Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Call me greedy...entitled.. all you want..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Call me greedy...entitled.. all you want..
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
07.08.2013 , 09:00 AM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by JPryde View Post
Bioware had absolutely no chance to make a gift that the majority of players would be happy with.
This is the core issue right here. A half a million subscribers.. all with different interests, tastes, etc. No way to please them with any single selected gift. Evidence the whining and crying about every free gift or incentive item in the game since launch. Evidence the 500CCs right this instant.

But the CC coin approach IS an appreciation gift and it does give the most players the most freedom of choice as to what they would like to turn that appreciation into in terms of digital content.

And seriously folks... some of you act like any subscriber gift in this game = real life gifts. IT'S ALL DIGITAL CONTENT. You can't take it with you when you leave, and you can't use it to barter for Cheetos and donuts either. It's not real. You are melting down over virtual content. Can you get anymore petty?
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

BruceMaclean's Avatar


BruceMaclean
07.08.2013 , 09:00 AM | #242 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by JPryde View Post
Try the following on your gf/bf/wife/husband then:
Hey honey, I know you were saving up for that expecive jewelry/tv/screen/car, but instead of helping you with that by adding on to the funds you already got, I bought you this nice pullover/dog(that you will take for a walk each day from now on!).
I surely do prefer the money.

Bioware had absolutely no chance to make a gift that the majority of players would be happy with. So giving us money to spend in any way we want, they at least did not give us a pullover or socks or a new tie.
What JPryde said.

Reminds me of one time when I told my wife I had a present for her, and she got all excited. When she saw it was just a movie DvD she couldn't hide her disappointment and said in disbelief 'THAT'S MY PRESENT?!' I would have been better off not announcing the present in advance, or just giving her a gift card with funds on it instead.
Bruce Maclean | Senior Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

JPryde's Avatar


JPryde
07.08.2013 , 09:06 AM | #243
Quote: Originally Posted by Alavastre View Post
[...]Just saying, if they wanted to show us they cared in this situation, they should have built us a terrible mount.[...]
And then people would have said "bahh, another mount, I already got 2 dozen of them, what do I need another one for? You could have at least made it faster than 110% and better looking" (note that "better looking" would have been said regardless of its appearance).
The exact same thing could be said about pets or any piece of clothing or dye.

So if you cannot please all, try please as many as you can... and that was definitely done with giving the players the option to buy, what they would like most.

And I am not saying, that you are wrong... You got a different opinion, which is fine. I am just not happy with this thread in total although the thread title is as fitting as hardly any other title on here... as indeed I do call the OP all that.
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

ninjonxb's Avatar


ninjonxb
07.08.2013 , 09:36 AM | #244
I have wondered. Of the subscribers, how many of us actually go on the forums. Being generous 10%?
If this is actually the case. 90% of the subscribers had no idea (or just some hint in general chat) anything was coming. So for them the extra 500 CC was a complete surprise and they are probably very happy.

Inflicktion's Avatar


Inflicktion
07.08.2013 , 09:45 AM | #245
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
What JPryde said.

Reminds me of one time when I told my wife I had a present for her, and she got all excited. When she saw it was just a movie DvD she couldn't hide her disappointment and said in disbelief 'THAT'S MY PRESENT?!' I would have been better off not announcing the present in advance, or just giving her a gift card with funds on it instead.
Alright, I don't have a problem with the 500 CC. If you look in my history you'll see I supported it in fact. But this post just changed my mind. If you whispered sweet nothings into your wife's ear for days about how you were going to appreciate her this weekend, and then wind up giving her a dvd she'd have every right to smack you. A more appropriate analogy would be giving her a 5 dollar coupon for a 40 dollar day spa.

Whizle's Avatar


Whizle
07.08.2013 , 09:48 AM | #246
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
What JPryde said.

Reminds me of one time when I told my wife I had a present for her, and she got all excited. When she saw it was just a movie DvD she couldn't hide her disappointment and said in disbelief 'THAT'S MY PRESENT?!' I would have been better off not announcing the present in advance, or just giving her a gift card with funds on it instead.
Can't believe you're dragging your wife into forum discussion, but try getting her a gift card for the next bday/anni/holiday. Let me know how well that goes over. Fact remains, you guys dropped the ball on this one in a big way. You couldn't see our faces, but it was probably the same look your wife gave you. We told you this cartel market b.s. was making us angry. You hyped some big magical customer appreciation thing to win us back. Then you gave us the equivalent of $5 starbucks card. Just go ahead and say publicly that you guys would rather this game be 100% f2p/preferred, because that's how you're treating it.

I've already said on the forums that a meaningful sign of customer appreciation would have been a permanent (diamonds are forever) across-the-board (your love should be unconditional) discount on all cartel coin purchases.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
07.08.2013 , 09:49 AM | #247
Quote: Originally Posted by Inflicktion View Post
Alright, I don't have a problem with the 500 CC. If you look in my history you'll see I supported it in fact. But this post just changed my mind. If you whispered sweet nothings into your wife's ear for days about how you were going to appreciate her this weekend, and then wind up giving her a dvd she'd have every right to smack you. A more appropriate analogy would be giving her a 5 dollar coupon for a 40 dollar day spa.
Wait... wut? you know Bruce's wife?

I ask, because how can you possibly present an accurate analogy about the relationship between two people you never met and do not know??

OIC.. you were projecting stereotype.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Quraswren's Avatar


Quraswren
07.08.2013 , 09:59 AM | #248
Quote: Originally Posted by Whizle View Post
Can't believe you're dragging your wife into forum discussion, but try getting her a gift card for the next bday/anni/holiday. Let me know how well that goes over. Fact remains, you guys dropped the ball on this one in a big way. You couldn't see our faces, but it was probably the same look your wife gave you. We told you this cartel market b.s. was making us angry. You hyped some big magical customer appreciation thing to win us back. Then you gave us the equivalent of $5 starbucks card. Just go ahead and say publicly that you guys would rather this game be 100% f2p/preferred, because that's how you're treating it.
So true.
I'm not shocked it revolved around the cartel market once again. After all, in the conference call it will look really well to say how much more movement happened in the market (although it was inflated due to spawned Coins).

What I am shocked about is he posted about his wife being so materialistic that even a thought out gift from her husband was received in displeasure. (Unless of course he bought a movie that was really for himself but gave it to her)

The whole thing just starts falling apart at that point.

wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
07.08.2013 , 10:00 AM | #249
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
What JPryde said.

Reminds me of one time when I told my wife I had a present for her, and she got all excited. When she saw it was just a movie DvD she couldn't hide her disappointment and said in disbelief 'THAT'S MY PRESENT?!' I would have been better off not announcing the present in advance, or just giving her a gift card with funds on it instead.
If there's one thing demeaning and undermining the value of being a subscriber, that's the cartel shop. You gave subscribers coins to spend on the shop. I find that kind of ironic. In a sad way.

Desolaytore's Avatar


Desolaytore
07.08.2013 , 10:04 AM | #250
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
If there's one thing demeaning and undermining the value of being a subscriber, that's the cartel shop. You gave subscribers coins to spend on the shop. I find that kind of ironic. In a sad way.
lol 500 cc was a slap to the face. GIVE IN to the Market!
"I hear them enter my domain, children unknowing. They will serve..." - The Infernal One
Lightning flashes of insight, Into the mirth of a dark sky,
Pain of division is nothing, Joy of dissolution is everything.