Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Bolster PVP gear in ops


schranz's Avatar


schranz
07.06.2013 , 03:21 PM | #11
I actually posted this to see how the response would be if the character progression through gear would be eliminated from your favorite part of the game. As you can see the mere thoght of it starts a flame war. Thank you for your responses i will use this to illustrate the problem in the PVP forum.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
07.06.2013 , 04:13 PM | #12
Why should it not be a two way street? I mean if I only did pve and wanted to do warzones its not that bad and can easily be done now with how bolster works. If I only pvp and wanted to do operations I would be ridiculed for having no pve gear.

Kovaos's Avatar


Kovaos
07.06.2013 , 05:25 PM | #13
Hehe funny to see the reaction at the thought of bolster in pve.

Doesn't sound like much fun eh?
"my friend said he got a pack of level 50 armor and all i got was level 47 pants."

So-low's Avatar


So-low
07.06.2013 , 05:59 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Why should it not be a two way street? I mean if I only did pve and wanted to do warzones its not that bad and can easily be done now with how bolster works. If I only pvp and wanted to do operations I would be ridiculed for having no pve gear.
QFT.

Especially since you only need to have classic comms to buy 61 PVE gear to be on par with full PVP geared folks in WZs and in Ops

As someone who does equal amounts of PVP and PVE (Full 72 Scoundrel Healer and Commando DPS progressing through NiM TFB atm) I can say with objectivity that the PVPers in this game are getting screwed. Whether it's inequalities via bolster, credit rewards, content, gear, balance, etc. the PvPers always get the short end.

I suppose that righteous PVE'er had it right when he said that PVP is a minigame and 0.5% of the content, because that is certainly what it feels like.

jedimasterjac's Avatar


jedimasterjac
07.06.2013 , 06:18 PM | #15
No. Just....no.

PvP and PvE are MEANT to be seperate. Why should a PvP'er be able to out-gear a PvE'er, just because they PvP more? It's not fair to said PvE'er, as PvE now gives PvP players an advantage that PvE players DON'T have. I'm absolutely fine having PvE and PvP split.
Quote: Originally Posted by Koozebane View Post
This isn't a couple of goobers out for some kicks. This is organized large team warfare by a single guild in a PVE zone.

Smuglebunny's Avatar


Smuglebunny
07.06.2013 , 06:39 PM | #16
If PVP is a .5% minigame why are there PVP servers and what are those people supposed to do?

This is blatant bias. I hate boring PVE content. Its AI it does the same thing over and over it cannot ever be a challenge cuz there is no human behind it. If there was no PVP I would not play at all. PVE exsists to lvl only.

I don't care what mechanics there are in OPS of FPs cuz I wont ever be in one. But bolster needs to go. Immediately. I'm SHOCKED that a game maker can treat an entire section of its population so badly and still have a game. I guess lots of people just wanna kill the same monster the same way over and over to get gear to kill that same monster again when it does more damage faster, big challenge.

REMOVE BOLSTER yesterday!

TrillOG-'s Avatar


TrillOG-
07.06.2013 , 07:06 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by schranz View Post
sure insult me to hide your own ignorance, what i mean is that there is no gear progression in pvp. Yet when someone advocates the same in your precious PVE see what reactions i get

You can gear while leveling its quite ez to max up your coms and you even got starter PVP gear pre bolster,.. where is my starter ops gear then. So saying i should do fp's to join OPS but you yourself being either to freaking lazy to do some bolstered pre 55 PVP or to stupid pre 2.0 too keep your free PVP gear is quite ignorant to say the least.


I do want a maxed out hardcore PVP-er to do more dmg then a PVE geared new recruit, probably the same way you would like a 72 level geared DPS to do more dmg then someone covered in greens.


But judging by your first response i am wasting words on a shortsighted infant
Gear is what makes pve last. You take that away, you take away the reason to run ops over and over. Im not gonna waste my time typing a long response when its obvious you have tunnel vision but bolster is there for a reason, it is because as previously stated by the 2nd post you choose how hard it is going to be, you dont select gear levels when going into a warzone.

Kovaos's Avatar


Kovaos
07.06.2013 , 07:13 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by TrillOG- View Post
Gear is what makes pve last. You take that away, you take away the reason to run ops over and over. Im not gonna waste my time typing a long response when its obvious you have tunnel vision but bolster is there for a reason, it is because as previously stated by the 2nd post you choose how hard it is going to be, you dont select gear levels when going into a warzone.
You heard of ranked warzones? You will use your brain more in one ranked match than a weeks worth of fps and ops.

Gear should always matter no matter what you do.
"my friend said he got a pack of level 50 armor and all i got was level 47 pants."

SiXXXX's Avatar


SiXXXX
07.06.2013 , 08:29 PM | #19
Um, you can do all story mode raids in partisan gear.. Maybe you would want to be augged to properly pull your weight but its quite do-able. I healed sm sv and tfb with that gear and my partner wasn't stressed at all. if you know how to play youll make it through without worry
Bergeren Colony Liiara Överkill Cassüs

The Harbinger Nyhilüss Jay-Fett Thräsher

AngelFluttershy's Avatar


AngelFluttershy
07.06.2013 , 09:26 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by schranz View Post
I actually posted this to see how the response would be if the character progression through gear would be eliminated from your favorite part of the game. As you can see the mere thoght of it starts a flame war. Thank you for your responses i will use this to illustrate the problem in the PVP forum.
Good cover.