Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Here's the problem with making Treek available through the Cartel Market...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Here's the problem with making Treek available through the Cartel Market...

astrobearx
07.07.2013 , 06:41 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Machine-Elf View Post
Ah yes, I'm trolling. That must be it.

No, I was simply trying to show you how preposterous and pedantic your own line of reasoning was being. What's more, I tried doing so in a friendly, humorous tone, but you had to go "TROLL!" on me.
no what is preposterous is to imply that your video game achievement is anything to stand on when it only meaning is totally within this community and not everyone really care for bragging l33t.

btw, you are a well known troll elf, let not even front. you made this thread for the sole purpose of trolling.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Because Bioware won't let my have the Jewel of the Dark Side, which would amplify my powers and allow me to take control of the galaxy in my bid for a tyrannical dictatorship.
Poo-doo.

SithKoriandr
07.07.2013 , 06:44 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by astrobearx View Post

as i said before, a video game achievement isnt a significant or really meaningful as it is doable by a child (and yes a child could learn to do NiM raids and ranked pvp if played long enough)

but i see im we are at an impasse, nothing we can say to each other will alter our opinion on what is indeed a real achievement (or what society at large deems)

good day/night
Hitting level 40 would be a test in patience, would it not? Not something children are known for.

I don't think we disagree on what's a better achievement. I just see a difference between a real life achievement and an ingame achievement.

In fact, in game there are things called "achievements" By your logic, they're not achievements, as a child can do them.

And like I said earlier, I have no problem with Tweek being a CM item as well as earned in game. Neither do I see a problem being a strictly Legacy Level 40 item that can be unlocked with credits or CC.

I'm sure those who are against it being a CM item, have no problem with it being a Legacy Level 40 item that needs credits or CC to unlock it.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Machine-Elf
07.07.2013 , 06:46 PM | #113
no what is preposterous is to imply that your video game achievement is anything to stand on when it only meaning is totally within this community and not everyone really care for bragging l33t.

btw, you are a well known troll elf, let not even front. you made this thread for the sole purpose of trolling.
You know who else was called a troll? Socrates.

astrobearx
07.07.2013 , 06:53 PM | #114
.....?

you arent funny...like at all.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Because Bioware won't let my have the Jewel of the Dark Side, which would amplify my powers and allow me to take control of the galaxy in my bid for a tyrannical dictatorship.
Poo-doo.

Darth_Moonshadow
07.07.2013 , 06:54 PM | #115
I think that was mostly because he used to hide under bridges and demanding people answer dumb riddles as a toll.

Socrates was not a well man.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

Machine-Elf
07.07.2013 , 10:04 PM | #116
.....?

you arent funny...like at all.
I was only half-trying.

Genghistwelve
07.07.2013 , 10:14 PM | #117
Everyone that says that HK was "good," I have another take. I'd rather pay cartel coins rather than spend 6 hrs. simply digging.

I can explain achievements for PVE and PVP to my wife. She understands that. What she cannot fathom is simulated ditch digging.

Sure, buying something for CC's isn't an in-game achievement. But, darn it if "beating" RNG is not much of an achievement either.

SithKoriandr
07.07.2013 , 10:18 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Genghistwelve View Post
Everyone that says that HK was "good," I have another take. I'd rather pay cartel coins rather than spend 6 hrs. simply digging.

I can explain achievements for PVE and PVP to my wife. She understands that. What she cannot fathom is simulated ditch digging.

Sure, buying something for CC's isn't an in-game achievement. But, darn it if "beating" RNG is not much of an achievement either.
Would it be considered RNG since it's placed on the map and you then have to look for it? Wouldn't RNG be more of staying in one spot and non-stop clicking until it appears?

Not that I found it to be the most exciting thing to do in game, and I wish there was a non-group related way to get the parts. Not that I haven't been willing to team, but I never seem to beable to get my guild to run the ones needed. :/
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

WillHolmes
07.08.2013 , 08:22 AM | #119
im waiting for my 80 million creds and legacy 50 to feel useful
Jedi Covenant [Holocron]

Toasterman - Heal MercHanjabba - Madness Sin
8/8 Imperial AC lvl 55

crqp
08.08.2013 , 06:34 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I do not share your sentiment.

Treek is a great addition to the game. It's something many players like, and no player is forced to acquire it or use it if they don't like it. It is amazing to me how much so many players detest choice. Actually.. they don't detest it, they just don't want anyone but themselves to have choice.

And the way they are adding it to the game is consistent with everything they have been doing for the last 8 months.

Yeah.. some people don't like the CM, cartel coins, etc. etc. But so what. Some people, in every MMO, don't like something.
True this i agree with this in fact i don't like some of Swtor either they could add some stuff
Nak'drayn lvl 55-Jedi Covenant-Mercanary
Guild - Pitch Black
Legacy-the Bloodtail Legacy
Long Live Mandalore!