Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

are we skipping bosses now?

kirorx
07.07.2013 , 02:46 PM | #11
Communication is key

With addition of level 55 I assume in 50 hardmose a skipping is less desirable
Now it's kill everything for exp and gear

Some level 55's want skip stuff but that is just not cool, got to do for the group
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

Washell
07.07.2013 , 04:15 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Roxas_kun View Post
Sadly, that's the problem nowadays.

People only want to rush through content.
We're not rushing through content, we're trying to get the commendations we're coming for in the shortest possible time. We've enjoyed the content before, many times over since there's always people that don't skip, now it's just about meeting BW's prices on gear and schematics that turn content into busywork. No-one likes busywork. I'm all in favor for an option in groupfinder that separates us skippers from your enjoyers and make both sides happy.

PlanetLove
07.08.2013 , 03:39 AM | #13
Yes, communication is key, ask the group what they want to do, bonus or not, etc. Majority vote should count here.

I don't understand why people would skip bosses that are in the path anyway, this is especially an issue with Battle of Illum.

If everybody is 55 and and doesn't need gear from there (i.e. all 146s and up) then yes skip (I wonder why you are doing a 50HM then in the first place?).
Otherwise you should not deprive 50-54s and fresh 55s of their chance to get some gear, they may have waited long for the FP to pop and probably want to do every boss for a chance to get gear. It is just selfish to run past everything then...

And 55HMs are only worth doing if you also do the bonus boss IMHO. Bonus boss and end boss are the only ones dropping good gear. (plus the very few comms you get from every boss)

Atramar
07.08.2013 , 04:20 AM | #14
Well, people have right to want to do bonus... BOI is bad example, you can do it 3 ways:
1. skipp all you can - 12 minute run
2.kill bosses on the way (those 4 skippable ones where one is pain in da bum if dps are acting stupid - leaping to shielded guy leaving healer with 4 ads on him just to get stunned in 5 seconds)
3.do bonus boss - 60 minute run.

if my tank out dps DDs I'll rather quit,ignore and relog then do full run... I get it, people want gear to drop (even if they are capped with planetary comms, they refuse to get rakata grade gear which would improve their performance.. but no.. 'it can drop, why spend coms DUH!!!')
reasons to do bonus boss:
1.expierience... if you want expierience, go makeb. it's faster and you get better loot.
2.loot - loot is crap, go get some gear for comms or makeb.
3.fun - want fun? get friends or do story mode.

if 3 people are under 16k HP, don't even go bonuss boss in Kaon...
wiping 5 times on LR5 LI HM, 4 times on SAV-Rak and you want to do bonus boss? really?
I could go on, but I think I made my point.

some bonusses are nice and on a way (Black talon, tharal V) but considering it's quite often people don't even follow kill order... you just want to finish run and forget you ever met them.

L55hm - these bonuss bosses drop nice. unless group is totaly incompetent, I rarely see skipping it. think only once we skipped bonus boss (wich was odd, as we run past console, I stopped 'hey, let's do bonus' but every one ignored me and just kept on running...but you don't see me making threads about it) and second time our healer was kinda weak and DDs could not meet enrage timer (at 30% lol), so we hat to give up.

edit: remember to consider what I call 'replacement ETA'
when it comes to voting, tank has 3 points (unless lausy tank then it's 1 vote), healer have 2 votes (unless crappy healer - then one vote - but if healer is weak, his gear is voting against doing more difficult bonus), and dps is 1 vote (unless crappy dps - then 0 vote - remember, DPS are fast to replace, if u suck as dps and don't like what group decided on doing/not doing, you won't be missed)
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Nkya
07.08.2013 , 04:26 AM | #15
On 50HM flashpoints, I'm asking if they want to do the bonus on the way. About half of the players answering, including myself, can satisfy any. Maybe half of the rest prefer a speed run and other half want to kill the bosses.
When playing a tank who doesn't need most the drops, I seldom had an issue finding a consensus. Sometimes it's hard to guess what the people really want when none answers.

On other cases, the few issues I met came from impatient rushers. They're often not answering the question about the run or don't care what the other want and start running away. Then they complain for various reasons, making the run unpleasant.

On 55 HM, I'm often surprised that low geared players are able to defeat the bonus boss, even if my tank die first because of the enrage timer. It's always good to try; players get commendations just by enable it and they gain experience for the next time ever if it failed.

The only issue I've in mind is a contemptuous over-geared player telling the others they had no chance to defeat the bonus and refusing to try, forcing her opinion by rushing to the next boss. On the next run of that flashpoint however, with lesser geared players we defeated that boss, showing the problem was that player and not the others.

Hxxr
07.08.2013 , 06:14 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
Communication is key

With addition of level 55 I assume in 50 hardmose a skipping is less desirable
Now it's kill everything for exp and gear

Some level 55's want skip stuff but that is just not cool, got to do for the group
Quite the opposite, the faster you get through the more flashpoints you can complete in a given timeframe and most of the experience comes from completing certain goals - this does include the bonus boss and finishing the dungeon. But anything that isn't vital to those two things can be skipped easily.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rtwozero View Post
Just remember that combat logs only state mathamatical facts. They are not rude or arrogant.

Washell
07.08.2013 , 11:29 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Nkya View Post
Sometimes it's hard to guess what the people really want when none answers.
Not hard to guess at all. If they're too busy to type, they're too busy to do the trash, bonus and anything else that's skippable.

Khayleth
07.08.2013 , 04:52 PM | #18
If the majority wants to skip you skip, if they don't want to skip you don't skip. Don't be selfish, one way or the other.
Raid progression no one cares about. Unimpressive quote or one liner. Uninteresting guild name. List of characters with their level and class symbol.

VigDiath
07.08.2013 , 05:34 PM | #19
Yup...people still do it. Loot drops from most bosses in sub-55 FPs are not really worth it. In some HMs it might be but not normally.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Nkya
07.09.2013 , 03:07 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Washell View Post
Not hard to guess at all. If they're too busy to type, they're too busy to do the trash, bonus and anything else that's skippable.
I wouldn't assume they try to optimise their key pressing. No answer means you leave the others to decide for you. They might be shy. Notably when they have no clue about the bonus, then can't decide. I met people knowing a flashpoint pretty well, but were happily surprised by discovering a new boss they didn't see before. On my server I could also suspect they don't speak English good enough.