Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"early game access: ready to patch" what does this mean?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
"early game access: ready to patch" what does this mean?

Mock
12.13.2011 , 02:00 PM | #1
Hello,

In my code redemption area, I have two things showing up. On 8/7/11 pre order code redemption. And then on 11/2/11 I see the following
"Star wars the old republic, early game access: ready to patch."

What does that mean? Early game access was not implemented in Nov, I redeemed my pre order in August and haven't redeemed any other codes... So I was just wondering if anyone could clear that up for me? I know its not saying I've been accepted into EGA already because I know I haven't. I'm just confused on what that actually is?

Mock
12.13.2011 , 02:13 PM | #2
Is that implying when I redeemed my pre order code? If so it is incorrect. I redeemed my code the same day I pre ordered. Anyone know ?

Ahkronn
12.13.2011 , 02:15 PM | #3
It means your game is ready to patch.

Even if your account is not yet unlocked for EGA, as soon as you redeem a valid Pre-Order code, you can download the client and patch it. You'll not be able to login, but you can patch the game to the latest version.

Mock
12.13.2011 , 02:18 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahkronn View Post
It means your game is ready to patch.

Even if your account is not yet unlocked for EGA, as soon as you redeem a valid Pre-Order code, you can download the client and patch it. You'll not be able to login, but you can patch the game to the latest version.
Yes, but I redeemed my code on 8/7/11 and the date showing up on the patch code is 11/2/11. So I'm trying to figure out if its nothing to worry about, or if there is a mess up in the dates, and they improperly dated my redemption?

Ahkronn
12.13.2011 , 02:20 PM | #5
EDIT: sorry, i was misunderstanding you.
You are right.

If the date shown is not the one you redeemed it, it might be a bit of a problem then... I really don't know, but I guess the date shown is the one flagged on your account.

Mock
12.13.2011 , 02:22 PM | #6
Huh? I'm guessing you ment this for a diff thread? I'm not talking about product redemption.

Mock
12.13.2011 , 02:26 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahkronn View Post
EDIT: sorry, i was misunderstanding you.
You are right.

If the date shown is not the one you redeemed it, it might be a bit of a problem then... I really don't know, but I guess the date shown is the one flagged on your account.
Yes, but confusion is that I have two dates shown. One date is 8/7/11 the other is 11/2/11. Do you have two seperate dates in your code redemption as well? If so, did you redeem the same day as you pre ordered?

Ahkronn
12.13.2011 , 02:31 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Mock View Post
Yes, but confusion is that I have two dates shown. One date is 8/7/11 the other is 11/2/11. Do you have two seperate dates in your code redemption as well? If so, did you redeem the same day as you pre ordered?
No, same date for me, but i'm a late pre-order redeemer.

No doubt you have a weird issue there

Aieny
12.13.2011 , 02:34 PM | #9
The ready-to-patch is an internal code they added that allows you to download the game before being able to play. Everyone who had redeemed a pre-order code before november 2 had that added on that date.

What you want to see is "ready to play", which indicates your account is enabled for Early Access.

Mock
12.13.2011 , 02:36 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Aieny View Post
The ready-to-patch is an internal code they added that allows you to download the game before being able to play. Everyone who had redeemed a pre-order code before november 2 had that added on that date.

What you want to see is "ready to play", which indicates your account is enabled for Early Access.
Ok, thank you both for your help. This clears things up a bit. :-)