Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This is an easy flashpoint!/We outleveled it!

Kingsbount
07.08.2013 , 06:19 PM | #1
This is an easy flashpiont!/We outleveled it!

Damn. I'v been reading this words so often in group. And they are really bothers me (tank).
You see - i DON'T care if you a few level higher that mobs.
I DON'T care about your "madskillz" in dps.

You are IN TEAM. Learn how to play with others.
Its just annoys me, when overleveled dps are running ahead of tank, and demonstrates his "superiority".
Leave it. Leave it on planet or fleet.

You are in flashpoint. Mission, were TEAMWORK is PRIORITY.

Even if you overlevel content, that doesn't mean that you can do boss tanking or survive under large mob pack.
Its a job for tank.
Leave it for him.

Do not try to "hurry up" tank. He's doing his job, as intended. The price for mistake in a hurry, will be your pixel death and non-pleasant words in first from you.

Falver
07.08.2013 , 06:27 PM | #2
Many a new 55 has used this logic against NiM EC. And failed
If it makes you feel better, these people are equally useless endgame.

Aerro
07.08.2013 , 07:20 PM | #3
When (and if) I run a flashpoint, I will run ahead and I will pull things. Why? Because I tend to have more health than the current tank as a DPS. I kill things fast enough that tanking is not necessary. I typically run with a healer from my guild that is capable of 2manning it.

Now, why would I sit around and wait for a tank to take his time and pull everything, when I could just do it for him and finish the place in a fraction of the time?
Arsenal DPS Guide
One of the leading Mercenaries in a World Progression Guild.

Kingsbount
07.08.2013 , 07:33 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerro View Post
When (and if) I run a flashpoint, I will run ahead and I will pull things. Why? Because I tend to have more health than the current tank as a DPS. I kill things fast enough that tanking is not necessary. I typically run with a healer from my guild that is capable of 2manning it.

Now, why would I sit around and wait for a tank to take his time and pull everything, when I could just do it for him and finish the place in a fraction of the time?
Then DO it alone.
And stay away from GF, my "all-mighty" friend.

Aerro
07.08.2013 , 07:53 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kingsbount View Post
Then DO it alone.
And stay away from GF, my "all-mighty" friend.
Why? Why is it necessary to do things the hard way all the time. I thought casuals liked short cuts and free loot.
Arsenal DPS Guide

Kingsbount
07.08.2013 , 08:08 PM | #6
Why? Why is it necessary to do things the hard way all the time. I thought casuals liked short cuts and free loot.
Becouse people must learn to work in team.
If they learn form guys like you - they will learn only one thing - ME HAVE 2 LITESABERS!!!! ME SMASH!!!!
This syndrome is already applyes through game.

When i join team in a healing spec (55 lvl sorc in 50 FP), i will not stop heal, and become tank or dps. And believe me - i CAN meltdown 50 FP. But im not gonna do it. Its just wrong. Sorcs are not designed for tanking. Same with marauders (or whatever dps class)

jasonthelamb
07.08.2013 , 09:04 PM | #7
I had a tank in a 50 SM Flashpoint say "if you think you can do it better than me, then do it."

Threw on soresu, blew through all the content with ease.

If you have 1/2 55 with 69+ gear in a 50 HM going for basic comms, nothing is an issue - I could moonwalk through it without any difficulty - I'm not going to sit around so that a tank who should've spent the last 50-55 levels learning to tank, learn to tank.,

Aerro
07.08.2013 , 09:08 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kingsbount View Post
Becouse people must learn to work in team.
If they learn form guys like you - they will learn only one thing - ME HAVE 2 LITESABERS!!!! ME SMASH!!!!
This syndrome is already applyes through game.

When i join team in a healing spec (55 lvl sorc in 50 FP), i will not stop heal, and become tank or dps. And believe me - i CAN meltdown 50 FP. But im not gonna do it. Its just wrong. Sorcs are not designed for tanking. Same with marauders (or whatever dps class)
Flashpoints are not for you to learn to take off your training wheels so you can get into Operations. I quickly got into FPs for gear and quickly got out of it so I can spend my time doing productive things. You have 55 levels to learn your class. If you're still expecting people to bare with you while you still learn, then that is selfish. Learn on your own time using plenty of sources that are out there.

Not trying to be rude, but to expect others players to dumb down their experience just to keep the learning curve on par with yours is extremely selfish.
Arsenal DPS Guide

Revenaught
07.08.2013 , 09:56 PM | #9
Flashpoints are not for you to learn to take off your training wheels so you can get into Operations. I quickly got into FPs for gear and quickly got out of it so I can spend my time doing productive things. You have 55 levels to learn your class. If you're still expecting people to bare with you while you still learn, then that is selfish. Learn on your own time using plenty of sources that are out there.

Not trying to be rude, but to expect others players to dumb down their experience just to keep the learning curve on par with yours is extremely selfish.
Don't need you to dumb down your experience just quit ruining the experience for the others in group who might like to actually fulfill their role in group content.
Don't center on your anxieties, Obi-Wan. Keep your concentration here and now, where it belongs. -Qui Gon Jinn

Aerro
07.08.2013 , 10:03 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Revenaught View Post
Don't need you to dumb down your experience just quit ruining the experience for the others in group who might like to actually fulfill their role in group content.
While its one thing if it causes wipes, but if its more *effective* then thats not ruining the experience. Its a waste if it slows down everything because chances are- that tank can't hold aggro against me. That means I have to literally hold off on attacking just for him to build up some thread so I can cast a few abilities and kill it.

Most people I'm stuck with in FPs are vastly undergeared and underskilled. Sometimes I get some pretty awesome people but thats 1/20.

So why should I have to try to play worse just so they can "learn to tank" at my expense? Its a two way street. They can learn to tank with me doing what I normally do. If they can pull things before me and hold aggro over me- then they are learning.
Arsenal DPS Guide