler
Spoiler