Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are Sith inquisitors or Warriors more powerful?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Are Sith inquisitors or Warriors more powerful?

TalonVII
07.08.2013 , 12:30 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Dak_fireraker View Post
Speaking in "Pure combat terms" the Warrior is the more powerful in melee combat using his lightsaber prowess. The Inquisitor is the more powerful force user using lighting/leech abilities. With that in mind, I guess it boils down to can the Warrior cut the inquistior in 1/2 b4 the Inquistior lights the warrior up like a 4th of july fireworks display?
Basically this in a nutshell.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquisitor, Smuggler

SithKoriandr
07.08.2013 , 06:06 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Dak_fireraker View Post
Speaking in "Pure combat terms" the Warrior is the more powerful in melee combat using his lightsaber prowess. The Inquisitor is the more powerful force user using lighting/leech abilities. With that in mind, I guess it boils down to can the Warrior cut the inquistior in 1/2 b4 the Inquistior lights the warrior up like a 4th of july fireworks display?
Why is the Warrior even considered to be more powerful in melee combat, when my Inquisitor and Shadow kicked butt in melee with their lightsaber?
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Arijharn
07.08.2013 , 06:48 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Ah I thought you were attempting to use it as if it means someone else had passed them in power.
I honestly think that's a ridiculous position to take. The keyword being 'were', as in... they were but no longer. Why? Because some of them are dead (Jadus is captured, but I doubt the council would let him live due to the whole Sattelite business idea he had... at least, I wouldn't let him live afterwards). Hadra gets killed by anyone waltzing along the pub corelia storyline as well.

Also, it's kinda meaningless to compare 'power' levels between two people who never met, but at the end of the day, a couple of people that you're championing fell (as in, not even their 'power' was sufficient to save them) and yet the Sith Warrior (or Inquisitor) still live.

SithKoriandr
07.08.2013 , 07:22 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Arijharn View Post
I honestly think that's a ridiculous position to take. The keyword being 'were', as in... they were but no longer. Why? Because some of them are dead (Jadus is captured, but I doubt the council would let him live due to the whole Sattelite business idea he had... at least, I wouldn't let him live afterwards). Hadra gets killed by anyone waltzing along the pub corelia storyline as well.

Also, it's kinda meaningless to compare 'power' levels between two people who never met, but at the end of the day, a couple of people that you're championing fell (as in, not even their 'power' was sufficient to save them) and yet the Sith Warrior (or Inquisitor) still live.
Isn't Jadus only captured if you choose that option on the Agent? I haven't run all the FPs/OPs/what have you, but having completed Agent storyline, I know you can work for Jadus, and I know my Agent tried to blow him up with the ship, but he got away and was never heard from again.

So my question is...how is it Jadus became a "were" and not "is"?
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

JLazarillo
07.08.2013 , 08:25 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Isn't Jadus only captured if you choose that option on the Agent? I haven't run all the FPs/OPs/what have you, but having completed Agent storyline, I know you can work for Jadus, and I know my Agent tried to blow him up with the ship, but he got away and was never heard from again.
Spoiler

SithKoriandr
07.08.2013 , 09:53 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by JLazarillo View Post
Spoiler
Spoiler

JLazarillo
07.08.2013 , 10:25 PM | #37
Spoiler
In a word, yes.

Helig
07.09.2013 , 02:46 AM | #38
No, he still is, the SWTOR Encyclopedia makes it quite clear that those three were or are the top dogs, nowhere is it said the Emperor's Wrath surpass either of them.
The Wrath was not mentioned because he is beyond them. The Emperor would not choose a Wrath who wasn't capable of destroying any Dark Council member - probably all of them at the same time.
Spoiler

Why is the Warrior even considered to be more powerful in melee combat, when my Inquisitor and Shadow kicked butt in melee with their lightsaber?
I wouldn't really mix lore and class balance
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

LadyKulvax
07.09.2013 , 03:14 AM | #39
Yep sorry still not buying it, whatsoever, love your class all you like, the Sith Warrior is NOT more powerful than Malgus, Marr and Jadus they are considered the best the Empire had.

Oh and Jadus clearly wasn't taking anything seriously in that engagement, believing otherwise is foolish.

We know as fact that Nox is considered the least powerful Dark Council member and we have no idea how the Wrath of the Emperor matches up at all.

Unless anyone here can provide sufficient evidence to suggest that the Wrath is more powerful, then just quit.

Simply put it takes four in the False Emperor flashpoint, that should say everything.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Helig
07.09.2013 , 03:33 AM | #40
Yep sorry still not buying it, whatsoever, love your class all you like, the Sith Warrior is NOT more powerful than Malgus, Marr and Jadus they are considered the best the Empire had.

Oh and Jadus clearly wasn't taking anything seriously in that engagement, believing otherwise is foolish.

We know as fact that Nox is considered the least powerful Dark Council member and we have no idea how the Wrath of the Emperor matches up at all.

Unless anyone here can provide sufficient evidence to suggest that the Wrath is more powerful, then just quit.

Simply put it takes four in the False Emperor flashpoint, that should say everything.
Burden of proof switching isn't exactly how a debate works. "He wasn't taking the encounter seriously" is a pretty feeble excuse, tbh.

But then again, False Emperor was not a matter of e-peen measurement, it was an operation to put down a traitor.
You don't seriously expect a SWAT team leader go 1 on 1 against the terrorist leader and face him in the field of honour, do you? No, they bash their way in, taking any advantage they can to secure a 100% fast and clean operation success.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie