Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Here's the problem with making Treek available through the Cartel Market...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Here's the problem with making Treek available through the Cartel Market...

astrobearx
07.07.2013 , 06:24 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
But let's go with what you said. Sooo, sense this is all just entertainment, why be against people paying for Advance Class changes or paying to be instantly at level 55?
tbh im not....it your friend ratajack who is against advance class change. to me advance class change would be extremely beneficial at times and as for instant lvl 55 button ,i have no opinion as i dont care, but if BW offer it i wont be crying all over these forums.i would just ignore and move on.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Because Bioware won't let my have the Jewel of the Dark Side, which would amplify my powers and allow me to take control of the galaxy in my bid for a tyrannical dictatorship.
Poo-doo.

SithKoriandr
07.07.2013 , 06:24 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
The person you are scolding was not the one that declared achievement to be some super human aspect of importance inside a video game.

By the way.. this is all your fault for starting the thread you know.
See. You're for this (and I didn't say I wasn't). So, why be against getting rid of CE exclusives, paying to change advance classes, or paying to hit level cap?

Your whole argument is the basis that it's entertainment. So it doesn't matter if people are willing to pay extra for things, as it's their entertainment. So, obviously, people should have the option for things you've said they shouldn't.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

astrobearx
07.07.2013 , 06:26 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Machine-Elf View Post
Because we're talking about a videogame, entertainment; not the grander theater of life.
I've seen your line of reasoning used before in these forums, and it needs to stop. Person X says: "I'm frustrated about this feature in the game", only to have Person Y immediately jump in with: "you're FRUSTRATED with a videogame?! Why would you be FRUSTRATED with a videogame?! Losing your job, not being able to make ends meet, failing to keep a promise to a loved one, that's frustration!".

Jeez, learn to put things in their proper context. You're in a videogame forum for Christ's sake.
but person Y is completely correct. losing your spot in a raid/guild or getting ninja looted =/= losing your job or getting mugged.

one carry major consequences within your life , while the other is carry barely anything but a brief annoyance.
Because Bioware won't let my have the Jewel of the Dark Side, which would amplify my powers and allow me to take control of the galaxy in my bid for a tyrannical dictatorship.
Poo-doo.

Andryah
07.07.2013 , 06:27 PM | #104
See. You're for this (and I didn't say I wasn't). So, why be against getting rid of CE exclusives, paying to change advance classes, or paying to hit level cap?

Your whole argument is the basis that it's entertainment. So it doesn't matter if people are willing to pay extra for things, as it's their entertainment. So, obviously, people should have the option for things you've said they shouldn't.
Complete nonsense.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Machine-Elf
07.07.2013 , 06:29 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by astrobearx View Post
why yes, yes i do. i love star wars and i have bought every SW game since 2000 for the PS series, pc and on xbox 360.
You take PLEASURE from playing a videogame?!

Pleasure is what you get when making love, seeing joy in your child's face, for helping someone in need, from being able to provide for your family, from working at a job that fulfills you...that's PLEASURE!

See what I did there...?

SithKoriandr
07.07.2013 , 06:30 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Complete nonsense.
Not at all. You just can't say anything as you do say "entertainment" in some areas and "must work towards" in others.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

astrobearx
07.07.2013 , 06:32 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Machine-Elf View Post
You take PLEASURE from playing a videogame?!

Pleasure is what you get when making love, seeing joy in your child's face, for helping someone in need, from being able to provide for your family, from working at a job that fulfills you...that's PLEASURE!

See what I did there...?
yess, you apply nonsensical logic to a reasonable post.

pleasure, as well as beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. what is pleasurable to me, may not be to someone else.

troll harder, your attempts are quite pitiful.
Poo-doo.

SithKoriandr
07.07.2013 , 06:35 PM | #108

pleasure, as well as beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. what is pleasurable to me, may not be to someone else.

So what isn't an achievement to you, is an achievement to someone else

Machine-Elf
07.07.2013 , 06:38 PM | #109

Ah yes, I'm trolling. That must be it.

No, I was simply trying to show you how preposterous and pedantic your own line of reasoning was being. What's more, I tried doing so in a friendly, humorous tone, but you had to go "TROLL!" on me.

astrobearx
07.07.2013 , 06:39 PM | #110
So what isn't an achievement to you, is an achievement to someone else

as i said before, a video game achievement isnt a significant or really meaningful as it is doable by a child (and yes a child could learn to do NiM raids and ranked pvp if played long enough)

but i see im we are at an impasse, nothing we can say to each other will alter our opinion on what is indeed a real achievement (or what society at large deems)

good day/night
Poo-doo.