Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Its time to give the F2Ps a voice on the forum

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Its time to give the F2Ps a voice on the forum
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthMaulUK
07.08.2013 , 12:57 PM | #1
With so many players joining the game, over the weekend I came across a poor level 17 soul who was still his original class and had no idea that he needed to visit the fleet to select his advance class.

He couldnt post on the forum because he was free to play. And once I rolled another toon, its not very clear where to go when you leave your starting planet. During the game, if you need to complete a quest or speak to someone, they all have a GREEN flash triangle instead of an empty yellow - which they have on the fleet. This needs to be changed.

Finally and importantly, without the free to play people, this game probably would have been over. So, they need to see for themselves that signing up to a sub or purchasing some things from the Cartel Market can help them on their journey and remain a customer.

We need to encourage more folk to sign up, so I believe that we need a free to play forum for those wanting to post questions and ask for help and of course look for a guild. Common Community Team, dont miss out on this opportunity to grow your subs base with a simple, small adjustment.
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

Nemmar
07.08.2013 , 12:59 PM | #2
The voice says: Pay for the game id you want to have a voice in it.

No seriously, why should F2P have a voice as loud has those that commit to the game with their money?

branmakmuffin
07.08.2013 , 01:00 PM | #3
Turbine has a special sub-set of the forums for F2Pers to post in. I'm surprised BWEA does not have similar.

Ocho-Quatro
07.08.2013 , 01:00 PM | #4
Unless I am wrong, F2P accounts can still VIEW the forums.

They can go to the class forums and look for advice, they can read the general forums (if they are brave)...

The only restriction they have, is that they can't POST........... In a game that already doesn't provide enough incentive to be an actual subscriber over a Free or Premium account, why take away yet another thing?
TOROCast - Star Wars: The Old Republic's Longest Running Fan Podcast
Apos'trophe Sage - Apostrophé Scoundrel - Period Vanguard - Parentheses Shadow - Proper Guardian - Quotation Sentinel
Aster'isk
Mercenary - Back'slash Assassin - Per'iod Operative
The Punctuation Legacy

ImpactHound
07.08.2013 , 01:01 PM | #5
I speak for all F2P players, and we just post on the RuneScape forums instead. We wouldn't post here if you paid us in Cartel Coins.

Dainter
07.08.2013 , 01:01 PM | #6
He can still view the forums right?

Nemmar
07.08.2013 , 01:01 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocho-Quatro View Post
Unless I am wrong, F2P accounts can still VIEW the forums.

They can go to the class forums and look for advice, they can read the general forums (if they are brave)...

The only restriction they have, is that they can't POST........... In a game that already doesn't provide enough incentive to be an actual subscriber over a Free or Premium account, why take away let another thing?
This. You want a voice, you put down your commitment to the game. Its just fair.

PLynkes
07.08.2013 , 01:03 PM | #8
Let them unlock posting on the forums with Cartel Coins.

I suspect we would then have thirty "HODOR" threads a minute. (Is that too harsh?)

DarthMaulUK
07.08.2013 , 01:07 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Dainter View Post
He can still view the forums right?
They can still view, yes but they cant get involved. They may have more questions before subbing. And as I mentioned above, without free to play, there would be no SWTOR and this is about retention. Once they start to feel part of the community, it will increase their chances of subbing.

Its that simple.
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

Dainter
07.08.2013 , 01:11 PM | #10
OK, I follow now.

Your comment doesn't really have much to do with the fact that he/she didn't know to go to advanced trainer, because that problem is solved by just viewing the forums. And even so, if he/she didn't know they even had a problem then he/she would have never looked at the forums for a solution anyway.

The real issue is that he/she doesn't have a voice if he wanted to have one (without paying of course). In this case I believe the stance BWEA takes is that keeping the non-subbing bad eggs out is more important than letting the non-subbing good eggs in.