Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Obsidian wants to make KotOR 3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Obsidian wants to make KotOR 3

LadyKulvax
07.09.2013 , 06:53 AM | #1
Obsidian Entertainment would love to do Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 3 in any fashion, according to lead writer Chris Avellone.

How do you think KotOR 3 would work, would it replace The Old Republic: Revan and re-tell the story in a very expanded tone or would it be based on something entirely different?

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/1...ld-republic-3/
"The Dark Jedi are in many ways more dangerous than the Sith."
Republic Justice

drGudo
07.09.2013 , 07:06 AM | #2
Personally, I would keep Revan for future SWTOR content.
Reborn 2 or something like that.

About Kotor 3 I'd like to see something new...

My 2 cents.
Rheigan, Human Marauder Carnage Pa'tong, Zabrak Powertech Shield Tech
<Dread Masters>
The Red Eclipse

ImmortalLowlife
07.09.2013 , 07:46 AM | #3
I say let em make it! But tell a new story in a different time. Say 2000-3000 years after KOTOR. That way it won't overlap anything in TOR timeline.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

Server: The Shadowlands/ Guild~The Elite Imperial Guard & Order of the Light~

LadyKulvax
07.09.2013 , 07:46 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
I say let em make it! But tell a new story in a different time. Say 2000-3000 years after KOTOR. That way it won't overlap anything in TOR timeline.
Then it wouldnt be KotOR 3 though.
Republic Justice

Beniboybling
07.09.2013 , 07:51 AM | #5
I'd love to see it, and I don't mean to be a downer, but its never going to happen.

Yes there is a 300 year period in which in could easily take place without causing any continuity issues or retcons, but from a business perspective its highly inadvisable. Mainly because if KOTOR 3 were produced and released I can assure you that there would be a mass exodus from SWTOR to play the new game and BioWare would experience a massive drop in subscribers. And right now BioWare can't afford that.

Really write now the Star Wars RPG market is somewhat off limits, which is a shame.

LadyKulvax
07.09.2013 , 07:58 AM | #6
They can easily tie the game in with SWTOR.

Hell if they wanted they could make it a separate expansion to SWTOR, EVE does that all the time.
Republic Justice

Beniboybling
07.09.2013 , 08:01 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
They can easily tie the game in with SWTOR.

Hell if they wanted they could make it a separate expansion to SWTOR, EVE does that all the time.
Hmm, that is a possibility.

Airmo
07.09.2013 , 08:07 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I'd love to see it, and I don't mean to be a downer, but its never going to happen.

Yes there is a 300 year period in which in could easily take place without causing any continuity issues or retcons, but from a business perspective its highly inadvisable. Mainly because if KOTOR 3 were produced and released I can assure you that there would be a mass exodus from SWTOR to play the new game and BioWare would experience a massive drop in subscribers. And right now BioWare can't afford that.

Really write now the Star Wars RPG market is somewhat off limits, which is a shame.
I really don't see that happening.. I mean yeah I have no doubt it would be a good game but there's no way the game would have as much content as SWTOR. People might take a break to play but unsubscribing to play a game they could finish in a few days?? I doubt it.
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

LadyKulvax
07.09.2013 , 08:09 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Airmo View Post
I really don't see that happening.. I mean yeah I have no doubt it would be a good game but there's no way the game would have as much content as SWTOR. People might take a break to play but unsubscribing to play a game they could finish in a few days?? I doubt it.
The KotOR fans most likely translate into fans of the story when playing this game, the story in this game is so spread apart by filler questlines that it becomes hard to enjoy the momentum of the story, at least I find it this way.
Republic Justice

Beniboybling
07.09.2013 , 08:30 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Airmo View Post
Taking a break is where the problem lies. If KOTOR 3 were to be released thousands and thousands of players will unsubscribe (temporarily or not) to play KOTOR 3. Which could continue for months on end (given that different people will buy the game at different times) if not longer - which could potentially harming player experience. And while they may come back but that's still money lost.

Then again you've got to balance that out with the fact that KOTOR 3 itself will generate a profit (though some of that will go to Obsidian) and may encourage new gamers to play SWTOR.

I guess it is a possibility, but BioWare would have to weigh up the pros and cons.