Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question of the Day 7/8/2013

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
07.08.2013 , 02:38 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
What is your favorite creature in The Old Republic?

Personal Answer: I have said it before and I will say it again... Thrantas!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

NickM
07.08.2013 , 02:39 PM | #2
Tie for Varactyl and Rancor.

Hopefully we'll get to use them as mounts one day.

Jenovan
07.08.2013 , 02:48 PM | #3
I do like thrantas, and they get a bonus for actually being mounts, sorta, but I still squee a little every time I see varactyls. C'mon, a color assortment of varries would make a great minipet set...
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

Altheran
07.08.2013 , 03:20 PM | #4
On a whim, I'd answer Rancor. After a second thought, I like Veractyls and Acklays too.
But definitely not Bormus. Take an elephant, take a bacteria, mix them, and you get a Bormu.

But I've always been wondering... why most of beasts (the ones that are not already in the movies) are monstruous ?
I know it's a different galaxy and time, but yet why ?
Especially salky "dogs". According to the Huttball sponsoring, it seems they're like pets... but when looking at them, let's say, in Cademimu... urk ! Who could take them as pets ?

Maelael
07.08.2013 , 03:49 PM | #5
The one that updates the list of known bug issues on a regular basis with all of the known bugs included.

Fractal_Eye
07.08.2013 , 03:58 PM | #6
I'm sorta torn between Rancor and Uxibeast, for different reasons.

Rancor because, well, other than the fact that they're frackin' sweet, I still remember the first one I spotted roaming free on Belsavis many, many moons ago (on my first character). I stopped running around and just stared at the hulking beast for a minute before actually saying (out-loud), "Yeah, I'll have me a piece of that..." * Was the first time I remember using my CE Holocamera to take a shot of the kill, before harvesting it's bioanalysis gooey center.

Uxibeast simply because... well, I don't know why, really, lol. Every time I see one of those spiky cows, I exclaim, "UXI!", and have to run my speeder through them. Same goes for the Icetrompers on Hoth (well, the speeder thing; I don't cry out "uxi" when I run through the trompers; that would be just plain weird! )

So, probably Rancor, because there's nothing particularly special about the Uxibeast, but that won't stop me from charging through them.

* This was quickly followed by (again, out-loud), "For LUUUUKE!!" as I attacked the beast

ApostleThirst
07.08.2013 , 03:58 PM | #7
Acklays are pretty fun, especially when you use them to storm Thanaton's warehouse. That was a good day.

idnewton
07.08.2013 , 04:09 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
What is your favorite creature in The Old Republic?

Personal Answer: I have said it before and I will say it again... Thrantas!
My favorate creature in the game is the baras. They're so chubby and cute!
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 15 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
30/30 Dread Fortress PVP BEST IN SLOT 4/5 NiM DP

Niklarus
07.08.2013 , 05:07 PM | #9
The dinosaurs or mesa beasts or whatever they're called on Makeb. I durn near walked right into a champion-level one on my first time through the planet, stopped, backed up and just stared in shock for a few moments. I think I actually said "Dude, what?" out loud. Followed by "Okay, who let InGen loose in the Star Wars universe?"
Please support a Robust Chat System.

Referral Link

AshlaBoga
07.08.2013 , 05:49 PM | #10
Bormu are interesting: behemoths that appear to be a mixture of Hippopotamus and Millipede.

Actually, my Avatar since March 2013 has been a Bormu
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption