Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vanguard/Powertech Rebalancing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Vanguard/Powertech Rebalancing?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Hxxr
07.05.2013 , 11:19 PM | #31
There are quite a few broken specs.
Pyrotech is fun but mediocre for Mercs as well. Arsenal is strong but can be a pain some times when you get unlucky procs and crits - you still deal OK damage but the gameply goes down the toilet.
Sorcerers pretty much only have one choice for dealing damage.
Powertechs have hybrid spec to be competitive but both pure specs are below average.
Assassins are more than too far behind, even though there might be a hand ful that are good enough for NiM, they're no where close to the top.
Juggernaut actually seems fine with one single target focused spec and one for AoE.

And then of course the old song about the two classes that stand out into the other direction:
Every single spec of those two culprits is simply superior to anything another class can offer in the same field and there are unique utility skills thrown in on top of that.

By the time 2.3 hits with still no class balance in sight I'll be using my L55 Sniper as my main from there on out.
I owe it to my guild since playing anything but the best does not necessarily impair but most certainly not help progression and I owe it to myself since me playing both classes takes equal effort and time with different performance, which is simply bad balance ... as in no balance.
Seems to be like 'Favorite of the Year Mages' all over again with no indication to move things towards a balanced environment amongs damage dealing specs.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rtwozero View Post
Just remember that combat logs only state mathamatical facts. They are not rude or arrogant.

Nucairion
07.06.2013 , 07:10 AM | #32
I cant speak for pve but at least in pvp sins seem quite powerful. Specially now they got that port skill and seemed like they got damage buff in 2.0 as they seem to burn you fairly quickly with opener skill that does like 7-8k damage.

I just dont think the dev in charge of balancing has a clue wot he is doing cos every time we get class changes more problems arise than ones being solved. When a class is out performing the others he simply just nerfs it to the ground then buffs another class thants underperforming without much attention to the class being nerfed and wot it actually needed. Pt nerfs were way over top but well we all no nerfs in this game are not decifed by devs but pvp community who scream nerf until devs listen. Do snipers need a nerf???? Not in my opinion they just beed to buff other dps specs to match if thar aint poss then yes they should be brought back down on level with other specs. And no my opinion isnt bias I not got sniper and have not played gunslinger in 12 months
Voyseiri - 50 vanguard, Zi'Kino - 50 sentinal, Nosrionel - 50 gunslinger, Libieso - 50 shadow, Llorak - 50 powertech, Mibanax 50 - Sorc, Reiqui - 50 Juggernaut and a few lowbies

Tattum
07.06.2013 , 06:15 PM | #33
behind in burst ? survivability in pvp ?

mate try playing concealment operative nowadays and feel the power of nerf stick...
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
BW doesn't listen to their community at all and they pretty much never interact with the community on their forums...

Blitz-wing
07.06.2013 , 06:54 PM | #34
I'm calling out Austin P. Spend 5 minutes making a reply to the many threads on the balancing issues post 2.0

Tell us that we are wrong, that we are right. That you don't care because we don't have a glowstick & can do something besides Dps.

Communication is a simple yet important activity. BW fail in this respect!

Dafydil
07.06.2013 , 07:16 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Philmors View Post
Can a vanguard/powertech even get a 6k crit? I never had on my vanguard so far and that pretty does seem a bit unfair that the vanguard/powertech cannot get that 6k crit medal in pvp.
? My railshot constantly crits 7k+

anywho 1.1 pyro + 30% surge on flameburst ideal do it now bioware.
Dafydil merc (Midian)
Jazre mando (Don't Panic)

yoomazir
07.06.2013 , 08:31 PM | #36
PT/Vanguards want a buff? Fine, as long as their dps is under of a Merc/Mando, I don't want to get back to that era where a rifle class was doing more damage that a big *********** canon, thx.

Kitru
07.06.2013 , 10:11 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Luxidenstore View Post
So it seems like Shadow tanks got a response. Apparently you have to wave a glowstick around to get the proper attention.

Consider it waved.
Do you have *any* idea what we had to do to get even the modicum of attention that we received?

It wasn't just a glowstick thing. It was a "copious amounts of math, analysis, models, and numerous anecdotal and parse based data points along with copious intense discussion over the course of 3 months" thing and all we got was "investigating" and "no timeline". Hell, on *top* of that, it took someone spam posting in every forum to *finally* get their attention and give us a post. We Shadows *earned* that response.

This isn't to say that PT/VGs don't need a going over. I agree that they do (though, as a PvEer, I view it more through the lens of PvE than PvP; I still support a review for both though thanks to the overall gutting that the specs received). I *do* disagree with the notion that we Shadows got attention *easily* or because we're part of the glowstick brigade. We worked *damned* hard for that response and, even then, we got the bare minimum.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Dafydil
07.07.2013 , 05:27 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
PT/Vanguards want a buff? Fine, as long as their dps is under of a Merc/Mando, I don't want to get back to that era where a rifle class was doing more damage that a big *********** canon, thx.
Do you mean burst? because atm I still out DPS every DPS mando/merc in wzs lol. The fact of it is Powertechs/Vanguards didn't even need a nerf with everyother AC getting a buff people just complained and complained about the apparent OP hybrid spec on the 2.0 Test Server when ALL bioware needed to do was go into Advanced Prototype tree and make Charged Gauntlets only available with High energy gas cylinder on which they did the nerfs to pyro itself was not needed.

Btw if you're really trying to balance two seperate classes from cosmetics please just stop posting you're the morons bioware listen to sadly.
Dafydil merc (Midian)
Jazre mando (Don't Panic)

Mozivicus
07.07.2013 , 12:44 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by ceelaniri View Post
i get the medal regularly but I suspect it s bc I hit people with lower expertise/stuff. Otherwise against geared people, i reach the 5k++.

I have 768 in bonus dmg, 25% crit, 75% surge and I am capped in expertise to give you an indication (roughly half partisan/half conqueror and optimised gear).

That represents some relatively weak dmg compared to what other classes can do with this stuff.
EXACTLY!!!

That's the entire point, compared to other classes vanguards/PTs hit like wet noodles. I'll say it now, and I'll say it until we regularly get 8-10k hits (like every other well geared AC), we need a buff to our damage and burst damage.

yoomazir
07.07.2013 , 02:55 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Dafydil View Post
Btw if you're really trying to balance two seperate classes from cosmetics please just stop posting you're the morons bioware listen to sadly.
By all means, go ahead, can't wait to roll a class with a toothpick weapon that can do more damage more than a warhammer.
Cosmetics? pshe, what for? For some lore consistency? Nahhh, you're right, those korean gaemz with chicks in bikini armor can sure take some dmg, go ahead BW, listen to this guy, go into full retard mode and make changes that doesn't fit the lore nor make sense at all.
Thank you Dafydil, this game is going to be a better place with you taking the reigns, man, I already feel safer now.