Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TFB: 16M - NiM (World Ranking)

namesaretough
07.05.2013 , 03:56 PM | #121
Am I missing something, or does that screenshot prove exactly 0 about anything anyone said.

Not that it matters, guess it got deleted already.

Shandellon
07.07.2013 , 02:36 AM | #122
Guys,
8man community is planning on introducing a score system whiuch allows you to skip bosses and still get points (deducted, but still some). Hope we are not going that direction?
Cyntia - Sage Healer Hôpë - Gunsliger Dps
<Not Good Enough>/<FriendlyFire> @ ToFN

deceptweb
07.07.2013 , 07:55 AM | #123
I am completely against skipping for points.
Thinmints - GM of Severity Gaming
16M NiM TFB and SV World First
Twitch Account

Aerro
07.07.2013 , 10:14 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by deceptweb View Post
I am completely against skipping for points.
Same here.

Its perfectly logical to be against it for various reasons. The main one being... with Biowares track record, we really don't know which bosses will be freebies and which bosses won't. Lets say Dashroode is a complete nightmare but the 2nd and 3rd bosses are a joke. Some guild QQs and claims Dashroode is impossible and skips it, thus getting the 2nd and 3rd boss killed almost instantly. Now they have compiled points that other guilds won't be getting for some time as they will be working on Dashroode. In order to keep up, they will be almost forced to skip it just to get the points they are missing out on.

The linear clear bonus in the 8man thread is hardly a bonus. The example I just listed would make the linear clear bonus almost non-existent. The Linear Clear Bonus is just a way for the guilds, who actually view progression as progression, a way to keep up. That should NOT be the way it works. The Linear Clear Bonus should be an incentive to keep all guilds going in order.

My vote is for 16man guilds to keep clearing linearly. Honestly? All the 16man guilds will probably do it anyways as we are all pretty tight knit when it comes to rules and competition. We all seem to be on pretty good terms so I'm sure the consensus will be for linear clears only.
Arsenal DPS Guide
One of the leading Mercenaries in a World Progression Guild.

Nausikaa
07.07.2013 , 12:36 PM | #125
Hi all of you.

First of all, I totally agree with the above, about not skipping bosses. And I sincerely do hope all the 16man guilds agree on this. As said previously, imagine we were tracking SM progression ? No possibility to skip bosses or anything. So let's just use the same thing for NiM. Let's not skip bosses, do them as they come at us.

But whatever. Good luck to all the guilds who'll NOT skip bosses. Hope the best of luck to you guys, and we'll be following the streams <3

Anthraxal
07.07.2013 , 12:39 PM | #126
I think my GM will pardon me for going ahead and say we're also 110% against skipping boss. I am pretty sure this won't even be a subject in this progression race.

Edit : ninjaed by Mana :/

Grimsblood
07.07.2013 , 02:06 PM | #127
Have no fear fellow 16 man guilds. When we sat down and created our guidelines we added in the requirement to have downed the prior boss before getting credit on the current one. It is spelled out within the "Notes" Tab on the spreadsheet

Let those 8 man's cause drama and cut corners. Everyone knows the big boys play 16.
DPS is science. Healing is art. Tanking is strategy.
Hippolytà - Level 50 Sentinel - Grimsblood - Level 55 Sage
Saphyria - Level 55 Sniper - Fenrîr - Level 55 Gunslinger

Nibbon
07.07.2013 , 03:25 PM | #128
Indeed - as long as I'm tracking it on our side, skipping won't be allowed.

Anyway, it is already decided and it is pointless to discuss in this thread - which is about the current tier of content.

Please take this discussion elsewhere if you want to continue to discuss.

Thanks!

Lynhea
07.07.2013 , 04:45 PM | #129
<Ace> Asation 16 NiM 2/5

Dread Guard 7/07/2013 20:15:25 UTC ( 22:15:25 GMT+2 Paris)
Solstïce - Guilde <Ace> PvE HL 16 Men - GuildMaster
www.ace-gaming.fr/forum/ - Recrutement : Ouvert

Grimsblood
07.07.2013 , 05:23 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Lynhea View Post
<Ace> Asation 16 NiM 2/5

Dread Guard 7/07/2013 20:15:25 UTC ( 22:15:25 GMT+2 Paris)
Grats guys! Glad to see another kill!
DPS is science. Healing is art. Tanking is strategy.
Hippolytà - Level 50 Sentinel - Grimsblood - Level 55 Sage
Saphyria - Level 55 Sniper - Fenrîr - Level 55 Gunslinger