Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Clarification: Color Vibrancy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Clarification: Color Vibrancy
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sindorin
07.09.2013 , 08:16 AM | #1
Is the color vibrancy update to the game's graphics engine still on track for the next big update planned for next month? I'm really looking forward to what the development team has planned for that, but in the latest insider, I heard nothing about it for 2.3 or 2.4. Can you clarify that for me? Thanks!
< White Rose >
For The Republic!
Oya, Surtr! Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum!

gorstram
07.09.2013 , 08:18 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindorin View Post
Is the color vibrancy update to the game's graphics engine still on track for the next big update planned for next month? I'm really looking forward to what the development team has planned for that, but in the latest insider, I heard nothing about it for 2.3 or 2.4. Can you clarify that for me? Thanks!
This is a good question. Also, will this have any negative impacts on us players that play this on a veritable toaster oven?
PO5:
Finklefett- 55 Merc (Gungans Ate My Baby)
Finkleboom- 55 Mando w/ 25% more Jesus Beams <OOTAP>
Finkle'Fabulous- 55 Vanguard: "The Big Pink Tank" <OOTAP>

ninjonxb
07.09.2013 , 08:19 AM | #3
I would assume it is on track for 2.3. There are videos and image comparisons out there with the changes from the PTS
Free goodies (referral link)
Thank you Bioware for adding in Same Sex Story Arcs .^.
How I feel reading the SWTOR forums http://i.imgur.com/tCp90.gif
SWTOR Calendar of Events(Forum Post)(Google Calendar, iCal, Twitter)

Superman_AZ
07.09.2013 , 08:24 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
I would assume it is on track for 2.3. There are videos and image comparisons out there with the changes from the PTS
Hopefully this is a great indicator, but I'm sure the list of "what happens on PTS" vs. "what makes it into the game" is still slightly varied. Clarification on this would be great
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

ElitehunterDS
07.09.2013 , 08:25 AM | #5
The most important thing is will it affect performance? Engine is already a major resource hog, dont need to get worse.
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

ninjonxb
07.09.2013 , 08:25 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Superman_AZ View Post
Hopefully this is a great indicator, but I'm sure the list of "what happens on PTS" vs. "what makes it into the game" is still slightly varied. Clarification on this would be great
Honestly, I can't think of anything (at least not this big) that was on the PTS and did not make it live (unless they said it would not, like NiM TfB and the instant 55 terminal)
Free goodies (referral link)
Thank you Bioware for adding in Same Sex Story Arcs .^.
How I feel reading the SWTOR forums http://i.imgur.com/tCp90.gif
SWTOR Calendar of Events(Forum Post)(Google Calendar, iCal, Twitter)

TUXs
07.09.2013 , 08:26 AM | #7
It's still in the PTS patch notes for 2.3 - what don't you understand about that?

Here's the note:
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

BruceMaclean
07.09.2013 , 08:37 AM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by gorstram View Post
This is a good question. Also, will this have any negative impacts on us players that play this on a veritable toaster oven?
This is indeed still on track for 2.3! It is very near zero impact in terms of effect on performance but to protect those playing on less beefy machines like your toaster oven (there's nothing wrong with toaster ovens!) this feature will be off if the graphics quality preset is set to Low or Very Low.
Bruce Maclean | Senior Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

OddballEasyEight
07.09.2013 , 08:44 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS View Post
The most important thing is will it affect performance? Engine is already a major resource hog, dont need to get worse.
From what ive heard, yes it does affect performance... for the better

gorstram
07.09.2013 , 09:10 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
This is indeed still on track for 2.3! It is very near zero impact in terms of effect on performance but to protect those playing on less beefy machines like your toaster oven (there's nothing wrong with toaster ovens!) this feature will be off if the graphics quality preset is set to Low or Very Low.
Good to know, thank you! On the plus side, while I'm doing FP's and OP's I can simultaneously cook a Totino's pizza.
PO5:
Finklefett- 55 Merc (Gungans Ate My Baby)
Finkleboom- 55 Mando w/ 25% more Jesus Beams <OOTAP>
Finkle'Fabulous- 55 Vanguard: "The Big Pink Tank" <OOTAP>